Cats That Have Known Me

Old September 9th 12, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Whitfield

Default Cats That Have Known Me

When I lived in Phoenix I had a cat named TR. TR stood for trouble.
TR was an orange and white and weighed in at 28 pounds. He was the
meanest SOB I have ever encountered when it came to other cats and
dogs. He really had the Vet fooled though as he called TR a "Gentle
Giant". HA!
A neighbor complained that Rocky (cat) had to have 27 stitches because
of TR, another that Blackie (cat) had half an ear removed by TR. Our
doggie neighbor complained that TR had nearly castrated one of her
poodles and tore open the throat of the other poodle. Another
neighbors Doberman lost an eye to T.R. and a German Shepherd lost part
of his nose. The only problem with their complaints were that all
happened on TR's home turf. He never turned up with as much as a
scratch on his nose.
One neighbor even talked to a JP to see if she could get an order of
protection against TR. The JP, a friend of mine, told her she was
violating the law by letting her poodles run loose and that I could
probably get a restraining order against her. No more loose poodles!
TR was mostly a stay-at-home and as viciously territorial as they
come. When he decided to stroll through HIS neighborhood, every dog
and cat in the area would cower behind something and peep out at TR.
He would catch birds without harming them and bring them to us. He
even caught hummingbirds without harm. I still can't figure that out.
TR loved kids. My granddaughter and a neighbor's daughters would dress
TR in old baby clothes, place him in a doll buggy, and ride him around
the neighborhood.
He went to that great litter-box in the sky at the age of 22, still
maintaining domination over his realm.
Old September 9th 12, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"David Whitfield" wrote in message
[...]

This post brought back memories of Tawny, who was the same color as TR, but
weighed about 20 pounds less. I never heard any reports of him doing any
actual damage to another animal. However, all the dogs and cats in the
neighborhood were afraid of him. Once a dog that was new to the
neighborhood chased him behind a bush. When they came out the other side,
Tawny was doing the chasing.

He was getting up in years when we moved to a city about 50 miles away.
Apparently he decided he didn't have to uphold his reputation any more,
because he mostly minded his own business in the new place. Only once at
our new home did I see him take out after another animal. We had a new
kitten (new to our family; he was five or six months old), whom Tawny
detested and hissed at whenever they were near each other. One day Tawny,
the kitten, and I were all out in the front yard. A neighbor cat decided to
go after the kitten. Immediately, Tawny jumped the neighbor cat, and they
rolled around for a while before the neighbor cat broke loose. It ran away
and Tawny went after it and jumped it again. This was repeated down the
block until the street curved and I couldn't see them any more. He may not
have liked the kitten, but it was part of his pack and he wasn't going to
let anyone else pick on it.

Joy

Old September 9th 12, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Reminds me of KFC fighting off The Enemy on Boyfie's behalf. She would bash
him upside the head regularly but no-one else was allowed to. She loved him
really ;-)
I've never seen such a small cat (4lbs) terrify a cat three times her size
before. She purely lost her temper with The Enemy continually bullying
Boyfie. He poked his head into the house to do it again for the very last
time. She was up and at him, on his back, into the garden, rolling about.
He was screaming and never came here again. Good job, Kitty!
He'd been told before when she chased him up the kitchen wall once but he
tried his luck again. Bad idea.
"I tell you only once" ;-)
Boyfie is not a fighter but he now has a burning hatred for black cats and
he once jumped on a perfectly innocent black girl who was passing through
his garden. I was there at the time and I told him off. He said "I thought
it was him"
Marley, The Enemy, has moved away fortunately.

Old September 10th 12, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Joy
wrote:
[...]

This reminds me of and incident in our street. In the house opposite ours
there were three cats and one day a lady was walking her two dogs, when
one of them decided to have a pee in the bushes which were near the
pavement but in the front garden of the house opposite. What the dog
didn't know was that one of the cats was asleep in the those bushes. The
cat leapt up startling the dog, who went for the cat and got in his mouth.
At this point another of the cats jumped on the dog, the second dog joined
in, presumably to defend the first dog, Then the third cat jumped on that
dog and it was a right to-do. Some of ours neighbours were out on the
drive and rushed to help the poor lady. The result was that their son got
his hand bitten by a cat, the father got a bite from a dog, the lady got a
cat bite and another neighbour got a cat bite. The first cat was in a bad
way and yet another neighbour took her to the local vet, which we all use.
All the injured humans ended up in A&E to have jabs and their wounds seen
to and one dog went to the same vets to have it's the wounds on it's face
sorted. The seriously injured cat did survive although it was touch and
go. My part was to wait for the cat's owner to come home to tell him what
had happened. The lady who owned the dogs came down the next day with
chocolates for all the injured humans and paid the vet's bill. She still
walks her dogs here but they have muzzles on now. It certainly was a
moment in which it was good to have good neighbours and the dog lady is
now considered one of us.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

It's good to hear that everyone cooperated so. An incident like that could
cause a lot of hard feelings if people weren't on the same page. It sounds
to me as though everyone involved really cares about animals.

Joy

Old September 11th 12, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:
[...]

Wow, what a mess. Yes, it's good everyone is ok and talking to each
other. I think I'd be unhappy if a dog started peeing on me.