Cat that wets the bed

Old January 14th 05, 12:56 AM
---MIKE---

Default Cat that wets the bed

This cat belongs to a friend of a friend. A five year old altered male
that pees on the bed. He has been to the vet and was given a clear bill
of health. This has been going on for quite a while. My recommendation
would be a Feliway diffuser in the bed room. Are there any other
suggestions?

---MIKE---

Old January 14th 05, 01:19 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-14, ---MIKE--- penned:
This cat belongs to a friend of a friend. A five year old altered male that
pees on the bed. He has been to the vet and was given a clear bill of
health. This has been going on for quite a while. My recommendation would
be a Feliway diffuser in the bed room. Are there any other suggestions?

This may be a cop-out, but can they keep him out of the room for a while to
help break him of the habit?

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 14th 05, 02:28 AM
Cat Protector

I am going through this issue with my cats. I am not sure which one is
laying the marker but I am considering bringing the Rescue Remedy out of
retirement. My cats are fighting quite a bit lately so I am not surprised I
am finding wet spots on the bed. The problem here is that they are doing it
when I am in it and sleeping. I suspect it might be a fight over a spot next
to me.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

Old January 14th 05, 10:43 AM
Wendy

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
This cat belongs to a friend of a friend. A five year old altered male
that pees on the bed. He has been to the vet and was given a clear bill
of health. This has been going on for quite a while. My recommendation
would be a Feliway diffuser in the bed room. Are there any other
suggestions?

---MIKE---

By clean bill of health do you mean he had his urine tested or just an exam?

Feliway would be worth a try.

Old February 5th 05, 02:56 PM
Sherry

This cat belongs to a friend of a friend. A five year old altered male
that pees on the bed. He has been to the vet and was given a clear bill
of health. This has been going on for quite a while. My recommendation
would be a Feliway diffuser in the bed room. Are there any other
suggestions?

---MIKE---

Mike, I know this sounds over-simple, but do you think he has tried locking the
cat out of the bedroom?
Also, it sounds so creepy when I hear about a cat peeing on the bed, because
that's *exactly* what mine did with a UTI, and I think CP's cat did too. I
wonder if there's something the vet missed.
Sherry
Old February 5th 05, 06:29 PM
Mary

"Sherry " wrote in message
This cat belongs to a friend of a friend. A five year old altered male
that pees on the bed. He has been to the vet and was given a clear bill
of health. This has been going on for quite a while. My recommendation
would be a Feliway diffuser in the bed room. Are there any other
suggestions?

---MIKE---

Mike, I know this sounds over-simple, but do you think he has tried

locking the
cat out of the bedroom?
Also, it sounds so creepy when I hear about a cat peeing on the bed,

because
that's *exactly* what mine did with a UTI, and I think CP's cat did too. I
wonder if there's something the vet missed.
Sherry

The cat psych books say that when a cat pees on a certain human's
bed or laundry they are trying to send a message to that person.
The message might be, "OW! This urinary tract infection hurts!"

Old February 6th 05, 05:59 PM
Mary

"Meghan Noecker" wrote in message
When Kira started going in season, she would pee on the bed. I was

able to convince my mom that she should be spayed after two heat
cycles (for other reasons though). During that time, I covered the bed
with a vinyl tablecloth to keep the pee from getting to my blankets.
And we had to work on some communication. She originally thought I
kicked her out of the room, but it was only off the bed.

She also had spearate anxiety for the first few years, so overnight
trips required the bed to be covered. She would vomit and/or have
diarhea on the bed (and only on the bed).

Now, Chase sends the true message, or at least he used to. Back when
he was a kitten, we had to work out some deals on the kitty litter
box. He is pickier than the other cats, so I had to keep it deeper and
clean it daily (I confess I was not scooping it that often before).
And he also has a preference for fine grain litter.

So, the first time I let it get too bad, he peed on the bed. When I
changed it to a pellet litter once, he peed on the bed. That was his
way of telling me he didn't like the letter (right back atcha).

See, your experience is the same as mine. Even though I do agree that
people whose pets do this should have the vet check them, especially
since UTIs can be so dangerous, every time my cats have done this
it was because they were upset about something. Buddha jumped up
on our just laundered duvet and peed just as soon as
my husband had gotten into bed--because he had been shooing her
down off the bed while he washed the sheets and comforter cover.
(He didn't want her black hair on the mattress. I would not have cared
and therefore would not have been peed upon! Another point for the
less-anal-retentive out there!) She went to the vet and there was no
problem.

Gnarly once pooted in the middle of the living room floor while I
was IN the living room on the phone with my mother! I was sputtering
and gasping while my Mom laughed and said, "She knows how to get
your attention!" I was working full time and going to school full time
and her box was not clean enough. She went to the vet, and had
no health problems at all.

Old February 6th 05, 06:30 PM
Mary

"Mary" wrote in message
. com...

Gnarly once pooted in the middle of the living room floor

That should be "pooed." Kitty farts have never upset me much.