Boy cats vs girl cats

Old June 12th 13, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

Default Boy cats vs girl cats

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 9:38:46 PM UTC-4, Takayuki wrote:
I've asked this question before a few years ago, but what do you think are

the differences between boycats and girlcats?

I've only had one boy - Buster. He's probably the funniest cat I've ever

had. Oh, he thinks he's completely serious about the business of being a

cat, and he always has a busy itinerary. But he's also more self-absorbed

and impulsive than any other cat I've had, which makes him seem a bit

goofy. Sticking his head into empty cereal boxes, sliding backwards off my

lap, and taking rides in the laundry basket.

The girls I've had were more self-conscious. Betty was polite and clingy.

Dot is demanding and clingy. And Spicey keeps everyone expertly at arm's

length.

I've had both boycats and girlcats, and the only difference I can really see is that the boycats are more fun to talk about. As a professional spinster, it's fun to tell people that 'the only man in my life has 4 legs and fur'. For girlcats, that sentence doesn't work. LOL

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old June 12th 13, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/12/2013 3:28 AM, Bastette wrote:

Yes! The same is true in my house. Roxy is the sweetheart, the one who
rubs noses with me and purrs in my ear. Licky is the comedian - although
I doubt he'd see it that way. He's just quirky. In the evening, he stalks
around the house yowling, eventually diving under the throw rug and
emerging out the other side - just his head (and sometimes not his whole
head). If I say his name, he looks at me with huge wackadoodle eyes that
gleam in the light.

Licky sounds hiliarious! I love that he dives under the rug and peeks
out.

Jill
Old June 12th 13, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Bastette" wrote in message
Takayuki wrote:

I've had girls as enormously diverse as Betty and Spicey, but I feel
like
they share a certain girlcat soul. Dot too.

I've always had a soft spot for girlkitties. Not that all girls are the
same, but there's a certain girly kind of sweetness that I don't see in
many boy cats, not to say that they're not affectionate. They do seem to
have a different style.

My impression of Buster though, is just different somehow. I often find
him
to be so funny for some reason, sort of like how Marina feels about
Caliban, or Theresa about Dante.

--
Joyce

"Sentimentality" -- that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
-- Graham Greene

There is a great variation among cats and their purrsonalities. Of the ten
or more cats I've had, the sweetest ones I've ever had were Nanki-Poo and
Herbie, both males.

Joy

Old June 12th 13, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:27:51 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I've only had one female cat, Kitty Farmcat. I was very fond of her but I
don't think she cared a jot about me and would vent her considerable
temper
on me if it suited her mood.

whereas my present cat, Boyfriend, a boycat (obviously) has no mood
unless
it is sunny and even when he has to be caught for Important Injections he
would not scratch me even when we fight to get him into his carrier. He's
well aware when Claire comes to help me stuff him in it and then he is
under
the bed.

My girlcat had a hard time so maybe she's not typical but she did have a
big
temper.

My choice would be a boycat.

I can picture Pooey all scraggly, limp, and frowning, being carried bodily
by you.

I've had girls as enormously diverse as Betty and Spicey, but I feel like
they share a certain girlcat soul. Dot too.

My impression of Buster though, is just different somehow. I often find
him
to be so funny for some reason, sort of like how Marina feels about
Caliban, or Theresa about Dante.

There have been plenty of amusing girls though as well, such as Jennifer's
Peaches, or Jill's Persia.

Sometimes I think we project our humor on them. They *think* they're doing
Very Serious Work.

If I am ever up for a new cat, it will be a boy.
God forbid that anything happens to Boyfie, but if it did, I would try and
get a wandering tomcat, get him the snip and transform his life.
Boyfie was a wandering boy but luckily not for too long as he got the snip
fairly swiftly.
Now he is happy: no longer does he have to fight or see a reason to patrol
against other cats 24/7.
He does like to go out to look at rats every night though and threaten them.
He is not a cat that would fight anyway, normally, unless he sees a black
one, like his enemy and then he is well up for it.
Luckily his enemy has moved away but he doesn't know that so any black cat
is very suspect and if he sees one in his garden, well, now he is older, he
fights every single one Himself. Which was a shame when a perfectly innocent
black girl passed through and he jumped on her :-(
He did let go of her immediately though as he realised it was not Him, that
awful black cat that bullied him and came into his own house to do so.
Had they not moved away I would have had to speak to them about it, but
luckily they did so I haven't had to.
KFC was still alive then and he got half-killed by his silly idea about
attacking Boyfie and decided against it.

Old June 12th 13, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Jane wrote:

I've had both boycats and girlcats, and the only difference I can really see is that the boycats are more fun to talk about. As a professional spinster, it's fun to tell people that 'the only man in my life has 4 legs and fur'. For girlcats, that sentence doesn't work. LOL

Heh. That works for me.

