On Topic For a Change!

Old February 3rd 10, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default On Topic For a Change!

I recently got the *perfect* little sofa for my sitting room - we found it
at the Good Will store for only $80!! It's the perfect style and perfect
color for the room (the color is a bit hard to see in these photos, but it
exactly matches my wall paint.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/couch/

The problem is my clowder love to use the bottom end as a scratching post
(I've done all the usual - clip claws every week, have at least two (if not
more) scratching posts in every room, used "Keep Away" - all to no avail!

If you look closely at the pictures you'll see where I put duct tape, sticky
side out over their favorite spot. So far it's working - a few have walked
up to it to sniff it, but nobody has yet rolled around on the floor clawing
at it as usual.

My question is, how long should I leave the duct tape on? I'm afraid that,
as soon as I take it off, they'll go right back to clawing it.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old February 3rd 10, 03:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default snipped

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
The Nice Mean Man wrote:
On Feb 2, 9:11 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
I recently got the *perfect* little sofa for my sitting room - we found
it
at the Good Will store for only $80!! It's the perfect style and
perfect
color for the room (the color is a bit hard to see in these photos, but
it
exactly matches my wall paint.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/couch/

sniped
Oh dear, you must be having a rough day today. Can you tell us about it?
Can you let out the grief and frustration you must be feeling in your
life? We can help you. Honest we can.

Pam S. who CARES

Pam and everyone else PLEASE remove snip the trolls stupidity if you
must respond PLEASE
I have no interest in reading the crap that comes out of bend over's
computer

Old February 3rd 10, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

get some no mark to spray on it when you do take it off, and for good
measure, get some zero odor first...

zero odor to get rid of any smells that might be attracting them, then when
that dries spray the no mark or your keep away, prepare yourself to be there
all evening, get into a position where you can water bottle any offender,
then if there are offenders put the tape back on before you leave the room.

Old February 4th 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

The Nice Mean Man wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry Matthew. I think the poor man needs all the attention, love,
compassion, and understanding we can give him. I'll snip his writing
from any future replies to him. He really needs our help.

Pam S.
Old February 4th 10, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Stormmee wrote:
get some no mark to spray on it when you do take it off, and for good
measure, get some zero odor first...

zero odor to get rid of any smells that might be attracting them, then when
that dries spray the no mark or your keep away, prepare yourself to be there
all evening, get into a position where you can water bottle any offender,
then if there are offenders put the tape back on before you leave the room.

Lee

Where can I find zero odor?

Pam S.
Old February 4th 10, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

The Nice Mean Man wrote:
[...]

No need to apologize ;-)

Pam IMO that is iben using a addy due to his profile being banned. He needs
no help except to be neutered and locked away in a mental hospital.
Those type of trolls don't need our attention, help or even to be
acknowledged. Kill file walk away best solution for all

Kill them with kindness sometimes is not a solution

Old February 4th 10, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

i get mine at bed bath and beyond, but i have to go sixty miles to STL as
the springfield one doesn't carry it, there is also an offical website to
order it, but when i need it i need it NOW so never have ordered on line,
its quite pricey but really kills the odors to the human nose and seems to
at least to some degree to the cat nose. also, tiger is allergic or
something to fabreeze so i can't use it, Lee

Old February 7th 10, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Stormmee wrote:
get some no mark to spray on it when you do take it off, and for good
measure, get some zero odor first...

zero odor to get rid of any smells that might be attracting them, then
when that dries spray the no mark or your keep away, prepare yourself to
be there all evening, get into a position where you can water bottle any
offender, then if there are offenders put the tape back on before you
leave the room.

Lee

Where can I find zero odor?

Pam S.

Pam,

I have never used it, but I have seen it listed on amazon.com.

MaryL

off topic Stormmmee Cat anecdotes 5 November 16th 09 11:56 PM
Way way off topic jofirey Cat anecdotes 4 November 8th 07 10:47 PM
Almost on topic Adrian A Cat anecdotes 6 May 4th 06 08:50 PM
Hopefully on topic Lots42 Cat anecdotes 9 May 12th 05 10:48 PM
It's on-topic because of #3 Duke of Url Cat anecdotes 1 December 28th 04 07:57 AM