why does my cat urinate on the bed ?

Old November 28th 07, 06:51 AM
pual pual is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation why does my cat urinate on the bed ?

I just took in a stray cat . She was obviously a little up tight from living on the street. She is extremley scared of humans,and confined herself in the bedroom. I understood this and figured it woould take some time for her to warm up. I also have a kitten who i thought would help the new cat make the transition to house life. Now i knew that because of the paranoia of the stray that she might not come into the living room to find the litter box. I was right ,she climbed up on my bed and went. So I removed the sheets and cleaned then I had a revalation. i brought the litter box into the room where she felt safe. a couple of days went by and i checked the bedroom, nothing on the bed or floor. So I remade the bed with new sheets. As soon as i did, she peed on the bed. Can anyone suggest what this behavior might mean
Old November 28th 07, 08:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_2_]

Default why does my cat urinate on the bed ?

--
pual

It means that she's a cat and you let her get on your bed. What do you
think, that cats have manners? They're animals, dude.
She probably smells a spot where you've either screwed before or where
you're 'thingie' leaks out while you sleep at nite. She's an animal,
so she does what comes naturally. She'd eat you if you were small
enough. You do realize that, don't you...?
Hope this helps... I can't be any more up-front than that.

IBen Gertiner
Old November 28th 07, 07:27 PM
pual pual is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pual View Post
I just took in a stray cat . She was obviously a little up tight from living on the street. She is extremley scared of humans,and confined herself in the bedroom. I understood this and figured it woould take some time for her to warm up. I also have a kitten who i thought would help the new cat make the transition to house life. Now i knew that because of the paranoia of the stray that she might not come into the living room to find the litter box. I was right ,she climbed up on my bed and went. So I removed the sheets and cleaned then I had a revalation. i brought the litter box into the room where she felt safe. a couple of days went by and i checked the bedroom, nothing on the bed or floor. So I remade the bed with new sheets. As soon as i did, she peed on the bed. Can anyone suggest what this behavior might mean
thats an intersting response but, why is the cat only urinating on the bed when it has sheets on it. thats what im trying to figure out
Old November 29th 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Nov 28, 11:16�am, Richard Evans wrote:
IBen Getiner wrote:
On Nov 28, 12:51?am, pual wrote:
[...]

Not necessarily. We used to do foster care for rescued cats, hundreds
of them. Only once or twice did anyone pee on the bed and it was
always one particular cat who, for whatever reason, seemed to be
making a statement. Never figured out what the statement was, so
started keeping the bedroom door closed.- Hide quoted text -

How dare you prohibit that animal's movement. And how dare you say
'no'. She should be allowed free reign over all she surveys. Who are
YOU that you might make RULES for anyone else to follow? If it feels
good, then I say do it. Let her pee-pee freely if she so desires.
That's the way evolution designed her. Not that she would have to
observe some kind of bull**** 'rules' just for needing to do what
comes naturally. Get it together, azzhole... NOW.

IBen Getiner
Old December 5th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

If this cat uses the litterbox most of the time, then I'd suggest you get
her to the vet and have her checked out for a possible UTI. This can become
a very serious issue if you don't get them checked out.

news

Old December 6th 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

On Dec 5, 2:56 pm, "Cat Protector" wrote:
If this cat uses the litterbox most of the time, then I'd suggest you get
her to the vet and have her checked out for a possible UTI. This can become
a very serious issue if you don't get them checked out.

"pual" wrote in message

news

[...]

pual- Hide quoted text -

LOL....!!! Why don't you just put a lid on this kind of KRAP...!
It's the same old junk that you've papped all of your friggin' days in
here. And the thing iz, it never helps anybody.

IBen Getiner