There you have it folks ...(was Purrs for Dan)

Old July 9th 05, 02:03 AM
Mary

"Meghan Noecker" wrote in message
On 8 Jul 2005 17:39:00 -0700, "-L." wrote:

You mean Conan was going to be kept in a CAGE!! A CAGE!! A CAGE!! A
CAGE!! A ****ing, goddamned CAGE!!
Gee...where have I heard that before?

For only a day or a few. At most, it would have been 4 nights. If San
Diego had not worked out, he would have been ona flight that Saturday
to Washington. So, he certainly wouldn't be sitting in a cage still
today.

Um hum. IOW, "Let's hand the cat off to whomever will take him."

Well, that's better than handing him to somebody who doesn't want him.

So the indignantion isn't so much that Conan was going to be kept in a
CAGE (despite Mary's constant bellowing) but that he wasn't placed in
San Diego.

No, the indigination is that he is *still* in a cage 11 days later.
And no sign of a home in the near future.

Precisely. Everyone can see that but Lyn because ...

"There is no reality, there is only perception." Simple-minded Lynnie,
Jonathan's
Mom, Reducing her Survey-course Knowledge of Philosophy Even Further.

Old July 9th 05, 02:31 AM

Meghan posted:

"I certainly understood it to mean that local options would be first,
and he'd only go on a flight if those didn't work out"

That's because you are sane, Meghan :

See long and boring list of intergroup communications posted on the
other thread to hear the same point made ten more times.

"You mean Conan was going to be kept in a CAGE!! A CAGE!! A CAGE!! A
CAGE!! A ****ing, goddamned CAGE!! Gee...where have I heard that
before?"

Much to my regret. I had hoped to transfer him directly from the
shelter to his new home, but since idiots from the group commenced to
call the
shelter and babble about "Charlie and Mary and Dan on the Internet", we
were forced to concern ourselves with whether the shelter would indeed
release him prior to completing the adopter interviews via telephone.
We were also concerned that Phillip would re-adopt the cat as he
jovially was threatening to do and that didn't seem like a good idea
given the track record of relinquishing him to an uncertain future. The
hope was that San Diego would pan out and he could be driven down there
the very next day, and the back-up plan was that Rhonda would be down
to transport him on Saturday July 2nd - one week ago. Any time past
July 2nd that he has been caged, fostered or homeless is directly due
to the unnecessary actions of others.

Um hum. IOW, "Let's hand the cat off to whomever will take him."

Three of the homes were perfectly happy to take him and the fourth
looked promising at the time. He was a lucky cat to have so many
options
(all now taken away from him) and our job was to select one for him.
Travel stress was a very big factor to balance and the other factors
would have been determined by telephone interviews, which would have
started right after he was picked up from OC. A decision would have
been finalized in 24 hours or so and Conan would be entering his
second week in his new home this weekend. But as we know, that's not
what happened.

So the indignantion isn't so much that Conan was going to be kept in a
CAGE (despite Mary's constant bellowing) but that he wasn't placed in
San Diego.

Reading comprehension. It's a good thing. The indignation is that Conan

has lost three living situations and remains homeless almost two weeks
after multiple generous offers were made by concerned people. Wasted
effort and inefficient cat rescue.

That's the stupidest ****ing logic I have ever heard: "Let's say the
cat is still at the shelter and still at risk for being euthanized so
that people will stop calling the shelter."

While I admit Mary embarked on the obfuscation project with remarkable
alacrity and glee, there wasn't much choice when the shelter folk were
being inundated with confusing phone calls that would tempt them to
place the cat on hold till they could figure out what was going on. It
seemed better to all of us just to say it was off for a few hours to
stop all the crazy ranting that was going on. Dan, at the time, thought
it an excellent idea and accordingly, the notion that this had anything
whatsoever to do with the repetitive rescue attempt is silly.

If the cat was supposedly still at risk for euthanization, people are
MORE LIKELY to do something about it - call the shelter, or, as
happened - go get the cat. And that's *exactly* what happened. She
has no one to blame for where Conan is now but herself, for being such
a bloody idiot.

Nobody did do anything about it but the same person who was already
going to do something about it, as far as I can tell. Unfortunately, he
seems to have become convinced that none of the 4 possible homes we
were working with would have been acceptable. I don't know why and it
bothers me a great deal. Conan is either in a rather extended private
adoption process that looks to be taking quite a while, or he has been
relocated to a no-kill shelter and his adoption will be handled by
them. I assume someone will eventually come clean about which has
occurred. Not a tragedy as he will eventually be re-homed. But a delay
that didn't need to happen.

And Charlie was still waiting for "lift-off", as that was still a
viable option.

