Is he a cat or a chicken?!?

Old May 21st 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Is he a cat or a chicken?!?

Vino is starting up a new morning routine. After having his breakfast,
he wants to be let out into the back yard.
This morning I let him out and was kind of watching him while I was on
the computer. He was just strolling around, doing his very important
cat business. All of I sudden I saw him freak out and assume the
"creepin' Jesus" position. He came to the door and frantically clawed
to be let in. I opened the door right away and he raced in. What could
have freaked him out so much, I wondered. Then I heard voices coming
from the neighbours yard. The fence is too high to see anyone, but you
can hear the voices. Ooooooh, those bad scary voices! LOL!
My blonde chicken...errrr cat...is now sitting beside me near the
computer and staring suspiciously out the window at the yard. Hopefully
those strange disembodied voices stop soon so he can go back out!
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old May 21st 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"badwilson" wrote in message
Vino is starting up a new morning routine. After having his breakfast, he
wants to be let out into the back yard.
This morning I let him out and was kind of watching him while I was on the
computer. He was just strolling around, doing his very important cat
business. All of I sudden I saw him freak out and assume the "creepin'
Jesus" position. He came to the door and frantically clawed to be let in.
I opened the door right away and he raced in. What could have freaked him
out so much, I wondered. Then I heard voices coming from the neighbours
yard. The fence is too high to see anyone, but you can hear the voices.
Ooooooh, those bad scary voices! LOL!
My blonde chicken...errrr cat...is now sitting beside me near the computer
and staring suspiciously out the window at the yard. Hopefully those
strange disembodied voices stop soon so he can go back out!

I wonder whether it is just the voices or hearing voices without seeing the
source of the voices that bother him.
When Rusty heard voices outside the door, he would stare at the door and/or
sit
by door as if he was eavesdropping. Rusty is a jumpy cat and is easily
startled
When you were in Thailand, did Vino hear voices from you neighbours?
How did he react then?

Winnie

Old May 21st 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"badwilson" wrote .
[...]

I saw the pics of your new dwelling and it looks so nice, I like the tree in
there, does Vino?
He looks so happy in his pics, no doubt glad to be out of that quarantine
place
he had to stay in. Long live Vino!

Old May 21st 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
Vino is starting up a new morning routine. After having his breakfast,
he wants to be let out into the back yard.
This morning I let him out and was kind of watching him while I was on
the computer. He was just strolling around, doing his very important
cat business. All of I sudden I saw him freak out and assume the
"creepin' Jesus" position. He came to the door and frantically clawed
to be let in. I opened the door right away and he raced in. What could
have freaked him out so much, I wondered. Then I heard voices coming
from the neighbours yard. The fence is too high to see anyone, but you
can hear the voices. Ooooooh, those bad scary voices! LOL!
My blonde chicken...errrr cat...is now sitting beside me near the
computer and staring suspiciously out the window at the yard. Hopefully
those strange disembodied voices stop soon so he can go back out!

Aww, poor Vino! But LOL!

Old May 21st 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

W. Leong wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

Oh it's got to be because he can't see the people the voices are coming
from. He's fine with people he sees. He's not the type of cat to run
and hide when people come over. I bet he's just freaked out because the
people were right on the other side of the fence and it sounded like
they were *right there* but he just couldn't see them.

Old May 21st 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

dnr wrote:
"badwilson" wrote .
[...]

Thanks! He totally ignores the tree trunk. Weird cat. I've even
attatched a flat sisal rope scratching pad to the bottom part of the
tree trunk and he has yet to even look at it.
Yesterday we went out and collected materials for making him a new cat
condo. We didn't bring any of his old ones from Thailand. Hope he
takes to them better.

Old May 21st 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"badwilson" wrote in message
Vino is starting up a new morning routine. After having his breakfast, he
wants to be let out into the back yard.
This morning I let him out and was kind of watching him while I was on the
computer. He was just strolling around, doing his very important cat
business. All of I sudden I saw him freak out and assume the "creepin'
Jesus" position. He came to the door and frantically clawed to be let in.
I opened the door right away and he raced in. What could have freaked him
out so much, I wondered. Then I heard voices coming from the neighbours
yard. The fence is too high to see anyone, but you can hear the voices.
Ooooooh, those bad scary voices! LOL!
My blonde chicken...errrr cat...is now sitting beside me near the computer
and staring suspiciously out the window at the yard. Hopefully those
strange disembodied voices stop soon so he can go back out!

LOL! Reminds me of a scene from "Over The Hedge" where the animals first
see the hedge (and name it "Steve") - they hear voices from the backyard on
the other side and they assume "Steve" is talking to them. BTW, that was
the most hilarious movie I've seen since "Life of Brian".

--

Hugs,

CatNipped