CAT NEEDS HOME - SACRAMENTO, CA

Old July 25th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
[email protected]

Default CAT NEEDS HOME - SACRAMENTO, CA

There is a cat in my backyard that needs some rescuing. I don't
enough about cats to know its age but I would guess less than 6
months. It is severely malnourished. It is skin and bones and the
other stray cats are fighting with it. It is a very nice cat. It
took about 3 days before it would come close enough to be pet but now
it loves human contact and is waiting for me when I get home from
work. I think this cat is definitely adoptable but I just do not have
the financial means right now to surrender it to the SPCA or to
continue taking care of it myself. I have another cat and I am only
allowed one cat per my landlord. If anyone has any advice on what to
do or if anyone can foster the cat or adopt it, please let me know!!!
It is a very sweet cat that needs some loving.

Old August 3rd 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
[email protected]

wrote:

There is a cat in my backyard that needs some rescuing. I don't
enough about cats to know its age but I would guess less than 6
months. It is severely malnourished. It is skin and bones and the
other stray cats are fighting with it. It is a very nice cat. It
took about 3 days before it would come close enough to be pet but now
it loves human contact and is waiting for me when I get home from
work. I think this cat is definitely adoptable but I just do not have
the financial means right now to surrender it to the SPCA or to
continue taking care of it myself. I have another cat and I am only
allowed one cat per my landlord. If anyone has any advice on what to
do or if anyone can foster the cat or adopt it, please let me know!!!
It is a very sweet cat that needs some loving.

I just came to this newsgroup to post about a stray cat in Sacramento,
too. Someone I know also had a cat crying outside her door. I don't know
whether she lives near you or if it's the same cat (that would be an
amazing coincidence!), but I would love to get some information about
cat rescue groups in that area as well.

She has had a cat meowing outside her house over the last 24 hours
(today is 8/3/07). She can't take the cat in herself, but she doesn't
want to bring it to a shelter where it would likely be euthanized,
especially since, in her opinion, the cat looked a bit "mangy" (her
term). She's not experienced with cats at all, so I can't tell from
her description whether the cat is actually sick, or just dirty and
thin from being an outdoor stray.

She is on email, so would you mind if I passed her your email address?
If you do happen to be talking about the same cat, maybe you could put
your heads together for a solution.

Thanks,
Joyce