Internet's Butt

Old February 14th 09, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default Internet's Butt

I swear my cats are going to be the death of me. Yesterday, I was
freaking out about Internet, and a home physical therapist took my blood
pressure. I don't even want to think about how high it was, but she
said it was "emergency room high". Since we figured I was freaking out
about Internet, we let it go. And I'm still here.

I had noticed the other day (why do we look at cats' butts anyway?) that
my poor little Internet's butt was "hanging out". I looked it up on the
computer, and found that he apparently had a prolapsed rectum. I called
the vet, and they said the only thing I could probably do was get some
vaselione or K-Y jelly, lubriicate him,and gently push his anus back
into place.

This wa a new one on me. How do you gentle push a cat's anus back into
place anyway? How do you tell? Why do I seem to be obsessed with cats'
butts at the moment?

I had no money, no way to get out, and no vaseline. So my friend
Jennifer picked me up some K-Y, but I still didn't know how to get his
rear back into his rear, so I started freaking out. I cut my nail on my
little finger, and just gave it a shot, which didn't seem to do much.
Luckily, he took a good crap and that seemed to temporarily take care of
hte problem.

By yesterday, I was freaking out even further. The poor physical
therapist felt bad, but couldn't run me to the vet. I called my few
friends with cars, but no luck. Calling the nearest vet instead of my
usual vets, I explained the situation. They stayed open a little late
as I told them I was going to try hitchhiking in.

I know it's dangerous, but I've been doing it a lot lately, and so far
not had a problem. Until yesterday. Mr. Greaseball picked me up and I
was never so glad to get out of a car in my life. He truly exuded
grease, and wanted to take me home from the vet, too. Um, I don't think
so. I kept trying to get him to turn into the vet's and he kept missing
it, so we were going around in circles, while I gritted my teeth and he
got ticked off. Finally, I yelled "Here! Turn here! Stop here!" and
jumped out of the car with a very quick "Thanks", practially running
into the vet. (What made all this worse was if any of you remember the
horrible animal abusing neighbors I got Arthur from, I have a feeling
Mr. Greaseball is friends with those creeps.)

At any rate, I made it in a little late, but the very kind doctor there
took a look. I had never conisidered that a urinary blockage might
cause this problem; luckily, his little bladder was small, so no
blockage. He had eaten a lot and not pooped yet, though; "My, you had a
veritable smorgasboard before you came to see me," the vet said. That's
my boy!

She "borrowed" him to go into a back room because of another first:
Internet needed his anal glands expressed. Joy, joy. Just one was bad,
but it was pretty full. Her theory is that it is possible that
straining against that anal gland may have caused the prolapse. At
best, that will turn out to be true, and I *won't* have to keep sticking
my finger up my poor cat's rear for the rest of his life. At worst, I
will, until he gives up on life. Which so far, he hasn't. He's alert,
playful, eating and drinking and peeing and pooping and meowing and
purring and cuddling up wiith me. That's not a cat that's ready to go,
20 years old or not.

They were nice enough to let me split the payment into two payments.
And when they couldn't reach a cab, one of them, Crystal, even offered
to drive me and Internet home. Which she did, while she shared some of
her Valentine's candy with me. I was telling her about what you guys
were doing for Kili's cats, and she thought that was a wonderful idea,
and is going to set up her own truwt fund for her Siamese.

I'm still to keep him lubricated, and keep an eye on him for the next
several days. But with luck, he will be okay.

Sigh. What in the world is next? No, no -- I'm not going to ask that
question!

Purrs gratefully received,

Ginger-lyn
Old February 14th 09, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Feb 14, 11:51*am, Ginger-lyn wrote:

I had noticed the other day (why do we look at cats' butts anyway?) that
my poor little Internet's butt was "hanging out". *I looked it up on the
computer, and found that he apparently had a prolapsed rectum. *I called
the vet, and they said the only thing I could probably do was get some
vaselione or K-Y jelly, lubriicate him,and gently push his anus back
into place.

