Adbenture at the Castle

Old December 29th 11, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Default Adbenture at the Castle

O T rubs his head. Oh deer, I duzent member. Guezz we will hafta go bak
down dere and cee what iz in dat rum. Oh, I wishez Harri wuz here, She wud
member furr me.

They board tha wagon and return to the Castle. Slowly they go back down the
steps and long hall way, they again pass the armor in the shape of cats.

"Community Kitties" wrote in message

I come bfore u and ask ur padon for what I did to you family. Iz dat
cat stickink itz head out of ur apron kin to dat cat?

Angus: Yes, I iz! Dat offur kitty was mine great-great- well, lotza
greats - grandfather cat. Rudy, dat was long time ago. It might not haf
been da right fing to do back den, but you has had more den long enuf to
fink about it.

As da repurrsentative of dat long-ago cat, I offer yourownself pardon fur
your past deeds. I just ask dat you ride wif me an mine hoomin to da clan
graveyard, and offer your apologies to da grave of mine ancestor cat.

[Rudy nods his head in acknowledgement. Knowing that dark had fallen, all
of the cats (including Rudy the ghost cat) and the human make their way
up the stairs. They leave the castle and find a couple of horses waiting
for them, one pulling a wagon. All board the wagon and set out for the
Mackey family graveyard.

Once they arrive, all of the cats jump down from the wagon and very clowly
and cautiously enter the graveyard. Angus leads the assemblage to the
grace of the Angus of centuries ago. Rudy falls to his ghostly knees and
repeats his story, asking the spirit of the long-dead Angus to forgive
him. As the living cats watch, what appears at first to be a patch of fog
swirls above the grace then coalesces into the form of a cat. This other-
worldy cat wears a kilt and heavy boots. It speaks to Rudy:]

Rudy, my old friend - I knew from the start what had happened. While I
resented that you did nae speak in my defense, I also understood why you
dinna. You could not haf known the harm that would befall me. And the
centuries you haf spent alone with your guilt and grief are more than
adequate penance for your silence. As my living descendant did, I forgive
you. Please, come join me on the sunny side of the Rainbow Bridge. I have
long been awaiting this day, and haf prepared a nice, comfy place for you.

Rudy: Thank you, my oldest friend! And you living cats, thank you! You,
young orange cat (turning to face OT) - look at the seventh stone in the
seventh room! That is where you will find what you seek.

[The ghostly form of Angus places a paw on the shoulder of the ghostly
Rudy. Rudy's form changes from an indistinct blue glow to an equally
indistinct white glow. Angus' and Rudy's forms hold paws as they walk
away, then finally fade into nothing.]

Ranger (trying really hard not to cry): Well, dat went gudgud! OT, what
did him mean by dat seventh stone stuffz?

Old December 29th 11, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 11:46:01 -0600, Gramby wrote:

O T rubs his head. Oh deer, I duzent member. Guezz we will hafta go
bak down dere and cee what iz in dat rum. Oh, I wishez Harri wuz here,
She wud member furr me.

They board tha wagon and return to the Castle. Slowly they go back down
the steps and long hall way, they again pass the armor in the shape of
cats.

[Once the cats get back to the castle and head back down the stairs they
find that most of the eerie blue light is gone. There is just one of the
antique oil lamps still giving off the faint blue glow. Sammy takes a
flashlight from Ranger's backpack and turns it on, and in the brighter
light they see that numbers are scratched deeply into the faces of the
heavy wooden doors. The door before them is numbered "12". Turning
towards the remaining blue glow, they see the numbers on the doors are
decreasing. As they pass the glowing lamp, they see that the next door is
numbered "7". This door stands open.

As they enter the room they see that the floor is hewn from the bedrock.
Ranger starts counting with the first stone in the side wall, and when he
gets to 7 he has reached the rear wall. The seventh stone in the wall is
a large one, forming part of the back wall itself.]

Ranger: Well, dis is da seventh stone in da seventh room. What now?
Old December 29th 11, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

Ranger: Well, dis is da seventh stone in da seventh room. What now?

[All of the assembled cats look carefully at the stone but don't see
anything unusual. Harri and Pipps push to the front and look and sniff,
but they don't see anything out of the ordinary either.

Ranger pushes against the stone with his nose but nothing happens. He
bonks it with his head, but still nothing happens. He lies down and bunny
kicks it, no results. OT, Sammy, Sundance, and Ranger all push as hard as
they with their paws, and can almost feel some motion. Harri comes up to
the stone and leans against it, and the stone begins to slide. Slowly at
first, with a grinding noise, then finally it pops free leaving an
opening big enough for cats to walk through easily.

Sammy again goes first with Ranger's flashlight. As they pass through the
hole in the wall they find that they are in a very large room filled with
vats and barrels. A trough runs along the wall about 4 feet high. The
trough is filled with something dark and sticky. Harri jumps and sniffs,
then meows "Interesting, pitch and tar". She rummages through Ranger's
pack and finds a strip of magnesium and a lighter. Sticking the magnesium
strip against the pitch, she lights it and the the pitch slowly catches
fire. The fire slowly spreads along the trough until the entire room is
faintly illuminated by the flickering flames of the pitch.