Charlie's very gracious (and numerous) statements that he was willing
to abide by the group decision-making process and his upfront
willingess to remain as a standby adopter if needed throughout the
interview process is well-documented on the other thread. While I
definitely thought there were some questions to be answered to work out
which home was the best available option, I did and do appreciate the
generous and reasonable way he presented himself via private e-mail.

-T

Old July 9th 05, 03:08 AM
whitershadeofpale

-L. wrote:

"Mary has no one to blame for where Conan is now but herself, for being
such
a bloody idiot."

-L.

All your **** is tore up!

All kinds of stray marks, and typos, **** not lining up,
words not spacedjustrunningtogether

Me and you know the truth; you want everyone to love you sooo bad.
Poor thang, trying soo hard. lol

=-- eeet brrreeerrrrnss!!!

Old July 9th 05, 04:43 AM
Mary

"kqqqqkqk" wrote in message
"-L." wrote...

(Crap snipped)

Just **** off, you toxic bitch. Now that you've bought a kid to fawn over,
it's only a matter of time until you get rid of any cats you currently
have, anyway.

Google

A fan of Lynnie's just sent me some posts from her alt.support.childfree
days.

Very funny. She calls breastfeeding mothers "moos."

Old July 9th 05, 07:54 AM
-L.

whitershadeofpale wrote:
-L. wrote:

"Mary has no one to blame for where Conan is now but herself, for being
such
a bloody idiot."

-L.

All your **** is tore up!

All kinds of stray marks, and typos, **** not lining up,
words not spacedjustrunningtogether

There aren't any "stray marks" when read from where it was posted, and
I have no control over how your newsreader formats what is posted. As
for the typos, yeah, I have typos. I don't see too well when I'm
tired. Sue me.

Me and you know the truth; you want everyone to love you sooo bad.
Poor thang, trying soo hard. lol

You're not man enough nor hard enough to love me, Bugs. Besides, I
like my men hot, black and bitter.

-L.

Old July 9th 05, 08:22 AM
-L.

Any time past
July 2nd that he has been caged, fostered or homeless is directly due
to the unnecessary actions of others.

Oh, but it *was* necessary because Mary lied to the ng and said Conan
was a lost cause. Furthermore, Dan mentioned possibly putting the cat
in a no-kill as an option (which nobody objected to,in the emails that
were posted) which certainly is no better than a boarding facility, in
terms of individualized care. (If, he is indeed being boarded) So your
"story" loses wind about, umm, ---here.

Um hum. IOW, "Let's hand the cat off to whomever will take him."

Three of the homes were perfectly happy to take him and the fourth
looked promising at the time. He was a lucky cat to have so many
options
(all now taken away from him) and our job was to select one for him.
Travel stress was a very big factor to balance and the other factors
would have been determined by telephone interviews, which would have
started right after he was picked up from OC. A decision would have
been finalized in 24 hours or so and Conan would be entering his
second week in his new home this weekend. But as we know, that's not
what happened.

Well I am glad to hear that you actually planned to investigate the
potential homes further, as in your other post it seemed like people
were ready and willing to hand him to the SD guy based on the one email
exchange with Mary. I am glad that was not the case, at least.

So the indignantion isn't so much that Conan was going to be kept in a
CAGE (despite Mary's constant bellowing) but that he wasn't placed in
San Diego.

Reading comprehension. It's a good thing. The indignation is that Conan

has lost three living situations and remains homeless almost two weeks
after multiple generous offers were made by concerned people. Wasted
effort and inefficient cat rescue.

Seeing how Mary botched your rescue plan, you have no one to blame but
her. Really. People stepped in and took him to make sure he wasn't
euthanized.

That's the stupidest ****ing logic I have ever heard: "Let's say the
cat is still at the shelter and still at risk for being euthanized so
that people will stop calling the shelter."

While I admit Mary embarked on the obfuscation project with remarkable
alacrity and glee, there wasn't much choice when the shelter folk were
being inundated with confusing phone calls that would tempt them to
place the cat on hold till they could figure out what was going on.

Speculation. You don't know for sure that anyone even called the
shelter, despite the post from "Jess". It may be that Katherine was
just disgusted with talking to Mary, period, and decided to quit
returning calls, especially since they were long distance (unless, of
course, Mary has a toll-free number).

It
seemed better to all of us just to say it was off for a few hours

That's stupid logic. Since so many people were concerned about the
cat, it makes perfect sense that someone else would step in. Hindsight
is, of course, 20/20.

stop all the crazy ranting that was going on. Dan, at the time, thought
it an excellent idea and accordingly, the notion that this had anything
whatsoever to do with the repetitive rescue attempt is silly.

