New Kitty Update

Old February 9th 05, 01:27 AM
Lucy's Mom

Default New Kitty Update

Hi y'all....

Just a quick update on my sis and her new friend. Seems the kitty's
name isn't Linksey, but Jinxy. Anyhow, I called her this morning to
see how the first evening went and she sounded absolutely awful!!
Her first words were "She played on me and the bed ALL NIGHT!!!!!"
(Sound familiar? grin) I told her that sounded fairly normal and
reassured her that she and Jinxy would settle into a routine. Then
she said "Everytime I moved under the covers, she would POUNCE!!"
I helpfully replied "Oh...Bed Mousie....that's a great game!" at which
point I heard a groan....Then she said "All of a sudden, she curled up
and went to sleep and I couldn't get her to move over so I could lay
down." So, all in all, sounds like things are progressing in a fairly
normal fashion in my sister's training! (Don't you just love it!!!)

--Kim and Lucy
Old February 9th 05, 02:18 AM
Jo Firey

"Lucy's Mom" wrote in message
[...]

In the interest of sanity, tell your sis that you do not "get a cat to move
over". You must physically pick it up and put it down somewhere else and
then try to claim some part of the bed and go back to sleep as quickly as
possible. A cat that weighs eight pounds during the day, weighs at least
eighty if you try to push it with your foot at night.

Jo

Old February 9th 05, 02:23 AM
jmcquown

Lucy's Mom wrote:
[...]

ROFL! Sounds like it's progressing as it should!

Jill

Old February 9th 05, 07:57 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "Jo Firey"
wrote:

"Lucy's Mom" wrote in message
[...]

Tries to estimate the nightly weight of a 17 pound cat on top of one.
Old February 9th 05, 11:09 AM
kilikini

Lucy's Mom wrote:
[...]

ROFL, all is perfectly normal! She'll get used to it and then when her
kitty is no longer a kitty but a CAT and doesn't play like that anymore,
your sis will miss it.

kili

Old February 9th 05, 02:42 PM
Holly

Sounds as if Jinxey has gotten the Hoomines training started.
In no time at all it will be your typical kitty house hold.
So glad it is working out.
Holly

Old February 9th 05, 04:32 PM
Christina Websell

"Lucy's Mom" wrote in message
[...]

ROFL! You have to remember it all comes as a terrible shock to anyone who
is only used to d*gs. Like me 2 years ago..
Your sister might need some intensive input from you to believe this is what
cats are like.

Tweed

Old February 9th 05, 06:20 PM
SuzQ

A slave is born!

Old February 9th 05, 09:36 PM
polonca12000

Congrats to your sis,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snipSo, all in all, sounds like things are progressing in a fairly

Old February 15th 05, 10:57 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-09, Jo Firey penned:

In the interest of sanity, tell your sis that you do not "get a cat to move
over". You must physically pick it up and put it down somewhere else and
then try to claim some part of the bed and go back to sleep as quickly as
possible. A cat that weighs eight pounds during the day, weighs at least
eighty if you try to push it with your foot at night.

Oscar isn't like this. If I move at all, she'll get unsettled and hop off
the bed, leaving me feeling vaguely guilty for "shoving" her off the bed.
Like this morning, my back hurt but I didn't dare move because Oscar was all
settled in and I didn't want to disturb her.

The term p*ssywhipped takes on a whole new dimension when it involves an
actual cat!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Luck Kitty Rescue xxxxx Cats - misc 0 December 26th 04 09:02 PM
Bad Kitty Day Bobcat Cat anecdotes 3 October 24th 04 06:24 PM
Kitty Farmcat feels great! Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 84 August 20th 04 12:54 PM
Kitty FC update Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 30 August 12th 04 08:12 PM
Kitty FC update 2 (long) was Kitty Farmcat missing SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 2 August 11th 04 11:49 PM