However, I do find Licky more fun to talk about because he does so many
funny and weird things. Roxy has a few quirks, but mostly she's just plain
adorable and sweet. She's even-tempered, not too demanding and doesn't
cause trouble. She's my heart-cat, but I have to admit that Licky's antics
make better anecdotes for this group.

--
Joyce

If you can't operate your turn signal, what makes you think you can
drive the rest of the car? -- bumper sticker
Old June 12th 13, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
I've asked this question before a few years ago, but what do you
think are the differences between boycats and girlcats?

I think ladies tend to settle down to spending most of their time
indoors at an earlier age than guys do. The oldest male we've had
was Ishmael and he kept going outside to do what a man's gotta do
until a few weeks before he died.

For ours, it seems like the blokes tended to be one-human cats more
than the girls.

But do you neuter your boycats, Jack? I seem to remember that you don't and
was very upset a while ago when one of your boys got run over. That was
totally your fault as if you'd had him neutered he would
not have been on the roads looking for girls.
Slam me for saying the truth.
Boyfie came here intact, and no doubt he lost his original home because they
could not be bothered to neuter him.

I did and now he doesn't go out looking for girls, he prefers to look for
mouses and small ratties and go to bed with his duvet.

Old June 12th 13, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Bastette" wrote in message
Jane wrote:

I've had both boycats and girlcats, and the only difference I can really
see is that the boycats are more fun to talk about. As a professional
spinster, it's fun to tell people that 'the only man in my life has 4
legs and fur'. For girlcats, that sentence doesn't work. LOL

Heh. That works for me.

However, I do find Licky more fun to talk about because he does so many
funny and weird things. Roxy has a few quirks, but mostly she's just plain
adorable and sweet. She's even-tempered, not too demanding and doesn't
cause trouble. She's my heart-cat, but I have to admit that Licky's antics
make better anecdotes for this group.

--
Joyce

If you can't operate your turn signal, what makes you think you can
drive the rest of the car? -- bumper sticker

Nanki-Poo was my heart-cat, but Arky was the one who was the most fun to
talk about. He was a fearless klutz. He tried tight-rope walking on the
curtain rod over the sliding glass doors, for instance, and fell off. That
didn't keep him from trying again. And again. He would lie on top of the
TV (not a flat screen at the time), and slowly slide off. He did all sorts
of adorable klutzy things.

Joy

Old June 14th 13, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

On 6/12/2013 3:28 AM, Bastette wrote:

Yes! The same is true in my house. Roxy is the sweetheart, the one who
rubs noses with me and purrs in my ear. Licky is the comedian - although
I doubt he'd see it that way. He's just quirky. In the evening, he stalks
around the house yowling, eventually diving under the throw rug and
emerging out the other side - just his head (and sometimes not his whole
head). If I say his name, he looks at me with huge wackadoodle eyes that
gleam in the light.

Licky sounds hiliarious! I love that he dives under the rug and peeks
out.

Here are a few photos. I've posted them here before, but you might not
have seen them all:

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...usage_cat1.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...usage_cat2.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...usage_cat3.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...usage_cat4.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...usage_cat5.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...e_cat_tail.jpg

--
Joyce

What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry
Old June 14th 13, 11:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Licky is the comedian - although
I doubt he'd see it that way. He's just quirky. In the evening, he stalks
around the house yowling, eventually diving under the throw rug and
emerging out the other side - just his head (and sometimes not his whole
head). If I say his name, he looks at me with huge wackadoodle eyes that
gleam in the light.

Here are a few photos. I've posted them here before, but you might not
have seen them all:

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...usage_cat1.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...usage_cat2.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...usage_cat3.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...usage_cat4.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...usage_cat5.jpg

http://www.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/...e_cat_tail.jpg

Our Ollie does the same, except he doesn't some out the other side -
you just see a bump under the bathroom mat. And we have a very similar
mat to you - in the UK those were sold by Habitat for years.

Marion's son's cats have found a different way to play with one. They
take a flying leap onto it so it slithers across the floor like a
cotton surfboard. It ends up against the wall in different place every
morning.

Old June 15th 13, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 20:51:27 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:
Heh. That works for me.

However, I do find Licky more fun to talk about because he does so many
funny and weird things. Roxy has a few quirks, but mostly she's just plain
adorable and sweet. She's even-tempered, not too demanding and doesn't
cause trouble. She's my heart-cat, but I have to admit that Licky's antics
make better anecdotes for this group.

I felt that way about Betty - like Roxy, she didn't get into trouble or do
anything outrageous. I didn't often have much to write about her, so I
ended up writing more about our feelings and day to day cuddles.

But still, for years after she'd passed away, there were a couple of people
who said that they still remembered her.

Buster though, is a funny cat. I wish I could read kitty minds, so I could
know what he's thinking! Dot likes to try to get into trouble too, when
she's awake.