Funny Little Game

Old April 1st 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Funny Little Game

This afternoon I was lying on my side on the couch intending to take a brief
nap. Persia was next to me, facing me. I was giving her scritches - neck,
forehead, rubbing the bridge of her nose. When I stopped and laid my hand
against my chest she reached up and touched my forehead with her paw. I
giggled, then scritched her forehead again. Stopped. She reached up and
touched my nose. I giggled, then gently rubbed the bridge of her nose.
Stopped. She reached up and touched my neck. You getting the picture here?
This went on for almost 10 minutes! I wasn't going to get that nap! But I
didn't care, it was just too much fun

Jill

Old April 1st 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

This afternoon I was lying on my side on the couch intending to take a brief
nap. Persia was next to me, facing me. I was giving her scritches - neck,
forehead, rubbing the bridge of her nose. When I stopped and laid my hand
against my chest she reached up and touched my forehead with her paw. I
giggled, then scritched her forehead again. Stopped. She reached up and
touched my nose. I giggled, then gently rubbed the bridge of her nose.
Stopped. She reached up and touched my neck. You getting the picture here?
This went on for almost 10 minutes! I wasn't going to get that nap! But I
didn't care, it was just too much fun

Too cute!! She knows how to drop a hint, and you know how to take one.

Joyce
Old April 1st 06, 05:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote in message
This afternoon I was lying on my side on the couch intending to take a
brief
nap. Persia was next to me, facing me. I was giving her scritches -
neck,
forehead, rubbing the bridge of her nose. When I stopped and laid my hand
against my chest she reached up and touched my forehead with her paw. I
giggled, then scritched her forehead again. Stopped. She reached up and
touched my nose. I giggled, then gently rubbed the bridge of her nose.
Stopped. She reached up and touched my neck. You getting the picture
here?
This went on for almost 10 minutes! I wasn't going to get that nap! But
didn't care, it was just too much fun

Jill

I was petting Cali a few years ago and stopped prematurely. She reached out
and put her paw on my hand, letting me know the error of my ways. Some
mornings she gets me up (for food of course) by giving me scritches under
the chin. She must think that it it works for her, it must work for us.

But it sounds like she has nothing on Miss Persia.What a well trained Hoomin
you are.

Old April 1st 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

This afternoon I was lying on my side on the couch intending to take a brief
nap. Persia was next to me, facing me. I was giving her scritches - neck,
forehead, rubbing the bridge of her nose. When I stopped and laid my hand
against my chest she reached up and touched my forehead with her paw. I
giggled, then scritched her forehead again. Stopped. She reached up and
touched my nose. I giggled, then gently rubbed the bridge of her nose.
Stopped. She reached up and touched my neck. You getting the picture here?
This went on for almost 10 minutes! I wasn't going to get that nap! But I
didn't care, it was just too much fun

Jill

How adorable!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old April 2nd 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

polonca12000 wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

This afternoon I was lying on my side on the couch intending to take
a brief nap. Persia was next to me, facing me. I was giving her
scritches - neck, forehead, rubbing the bridge of her nose. When I
stopped and laid my hand against my chest she reached up and touched
my forehead with her paw. I giggled, then scritched her forehead
again. Stopped. She reached up and touched my nose. I giggled,
then gently rubbed the bridge of her nose. Stopped. She reached up
and touched my neck. You getting the picture here? This went on for
almost 10 minutes! I wasn't going to get that nap! But I didn't
care, it was just too much fun

Jill

How adorable!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Persia is one adorable cat! Smart, to boot! But when I really say "NO" she
listens and understands but sometimes decides she won't understand She
lays in wait for the next time to try convince me with her cute and evil
tricks!

Jill

Old April 2nd 06, 07:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

She sounds very clever Jill, Wilson isn't terribly social but
when he wants attention he knows how to get it, he'll stand
his front paws on my kneeand touch my hand with one , if
I dont respond immediately he gives me a little nip right on
the thin skin across the back of my hand. Jean

Old April 2nd 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jean Hobbs wrote:
She sounds very clever Jill, Wilson isn't terribly social but
when he wants attention he knows how to get it, he'll stand
his front paws on my kneeand touch my hand with one , if
I dont respond immediately he gives me a little nip right on
the thin skin across the back of my hand. Jean

Oh, she's very clever! When she first came to me in 2001 she opened all the
kitchen cabinets and soon discovered where the cat food was. Back then I
was able to feed her Fancy Feast (before her bladder-stone surgery) on
Saturday. This was a Sunday - she opened the door and scooted a can of
Fancy Feast off a shelf, which was 3 feet off the floor; I might add, she
had to maneuver around the kitchen trash can.. She pawed the can down and
scooted it to the middle of kitchen then just sat there, patiently, waiting
for me to walk into the kitchen.

If you think you've ever laughed so hard, think again! It's one of the
reason's I didn't give up since I'd never had a cat before. She tricked me!

Jill