Some of the casks are labeled, in a very old script, "Catnipp". Others
are labelled "Nipp Whiskee", some "Uisge Beatha". MacGyver knocks the lid
loose from one of the "Catnipp" drums then rolls in the nip that spills
out. Harri also rolls in it, meowing "This is da bestest nip I've ever
seen!".

Sammy hops from barrel to barrel and finally determines that 10 of the
barrels, the ones that appear to be oldest, are all labelled "Uisge
Beatha". He meows to himself "Water of Life - whiskey". Under the text he
can barely make out "1592" burned into the wood. He enlists Ranger's
help, and working together they manage to pry out the wooden bung from
the top, locate a hand-crafted wooden tap, and pound it into place. They
then find a cross-tree, push it next to the barrel, and tip the barrel
over. Pulling a wooden bowl over, they open the tap and fill the bowl.
They sniff, then take a cautious taste, then drink happily. A thoroughly
nipped MacGyver comes over and takes a taste, then sits down abruptly.

"Oh mine goodness! Ye all haf found The Laird's Stash! This stuff is
centuries old, and is the stuff of legend! Humans and cats haf been
looking for this forever, but it has recently been written off as a
legend. This nip whiskey is said to be the finest ever distilled. And
being hundreds of years old will probably be the smoothest that has ever
existed."
Old December 29th 11, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 19:07:37 +0000, Community Kitties wrote:

"Oh mine goodness! Ye all haf found The Laird's Stash! This stuff is
centuries old, and is the stuff of legend! Humans and cats haf been
looking for this forever, but it has recently been written off as a
legend. This nip whiskey is said to be the finest ever distilled. And
being hundreds of years old will probably be the smoothest that has ever
existed."

Sammy: Mister MacGyver, sir, since all dis stuffz is in da basement of
yourz castle, I guess it all belongs to yourownself. But hows about a
finders fee fur usses - like mebbe a couple barrels uv da nip whiskey and
couple barrels of da nip?

MacGyber: I will haf to clear that wif Miz Bonniefur, but I canna imagine
her having a problem wif it. Dis find will put da Castle back on the
kitty tour maps! Fangu all for discovering all of yon stuff. OT, sir, I
believe the credit must be yours since you organized the expedition in
the first place.

Come, lets go upstairs and tell the others and relax a bit.

[With that the cats wander around a bit more, looking and sniffing and
fixing the sights in their minds. This comes to an end when the sound of
chains and clanging metal can be heard in the next room. O T, Harri,
Sundance, Chester all try to get through the door at the same time. The
sound of claws on the rock floor can be hard as they bound up the steps.

One adbenture in diz kazzle iz enuf furr me, O T can be heard to pant as
they run. They slow down just before they reach the cat shaped armor.
As they are right in front of these warrior cats of long ago, two red
lights are seen shining out of it’s eyes. They all stop and stare then
begin to run again.

After they disappear up the steps, The helmet of the cat slowly lifts
and Lizzy and Sukie jump out, high 5 each other and laugh. Big braff man
cats, hmmm. At that same moment loud rumbly purrs can be heard coming
from the suit of armor next to them. A clanging noise is then heard and
suddenly Lizzy and Sukie find their paws and run screaming up the steps.

Piglett and Wascal slowly emerge from the armor. They high 5 each
other. Piglett smiles at Wascal. That will keep them from barressing
our man cats. They join paws and walk slowly up the steps.

Old December 30th 11, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_11_]

O T sort of smiles, now dere iz 2 verzions of da same story but da point
iz da same.

'Zactly!

Ranger

Ranger, weh wyl hulp da bez weh kan..

Pipps ---holding Ranger's paw titely,
Old December 30th 11, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_11_]

Ranger: Well, dis is da seventh stone in da seventh room. What now?

I don't knpw says Pipps, clutching Ranger's paw tightly.

[...]

Oh Ranger, this is so good, and a beautiful sight.
Thank you for being with me through out all of this, but I think there is
more
to come, so PLEASE stay with me, my hero the Mighty Ranger McDude and hold
my paw when I need you to.
All of us working together can solve this thing.
I really like you a LOT, you know.

Pipps .

Old December 30th 11, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ranger McDude

Let's da two ub us help da party cats to party better. I'll bet dat da
two ub us togeffer can get one ub dose barrels of nip-whiskey up here.

[Ranger and Pipps disappear, then a few minutes later appear pushing a
hand-cart loaded down with a barrel of very old nip-whiskey. They set it
up next to the buffet table, then Ranger draws each of them a glass as
they retire to a comfy cushion to rest up.]
Old December 31st 11, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_11_]

"Ranger McDude"

Let's da two ub us help da party cats to party better. I'll bet dat da
two ub us togeffer can get one ub dose barrels of nip-whiskey up here.

[Ranger and Pipps disappear, then a few minutes later appear pushing a
hand-cart loaded down with a barrel of very old nip-whiskey. They set it
up next to the buffet table, then Ranger draws each of them a glass as
they retire to a comfy cushion to rest up.]

Ah, diz iz sew nise Ranger, fank yu vury mutch,
Dat nip-whiskey is vury tasty, mmmm uh huh
Yu r nise tu cudle wiff

Pipps..fawling uhsleep fur uh short tyme.