RIP Johnny Carson

Old January 27th 05, 04:19 AM
Singh

Default RIP Johnny Carson

We've had our cable turned off for a couple of weeks (due to customer
service issues with that nasty little monopoly) and I've just heard of the
passing of one of my favorite funny-men, Johnny Carson. In keeping with his
spirit of humor, his unabashed desire and ability to push the envelope, and
the topic of this group, I offer a story from his show, one which may or may
not be apocryphal. (WARNING: may not be suitable for sensitive readers ;-) )

The guest was ZsaZsa Gabor. Long before she was slapping cops, she was
famous for serial marriage, and must have done something else besides be Eva
Gabor's sister...but I digress.

She came to the platform dressed to the nines and carrying a fluffy white
Persian cat, who sat quietly on her lap being idly stroked during her
interview with Johnny. At one point she interrupted herself and said,
"Johnny, would you like to pet my pussy?"

It was too good to resist. Before the network censors could cut in, he told
her, "Sure, ZsaZsa, if you'll get the damn cat out of the way!"

It is said that ZsaZsa never appeared again on his show, she was so
insulted.
It is also said that after that the Tonight Show started using a
seven-second delay for just such an emergency.

One thing is for sure. Tonight the angels are having a few good laughs.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old January 27th 05, 04:44 AM
Stormin Mormon

Next time I'm out your way, remind me to tell you the joke that dissolved
Johny Carson so bad he coulnd't go on with the show after the commercial.
Buddy Hackett told it.

No, I can't write it, it's visual. No, I can't write it, it's R-rated.

Love the cat joke, highly on topic for t his forum.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Old January 27th 05, 05:39 AM
Gabey8

ROTFLOL!!!!

hee hee hee hee hee

I'm sorry, but Zsa Zsa walked RIGHT into that punch line. Too funny!

Donna

Old January 27th 05, 06:34 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Singh" had some very interesting things to say
about RIP Johnny Carson:

We've had our cable turned off for a couple of weeks (due to customer
service issues with that nasty little monopoly) and I've just heard of the
passing of one of my favorite funny-men, Johnny Carson. In keeping with his
spirit of humor, his unabashed desire and ability to push the envelope, and
the topic of this group, I offer a story from his show, one which may or may
not be apocryphal. (WARNING: may not be suitable for sensitive readers ;-) )

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/zsazsa.htm says it's a myth, but IMO
still funny. :-)

Old January 27th 05, 03:36 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:19:40 -0500, "Singh"
yodeled:

[...]

My favorite thing was the marmoset that scrambled to the top of his
head, then promptly peed on him.

Theresa
Old January 28th 05, 02:34 PM
Treeline

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:19:40 -0500, "Singh"
yodeled:

The guest was ZsaZsa Gabor. Long before she was slapping cops, she was
famous for serial marriage, and must have done something else besides

be Eva
Gabor's sister...but I digress.

She came to the platform dressed to the nines and carrying a fluffy

white
Persian cat, who sat quietly on her lap being idly stroked during her
interview with Johnny. At one point she interrupted herself and said,
"Johnny, would you like to pet my pussy?"

It was too good to resist. Before the network censors could cut in, he

told
her, "Sure, ZsaZsa, if you'll get the damn cat out of the way!"

It is said that ZsaZsa never appeared again on his show, she was so
insulted.

Actually, she appeared on his shows during the course of decades. I am
pretty sure
I saw her on his show during the late 1970's or early 1980's, myself,
with my own eyes.
And she appeared with just herself.

She did appear on his predecessor's, Jack Paar show with a pet. But the
pet was a DOG!
And the dog was on the desk, not in her lap, according to an internet
debunking site.
In her autobiography, she mentions horses and dogs, but never cats,
according to the
urban rumor type site. In any case, it's unlikely that she would have a
Persian cat
and appear with it in front of millions of viewers and never mention this
in her book?
Anyone read her autobiography here?

In 1989, Johnny Carson in response to a question by Jane Fonda on his
show,
whose son (Jane's) asked about this, said it never happened, although it
appeared
that he wished that it did happen. He said he would have remembered if it
did happen.
If it did happen, it was about 40 years ago and all those tapes are no
more, erased.
Again, an urban myth type of site debunking this.

When I think back to television back then, it was like Catholic High
Schools.
You could not even think about anything that dealt with body parts.
It's just not possible for this sort of thing to have happened.
But it is intriguing how difficult it is to find out the truth about
this.

It is also said that after that the Tonight Show started using a
seven-second delay for just such an emergency.

The seven-second delay was in effect before this. The FCC was even more
censor oriented than now. You could not even hint about anything sexual
or intimate.

One thing is for sure. Tonight the angels are having a few good

laughs.

Blessed be,
Baha

Fascinating how rumors become reality. I am sorry to rain on your parade.
There ain't no angels, I'm sorry. It's all made up, fabrications, like
this story.

Now if you want to talk about disembodied quanta of energy...