I salute Ginger Lynn who just went beyond and above the call of duty!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 14th 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
news
[...]

Poor little Internet! No jokes here, just purrs for you both.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old February 14th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Ginger-lyn wrote:
I swear my cats are going to be the death of me. Yesterday, I was
freaking out about Internet, and a home physical therapist took my
blood pressure. I don't even want to think about how high it was,
but she said it was "emergency room high". Since we figured I was
freaking out about Internet, we let it go. And I'm still here.

snip
Sigh. What in the world is next? No, no -- I'm not going to ask that
question!

Purrs gratefully received,

Ginger-lyn

Lots of purrs and hugs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 14th 09, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Ginger-lyn wrote:

I had noticed the other day (why do we look at cats' butts anyway?) that
my poor little Internet's butt was "hanging out". I looked it up on the
computer, and found that he apparently had a prolapsed rectum. I called
the vet, and they said the only thing I could probably do was get some
vaselione or K-Y jelly, lubriicate him,and gently push his anus back
into place.

Oh, my. That does not sound like a fun job. I remember Sherry saying "there
are some things which, if you can afford it, you are better off paying
someone else to do it. Teaching your child to drive is one. Expressing a
cat's anal glands is another". (Remember saying that, Sherry? ) I do
realize this is not expressing his anal glands, which is probably worse
than simply pushing his anus back inside, but I don't know, neither of them
sound very fun to me! You might want to pick up a box of latex gloves.

By yesterday, I was freaking out even further. The poor physical
therapist felt bad, but couldn't run me to the vet. I called my few
friends with cars, but no luck. Calling the nearest vet instead of my
usual vets, I explained the situation. They stayed open a little late
as I told them I was going to try hitchhiking in.

I know it's dangerous, but I've been doing it a lot lately, and so far
not had a problem. Until yesterday. Mr. Greaseball picked me up and I
was never so glad to get out of a car in my life.

I hitchhiked when I was in my late teens. A few hairy rides with creepy
guys cured me of that habit. I know it's sometimes necessary to do stuff
you'd rather not do when you don't have money, but that worries me! I'm
glad you and Internet managed to get there safely.

They were nice enough to let me split the payment into two payments.
And when they couldn't reach a cab, one of them, Crystal, even offered
to drive me and Internet home. Which she did, while she shared some of
her Valentine's candy with me.

She's a keeper! And so is that vet. Maybe you should switch to them.

Purrs for Internet, and especially for YOU!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 15th 09, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
myspacegirl97

OMG haha LOL!!
Old February 15th 09, 07:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

news

Purrs are on the way!

Joy

Old February 15th 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Feb 14, 11:51*am, Ginger-lyn wrote:

.. *Mr. Greaseball picked me up and I
was never so glad to get out of a car in my life. *He truly exuded
grease, and wanted to take me home from the vet,

You know what you could have done- suggested if he help you with a
small problem you'd be grateful and when he said "What problem?"
Handed him the KY and explained what needed to be done. Either he
wouldn't be able to get you out of his car fast enough (so do it near
the vets) or maybe it would turn out he had a cat with a similar
problem and could do it for you, which if nothing else would suggest
he wasn't such a Greaseball and would save you on vet bills

Personally i think it would have been the first option, I just have
visions of his car pulling up outside a bar, he staggers in white and
shaking managing to order a double scotch and 4 or so of those later
when the barman asks him what's wrong- can you imagine his
explanation?

LOL!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

[OT - Biking] My Butt!! ;> CatNipped Cat anecdotes 32 July 4th 05 05:15 PM
Sore by Butt oscargrouch Cat health & behaviour 4 May 20th 05 04:49 AM
Cat Butt Merchandise Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 3 February 12th 05 08:03 PM
Butt juice badwilson Cat anecdotes 8 January 21st 05 04:48 AM
Cat needs butt shaved I think dgk Cat health & behaviour 13 December 29th 04 01:45 AM