Another cat coming around our house

Old April 26th 05, 09:26 PM

I would take my vets advice over someone I don't know on the internet
any day. My 8 year old cat had stopped getting the vaccinations because
he was never around other cats and he is a strictly indoor cat. Then
when we had to evacuate because of hurricane Ivan, we stayed with people
who also have a cat. Afterwards I was informed that their cat has
feline leukemia. My cat has never been vaccinated against feline aids.
The vet told me not to use that vaccine unless the cats were outside
where they could come in contact with other cats.

I just took a kitten to the vet yesterday, and because it appears that
she has recently given birth, the only vaccination she got was for
rabies. That is a law in most states. All my animals are vaccinated
against rabies. She was tested for feline leukemia and aids. The tests
were negative. The only trouble is that a nursing cat cannot get any of
the other vaccines until the kittens are weaned. The vet told me if I
can find the kittens they will take them at 8 weeks and put them in
their no kill adoption survice where they will all be sterilized and
tested then vaccinated.

I had 2 cats that died of feline leukemia before the vaccine was
invented. The illness is nothing you would want any cat to go through.

Cat lady from Navarre, Fl

Just remember that it's a grand illusion

Deep inside we're all the same

STYX

The truth is out there.

X-files

Jellicle Ball: Furrst Drafft ov Nayms The Clowder Cat community 70 November 27th 04 04:02 PM
Jellicle Ball: Final Calling of Names Mietze Cat community 20 November 12th 04 07:59 PM
The Cats House Gee Cats - misc 4 April 21st 04 11:06 AM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 03:17 AM
I'm gettin' a house! JLONL2 Cat anecdotes 2 December 6th 03 06:51 AM