TK's heart murmur. Bad to worse.

Old May 20th 05, 11:47 PM
PawsForThought

Nomen Nescio wrote:
So here's my take on the situation:
Last year I adopted a wild cat with the intent of treating
the bite wound on his butt, and giving him a good home
where he would be well loved and well fed.
And what did I really do? Take a cat that was perfectly
happy living outdoors and visiting us for food and a little
play. Then I locked him in the house, cut his balls off,
made him fat and lazy, and gave him heart disease.
All the while thinking how much I LOVE the little guy and
how I want the best for him.

I'm sorry to hear about your kitty, but this is NOT your fault. Here's
my take. You provided a good home for a cat that most likely could
have ended up with a lot worse than a bite wound on his butt, plus he
would have contributed to pet overpopulation. Mostly likely his
condition is probably genetic and I don't think it's anything you did.
Much as we'd like to think they do, vets don't know everything.

Old May 21st 05, 12:05 AM
Mary

From: "Mary"

He's so young! How heartbreaking.

That's an understatement.
My wife and I both feel like our entire world has crumbled.
TK's become such an important part of our life.

Just don't blame yourself. I am glad Phil verified what
I had heard about this type of heart disease being hereditary in young cats.
It is horrible enough without
you blaming yourself. You have been nothing but wonderful for TK.

Old May 21st 05, 03:42 AM
ElvisRocks

Oh jeez!!!! My heart breaks for you. My Randall was overweight. And when
I took Randi to the
vet before I got Cali, they said he was too fat and had a very slight heart
murmur!
I just adopted two more kittens today.
You are not an asshole!!! I feel so bad for you. Life really does suck.
Carol \