For Adopted Cats-Ever Wonder What Their Life Was Like Before You Adopted Them?

Old May 29th 04, 04:21 AM

On Fri, 28 May 2004 21:53:07 -0500, "jmcquown"

On Fri, 28 May 2004 20:17:13 -0500, "jmcquown"

On Fri, 28 May 2004 12:46:16 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

CajunPrincess wrote:
Periodically I wonder what his life was like with whoever had him
Oh fer cryin out loud. Considering 'waste' is a real word, spell
checker wouldn't have caught it.

You have to pick on one typo when I have a lovely cat who sleeps
curled up against my waist??? At least I *have* a waist. And a
lovely cat.

Jill

I have one too, waist that is,..I won't tell who it belongs to.

(laughing) Okay - I know mine belongs to me! And, like Scarlett O'Hara, at
one point it was 20 inches. Still is when I dress up for Civil War
re-enactments (with a corset, that is).

I agree it was not a typo, just a wrong word..., Should I go on about
the use of computers, spell checkers and the written word.

My dear Hilden - I am a published author and so sometimes, yes, we slip up
when writing things. That's what editors are for. So thank you. As for
computers, I've been doing software tech support for about 15 years.

Been in "the biz" since 1976. ( computers that is)
and I have seen the degradation myself. Too much reliance on "silicon
matter" instead of " gray matter" In My Opinion

I have seen pictures of Persia and she is a lovely cat.

Thank you. I agree she's a total sweet cat and I'm glad she chose me to
come live with.

I happen to have three handsome young "boys" of my own, one of which
has an appointment with the vet tomorrow because he is not feeling up
to par.

- Hilden

Awwwww - best wishes and purrs for your boy and the trip to the vet.

Jill

Old May 29th 04, 04:56 AM
MaryL

"Sherry " wrote in message

I"m still really puzzled about Biskit. She is just so lovey-dovey she

*had* to
be well socialized even as a kitten. Someone handled that cat a lot. She

runs
up to me and FLOPS down, hard, to be rubbed. She's always in your lap. The

only
thing she is afraid of is the outdoors. I can't help wondering if she got

lost
somehow from the original owners. She has an old injury on her side that

the
vet says looks just like a BB gun wound to him. It really makes me wonder.

I"ve
had lots of strays, but never one that settled in and became so devoted to
their owners so fast as her.

Sherry

Biskit sounds wonderful. It is so fortunate for both of you that she came
into your life.

MaryL

Old May 29th 04, 05:16 AM
Marina

"Yowie" wrote

For the record, the petshop Fluffy came from got closed down. I don't know
the reasons, but I can guess...

Poor Fluffy. Frank cowers and hides when he sees a rolled-up newspaper. I
can only guess what happened to him. He came to me at age 5 months, after
being in two different families before that.

I don't know this, but I think there must be a law in Finland prohibiting
selling cats and dogs in pet shops, because I've never seen a cat or dog for
sale. There might be posters on the wall telling about cat and dogs for
sale, but the actual animals are never in the shop. The largest animals you
see there are rabbits and birds.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old May 29th 04, 12:18 PM
polonca12000

So wonderful Shmogg and Fluffy found a great home with you.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Yowie" wrote in message
Shmogg was obviously a street-cat. Not quite feral (ie, wild and

untamable),
but certainly street smart. I don't think he had a *bad* life out there,

as
he wasn't skinny and we've never had any food issues with him. The only
"signs" that he was a street cat is that he's not all that affectionate

and
isn't a lap cat, that tends to bite & scratch if he's not getting his own
way. And of course his b*st*rd c*t skills.

Fluffy, though, makes me wonder. She was purchased from a pet shop the day
she was due to be put down because no-one bought her. snip