Tiger is very considerate!

Old November 20th 04, 08:36 PM
---MIKE---

Default Tiger is very considerate!

Many cats, when they want to get on your lap will jump or leap on it.
Tiger knows he is big and heavy (25 pounds at his last vet visit). When
he wants to get on my lap (which is often) he slowly gets on the arm of
the sofa and very carefully eases himself into position. I am very
thankful for this!

---MIKE---

Old November 20th 04, 09:21 PM
Mary

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Many cats, when they want to get on your lap will jump or leap on it.
Tiger knows he is big and heavy (25 pounds at his last vet visit). When
he wants to get on my lap (which is often) he slowly gets on the arm of
the sofa and very carefully eases himself into position. I am very
thankful for this!

Aww, that's cute. I bet Tiger also has a hard time jumping up very high
at all, if he is like my big cat.

Old November 20th 04, 10:25 PM
---MIKE---

Believe it or not, Tiger can jump into the air when trying to get "Da
Bird". He also can climb right up the 46 inch high scratching post and
get on the platform at the top. He just "looks" fat because his hair is
so long. He is very strong.

---MIKE---

Old November 21st 04, 12:11 AM
Mary

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Believe it or not, Tiger can jump into the air when trying to get "Da
Bird". He also can climb right up the 46 inch high scratching post and
get on the platform at the top. He just "looks" fat because his hair is
so long. He is very strong.

Ah, I see, then it really is just pure consideration. What a special boy.

Old November 21st 04, 08:55 PM
---MIKE---

I got him from a shelter so I don't know his lineage but I suspect he is
a Maine Coon.

---MIKE---

Old December 6th 04, 10:53 AM

Thank god someone else has a large cat! I've been worrying about my cat
Krispie, currently about 23lbs, and the size he is compared to other
cats. thankfully he is not a lap person! he likes to have his own space
but loves attention as well. He is quite big boned and strong, an
outdoors cat but sleeps most of the day when indoors! He's very cuddly
and is quite clean, quite a job to give himself a bath with the amount
of surface area he has to cover! He's a very happy, healthy cat, 9
years old with no injuries or illnesses yet, long may it continue!

Old December 6th 04, 05:16 PM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank god someone else has a large cat! I've been worrying about my cat
Krispie, currently about 23lbs, and the size he is compared to other
cats. thankfully he is not a lap person! he likes to have his own space
but loves attention as well. He is quite big boned and strong, an
outdoors cat but sleeps most of the day when indoors! He's very cuddly
and is quite clean, quite a job to give himself a bath with the amount
of surface area he has to cover! He's a very happy, healthy cat, 9
years old with no injuries or illnesses yet, long may it continue!

Krispie sounds very sweet. Is he a tiger cat?

Old December 8th 04, 05:04 AM
jamie

---MIKE--- wrote:
Many cats, when they want to get on your lap will jump or leap on it.
Tiger knows he is big and heavy (25 pounds at his last vet visit). When
he wants to get on my lap (which is often) he slowly gets on the arm of
the sofa and very carefully eases himself into position. I am very
thankful for this!

LeMieux is 17 pounds since becoming diabetic (ought to be about 14.5
again, we're working on it). But he was such a long-bodied and long-
legged cat even when he was slim, that he's not comfortable on laps.

He does like to sneak into the bed a couple of hours before I get up,
where I'm sleeping on my side, and curl up leaning against my back.
Unfortunately, he snores loud enough to wake me up. lol

When he visits on the bed when we're awake, he wants to be in the
middle, but he's very careful about either jumping over one of us
to get there, or walking down the side edge to the bottom and up the
middle, rather than stepping on us.

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."