No, it's not silly. You have no idea if Dan is involved unless he has
personally emailed you and told you so. He hasn't. Furthermore, I
,myself, called contacts in the Bay and LA to see if anyone was home
and willing to help, to see if they might be able to do something.
Believe it or not, people took what Mary posted at face value.

If the cat was supposedly still at risk for euthanization, people are
MORE LIKELY to do something about it - call the shelter, or, as
happened - go get the cat. And that's *exactly* what happened. She
has no one to blame for where Conan is now but herself, for being such
a bloody idiot.

Nobody did do anything about it but the same person who was already
going to do something about it, as far as I can tell.

As far as you can tell. Which isn't far.

Unfortunately, he
seems to have become convinced that none of the 4 possible homes we
were working with would have been acceptable.

Have you ever thought that maybe Dan isn't a decision maker? That Dan
*didn't* take Conan?

I don't know why and it
bothers me a great deal. Conan is either in a rather extended private
adoption process that looks to be taking quite a while, or he has been
relocated to a no-kill shelter and his adoption will be handled by
them.

Or he's being sponsored by people who can afford to board him
indefinitely, or he's in a foster home, or one of the people involved
in his rescue have him, or Phillip has him, or he's at a no-kill, or
they've already placed him privately and psychos on this ng have kept
them from posting anything further. The possibilities are endless, and
as someone who does rescue herself, I am surprised you don't understand
this.

I assume someone will eventually come clean about which has
occurred.

It has nothing to do with "coming clean". It has everything to do with
people not needing to know anything. No one owes anyone anything.

Not a tragedy as he will eventually be re-homed. But a delay
that didn't need to happen.

Well, just recongize that had Mary not posted that the rescue mission
was off, you would have had the cat.

-L.

Old July 9th 05, 09:35 AM

Oh, but it *was* necessary because Mary lied to the ng and said Conan
was a lost cause.

Reading comprehension problems again. Read Candace's post. She can
explain it to you.

(If, he is indeed being boarded)

This is getting really tiresome. Either he is or isn't being boarded.
Find out if you really haven't any idea.

Well I am glad to hear that you actually planned to investigate the
potential homes further, as in your other post it seemed like people
were ready and willing to hand him to the SD guy based on the one email exchange with Mary. I am glad that was not the case, at least.

How could it have been the case? If it had, the cat could've been out
of the shelter earlier. The only thing that hadn't happened was that a
home had not been selected and we were trying to avoid BOARDING THE
CAT, or at least keeping any such time to the absolute minimum.
If you would think before you would post, it would really help.

Seeing how Mary botched your rescue plan, you have no one to blame but her. Really. People stepped in and took him to make sure he wasn't euthanized.

Oh my. Candace explained how the whole thing worked and wrote it all up
for you nicely and neatly and you didn't understand it. Read it again,
very slowly, and eventually you will comprehend.

Or he's being sponsored by people who can afford to board him
indefinitely

Boarding him INDEFINITELY. Now there's a wonderful plan.

or he's in a foster home

Having been shuttled in two weeks from the municipal shelter to a board
and care facility and then on to a foster home - this after being
sheltered once already, adopted, sick, surrendered, hospitalized, and
then returned to the shelter. Sounds just great.

one of the people involved in his rescue have him

We know who 2/3 of the rescuers are and one said he cannot take him
(already has six cats) and the other is in Canada. I guess it's
hypothetically possible your anonymous 3d person has him, but if it is
the person who e-mailed me Charlie-objections in great detail (and made
me promise confidentiality, which you will notice I did not violate),
then I certainly hope not.

or Phillip has him

That would be a bad joke.

Or he's at a no-kill

If he is, then Monica has no ability to adopt him out and she is
wasting a lot of peoples time carrying on about her standards when they
are irrelevent, not to mention writing a book to Meghan for no reason
at all since she isn't deciding whether or not a home is adequate for
the cat.

they've already placed him privately and psychos on this ng have kept
them from posting anything further.

I can't imagine they wouldn't want to mention this fact as the rancor
is unlikely to stop until they find a replacement for the homes they
have rejected for the cat.

The possibilities are endless, and
as someone who does rescue herself, I am surprised you don't understand this.

They are indeed endless. The problem is that most of the ones you
mentioned are bad and offer no detectable advantage over settling in to
a new home with a loving companion.

It has nothing to do with "coming clean". It has everything to do with
people not needing to know anything. No one owes anyone anything.

Then you can't blame people for guessing. You don't want speculation,
cop to what actually happened and is happening. Otherwise one guess is
as good as another.

Well, just recongize that had Mary not posted that the rescue mission
was off, you would have had the cat.

Sigh. Read Candace's post *again*. Another 10 times and I'm just sure
that you'll understand it.

-T

Old July 9th 05, 10:02 AM
-L.

