Icarus Recovering

Old March 29th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mc

Default Icarus Recovering

On Mar 28, 10:43 pm, -mhd wrote:
"Cat Protector" wrote:
I'm already on a payment plan with the vet but he's never done a PU which is
why a surgeon would be brought in. I just don't know if the surgeon would be
willing to do a payment plan.

If the surgeon is "brought in" then the billing may still be through
your vet and your vet will pay the surgeon.

-mhd

You can at least try. That is the least you can do.

If the surgeon in question is not willing you can always call around
and find someone who is. Your own veterinarian, understanding the
situation as it is, would very likely give you a good reference...
believe me, these folks know one another... It is worth a try anyway,
but the choice is ultimately yours.

I know there are also ways to apply for credit... if you have OK
credit, then you may be able to apply for a line of credit if that is
what you choose to do. Most vets will offer this service as well.

The choice is yours... and only you have those answers.

Thanks,
Melissa
Old March 29th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

I know. I talked to the vet today and Icarus is in fair condition which is a
bit better than yesterday. I'm going to visit him in a bit and see if my
being there will help him recover. Thanks to everyone who cared so much to
send their thoughts and prayers. It means a lot.

Old March 30th 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

I got visit Icarus today and he was pretty much in fair condition. He was
happy to see me but still a bit out of it. The vet said there was a moment
yesterday when he though Icarus was going to check out which provided a bit
of a scare. Today Icarus was given food via a syringe and once again had to
have his bladder emptied. Dr. Pruitt also inserted a syringe in the catheter
to pull out the urine. The tube was dripping. Icarus was also given the
medication I had to pick up yesterday for bladder spasms. The pathologist
told my vet that Icarus will have to be on canned SD from now on and nothing
else and that some intensive fluid therapy is in order. Basically, keep
clearing the catheter and then break up the crystals with a thorough flush
of saline. I'll be going back to the vet tomorrow morning and being with
Icarus because the vet feels that my being there might help his recovery.

Old March 30th 08, 01:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh>\o\

On Mar 30, 5:27*am, "Cat Protector" wrote:
[...]

Continued Warm Regards & Best wishes for both you & Icarus.
A sritch & tickle behind the left ear should do the trick )
Sheelagh "o"
PS: Thank you for keeping us updated
Old March 30th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Thanks Sheelagh. I will be visiting him again today. It's been a week now
and he's still there.

Old March 30th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

CP, I'm sorry that Icarus is still having problems. Continued good thoughts
and healing purrs are coming his way.

S.
---

Old March 31st 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

If the surgeon in question is not willing you can always call around
and find someone who is. Your own veterinarian, understanding the
situation as it is, would very likely give you a good reference...
believe me, these folks know one another... It is worth a try anyway,
but the choice is ultimately yours.

I know there are also ways to apply for credit... if *you have OK
credit, then you may be able to apply for a line of credit if that is
what you choose to do. Most vets will offer this service as well.

When my Tucker had pancreatitis and was in and out of the emergency
hospital, the bills were approaching several thousand dollars. I
decided to take on a temporary second job for extra income. This could
be an option for you, as well as selling on eBay, craigslist, or
another online place. Since then, I have established a pets-only
savings account. Money is deposited each week into the account via
direct deposit. I know it could be quickly wiped out in an emergency,
but it's at least a small cushion for the future. Just some options to
think about for now and down the road.
Old March 31st 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

I thought of that but I've tried to do that in the past but because I'm self
employed and work in the computer field, I think some of these $10 an hour
employers are probably afraid of me leaving them. I seem to get no response
when I apply for part-time jobs. I may not need the surgery at this point
because Icarus seems to be improving.

Old March 31st 08, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

I just saw Icarus last night and he's in better shape today than he was
yesterday. He saw and heard me and gave a meow and was purring and crawling
on me when his cage door was opened. This all lasted until we had to put him
up on the table and the vet did his thing. Icarus was given his meds, and
Dr. Pruitt checked his bladder, fed him via a syringe, and of course pilled
him. Icarus took it a lot better this time. The catheter is also dripping on
its own and Icarus has received plenty of IV fluids. The vet said he should
be overhydrated. After all the work was done the cone was put back on his
head and the vet put some water and a litterbox in the cage and then put
Icarus in there. Icarus isn't a happy camper but looks to be much improved
than he was over previous two days.