Declawing is better for some cats. Houston Humane Society is advertising front paw declawing!!

Old March 12th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
William Graham

Default Declawing is better for some cats. Houston Humane Society is advertising front paw declawing!!

It seems that the Brits are having the same couch potato problems that we
are here in the US:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...98&expand=true

Old March 12th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
bookie

On 12 Mar, 05:34, "William Graham" wrote:
It seems that the Brits are having the same couch potato problems that we
are here in the US:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...ietfitness.htm...

ha ha! i haven't read the article but the fact it is taken from the
daily mail says it all! pretty much everything printed in the daily
mail is well known to be absolute crap, find something from the
guardian or the Times and i may well read but i would not put my eyes
through the pain of reading anything from the daily mail, that paper
is not even good enough of lining my cats litter tray with, I would
rather read the Sun in prefernce to the daily Mail

Old March 12th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
James

On Mar 12, 10:52 am, "bookie" wrote:
On 12 Mar, 05:34, "William Graham" wrote:

It seems that the Brits are having the same couch potato problems that we
are here in the US:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...ietfitness.htm...

ha ha! i haven't read the article but the fact it is taken from the
daily mail says it all! pretty much everything printed in the daily
mail is well known to be absolute crap, find something from the
guardian or the Times and i may well read but i would not put my eyes
through the pain of reading anything from the daily mail, that paper
is not even good enough of lining my cats litter tray with, I would
rather read the Sun in prefernce to the daily Mail

My impression on fat is it depends on what part of the US you visit.
Some places everyone seems to be blubberbutts while other places
people are pretty normal. For a long time I thought cartoons of fat
people were just cartoons. Then I saw people that actually shaped
like cartoon fat people.

Old March 12th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
bookie

On 12 Mar, 16:38, "James" wrote:
[...]

so which is the fattest part of the states? here it is staffordshire
and the north in general which harbours all the fatties, probably the
north west most of all,

Old March 12th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Alison[_2_]

"bookie" wrote in message
oups.com...

so which is the fattest part of the states? here it is staffordshire
and the north in general which harbours all the fatties, probably the
north west most of all,

Where is here and where do you get your facts from?
Alison

Old March 12th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
bookie

On 12 Mar, 18:26, "Alison" wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message

oups.com...

so which is the fattest part of the states? here it is staffordshire
and the north in general which harbours all the fatties, probably the
north west most of all,

Where is here and where do you get your facts from?
Alison

there was actually a survey done by the nhs and they found that the
areas with the unhealthiest lifestyles and highest rates of heart
disease and high cholesterol were inthe north and north west,
unsurprisingly, if i find the link i will post it.
and no i am not in london.

havign lived in staffordshire (near stoke on trent in fact) for a
while I was not surprised by the findings myself.

why? where are you from?

Old March 12th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
cybercat

"Alison" wrote in message

"bookie" wrote in message
oups.com...

so which is the fattest part of the states? here it is staffordshire
and the north in general which harbours all the fatties, probably the
north west most of all,

Where is here and where do you get your facts from?
Alison

She is in London, and is obviously generalizing. Back for what, two days,
and already being a pill?

Old March 12th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Charlie Wilkes

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:52:47 -0700, bookie wrote:

On 12 Mar, 05:34, "William Graham" wrote:
It seems that the Brits are having the same couch potato problems that
we are here in the US:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/

dietfitness.htm...

ha ha! i haven't read the article but the fact it is taken from the
daily mail says it all! pretty much everything printed in the daily mail
is well known to be absolute crap, find something from the guardian or
the Times and i may well read but i would not put my eyes through the
pain of reading anything from the daily mail, that paper is not even
good enough of lining my cats litter tray with, I would rather read the
Sun in prefernce to the daily Mail

Ok, then, here's something from the Guardian, complete with a lovely pin-
up shot:
http://society.guardian.co.uk/childr...021463,00.html

Charlie
Old March 12th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Charlie Wilkes

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:39:27 -0700, bookie wrote:

On 12 Mar, 16:38, "James" wrote:
[...]

In the U.S. the trend is more socio-economic than regional... the
preponderance of fatsos are the poor and working class. If you want to
scope the tubbies, go to WalMart, McDonalds, or any place where food is
cheap and calorific.

I would also say that rural/suburban people tend to be fatter than urban
residents.

Charlie
Old March 12th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
Barry

http://tinyurl.com/2sbln3