Oh, but it *was* necessary because Mary lied to the ng and said Conan
was a lost cause.

Reading comprehension problems again. Read Candace's post. She can
explain it to you.

I read Candace's post. I simply don't agree with it at all. The
future will tell, won't it?

(If, he is indeed being boarded)

This is getting really tiresome. Either he is or isn't being boarded.
Find out if you really haven't any idea.

I am not the one who cares whether or not he is boarded. You state it
as known fact. It isn't known fact unless you are pivvy to info you
haven't disclosed.

Well I am glad to hear that you actually planned to investigate the
potential homes further, as in your other post it seemed like people
were ready and willing to hand him to the SD guy based on the one

email exchange with Mary. I am glad that was not the case, at least.

How could it have been the case? If it had, the cat could've been out
of the shelter earlier.

Based solely on the email exchange the guy had just made contact with
Mary that day (or the day before). You could not have taken him out of
the shelter any earlier if you were considering the SD guy at all.

The only thing that hadn't happened was that a
home had not been selected and we were trying to avoid BOARDING THE
CAT, or at least keeping any such time to the absolute minimum.
If you would think before you would post, it would really help.

You're *so* nice. Good thing you didn't get the cat.

Seeing how Mary botched your rescue plan, you have no one to blame but her. Really. People stepped in and took him to make sure he wasn't euthanized.

Oh my. Candace explained how the whole thing worked and wrote it all up
for you nicely and neatly and you didn't understand it.

I understood it perfectly. I don't buy it because I'm not willing to
vilify Dan without any proof. You have ****-colored glasses on and
only can see on scenario - the one where you have to have a villian.

Read it again,
very slowly, and eventually you will comprehend.

There you go again. Why don't you tell me what rescue group you work
with in the Bay area so I can see if you are as much of a bitch in
person. I know a lot of people there.

Or he's being sponsored by people who can afford to board him
indefinitely

Boarding him INDEFINITELY. Now there's a wonderful plan.

Not any different than putting him in a no-kill shelter. Which you
evidently were perfectly fine with when Dan suggested it.

or he's in a foster home

Having been shuttled in two weeks from the municipal shelter to a board
and care facility

You don't know he was ever in a boarding facility.

and then on to a foster home - this after being
sheltered once already, adopted, sick, surrendered, hospitalized, and
then returned to the shelter. Sounds just great.

Could have been different if your little Mary hadn't ****ed up the
plan.

one of the people involved in his rescue have him

We know who 2/3 of the rescuers

No you don't. You know one.

are and one said he cannot take him
(already has six cats) and the other is in Canada. I guess it's
hypothetically possible your anonymous 3d person has him, but if it is
the person who e-mailed me Charlie-objections in great detail (and made
me promise confidentiality, which you will notice I did not violate),
then I certainly hope not.

Again, you wouldn't have a fear in your petty little head had Mary not
****ed this up for you. I hope you thank her royally. read it again
and again until it sinks in: "Mary ****ed up your plan."

or Phillip has him

That would be a bad joke.

Not any worse than sending him to dog-starving, cat-hanging,
pot-smoking Charlie. Or to live with someone who can't even support
*herself*.

Or he's at a no-kill

If he is, then Monica has no ability to adopt him out

How do you know? Maybe it is a no-kill run by someone who somebody
else knows? maybe they are sponsoring him, so they get to call the
shots. The fact is, no matter how you slice it, you dont know ****
about the situation.

and she is
wasting a lot of peoples time carrying on about her standards when they
are irrelevent, not to mention writing a book to Meghan for no reason
at all since she isn't deciding whether or not a home is adequate for
the cat.

they've already placed him privately and psychos on this ng have kept
them from posting anything further.

I can't imagine they wouldn't want to mention this fact as the rancor
is unlikely to stop until they find a replacement for the homes they
have rejected for the cat.

Do you really think they care about the "rancor"? Really? Do yo think
they give a **** about you?

snip

It has nothing to do with "coming clean". It has everything to do with
people not needing to know anything. No one owes anyone anything.

Then you can't blame people for guessing. You don't want speculation,
cop to what actually happened and is happening. Otherwise one guess is
as good as another.

Well, just recongize that had Mary not posted that the rescue mission
was off, you would have had the cat.

Sigh. Read Candace's post *again*. Another 10 times and I'm just sure
that you'll understand it.

I understand it just fine. The problem is that it's bull****.

-L.

Old July 9th 05, 03:54 PM
whitershadeofpale

-L. wrote:
talking to herself
-L.

OH JUST STOPPIT!

They have medsin for stuff like this.

L: Good morning finger-puppet

T: *wiggles* good morning, we had a successful night no?

L: yes we did my precious, and today is going to be even more taudry