Multiple cats, female loses appetite...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 18th 14, 07:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Multiple cats, female loses appetite...

Might have found an interesting solution to my new calico female cat
losing her appetite. She and my male were playing well for a while,
but he has been getting rough. I haven't been spending much time with
them recently, that might be one problem. The calico takes a few
bites and then walks away from the food. Really frustrating. One of
her kittens was the same way. A cat I had for a very long time lost
her appetite. Also possibly do to the presence of a male cat. To
solve this calico's problem... I feed them three or four times per
day. At that time, for a few minutes, I lie down next to her food
where she eats. Really obvious, seeing her lookup and around
periodically. She is afraid she's going to get mugged for food, or
something. And it's working, nearly 100%. She's eating much more.
Still need a day or so to be confident in the results, but it follows
the appearance of the thing being worried. I suppose it could happen
with a male cat too, if there was a big enough tomcat threatening it.