Declawing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 20th 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Declawing

John Doe wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" evgmsop earthlink.net wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Cats use their claws for practically everything they do, not
just for self-defense. Cats use their claws for hunting,
playing, exercise, soft defense, and for getting from here to
there.

Have you ever actually OBSERVED a declawed cat in action?

I have not, and I never will except maybe by chance. But I have
this thing called COMMON SENSE

Really? Your posts certainly do not display much of it!

that trumps your claim to have a
declawed cat and your superficial observations.

Not "superficial" at all, since I have actually LIVED with a declawed
cat, and you admit you have not! (Are you REALLY as ignorant as you
make yourself appear to be?)

Watching Cendrillon, you'd not realize she has no front claws.

As more than a superficial observer, the difference would be
obvious to me.

I challenge you to prove it!

She still has TOES, after all -

The idea that a cat's toes are comparable to a cat's claws is just
silly.

However, if you knew as much as you think you do, you'd be aware that
the declawing process involves amputation of the first joint of the
cat's toes. (Ergo....)

they only amputate the first joint in the declawing process.
People might not be very happy to lose the first joints of their
fingers, either, but as amputees, they'd adjust - their hands
and the remains of the fingers (including the opposable thumb)
would still be there.

There is no comparison between a cat's claw and an individual
joint of a human finger.

Why not? Declawing a cat involves just that amputation?

Cats do not use their joints to hang on to anything,

(Rest of ignorant tirade snipped.)

I don't believe in docking dogs' tails, either, but even
tail-less they manage to "wag".

And what the **** does a dog's tail have to do with a cat's claws?

It's an integral part of the dog's anatomy, and equally necessary to
it's total well-being. (Idiot!)

Declawing John Doe Cat anecdotes 69 July 27th 10 02:42 AM
Declawing is better for some cats. Houston Humane Society is advertising front paw declawing!! William Graham Cat health & behaviour 39 March 15th 07 11:57 PM
Declawing JR Cat health & behaviour 6 June 14th 06 09:26 PM
Declawing A Cat Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 24 November 27th 05 05:13 AM
declawing Joe Cats - misc 342 August 22nd 03 02:23 PM