Flying Conan...another possibility

Old July 1st 05, 07:41 PM
Philip

Biskybabe wrote:
On 2005-07-01 09:32:06 -0700, "Candace" said:

Biskybabe wrote:

This is true. But that's not what we were talking about, unless I
misunderstood what Rhonda was saying.

Except this is past history. The cat won't be flying, he'll be placed
locally.

Yeah, it's not clear to me WTF happened, but he appears to be out of
the shelter now.

What are you using for a newsreader that you could have MISSED all the
hoopla over getting Conan out of the shelter? That occured a few days ago!

Old July 1st 05, 07:41 PM
Candace

Mary wrote:

Is this news? Does this mean the San Diego man is taking him?

I don't know but I thought Monica said he would be locally placed and I
assumed that the original flight plans were no more.

Didn't mean to speak out of turn but this thread seemed to be based on
things that happened prior to Conan being sprung from the shelter.

Candace

Old July 1st 05, 07:44 PM
Biskybabe

On 2005-07-01 11:40:46 -0700, Rhonda said:

Yes, and it has to be a specific certificate for flying. You can't just
hand the airlines a huge stack of paperwork.

b (who hasn't flown cats, but has flown rabbits multiple times)

Hi Bisk,

Some airlines do not require health certificates any longer -- American
does not. They do require proof of rabies vaccine, though.

When I was checking for Conan, I made sure to ask each airline.

Cool. I figured you knew what you were doing, but just wanted to be a
part of the wonderful rescue of Conan, even in just such a little way.

Old July 1st 05, 11:39 PM
Mary

On 2005-07-01 09:32:06 -0700, "Candace" said:

Biskybabe wrote:

This is true. But that's not what we were talking about, unless I
misunderstood what Rhonda was saying.

Except this is past history. The cat won't be flying, he'll be placed
locally.

Yeah, it's not clear to me WTF happened, but he appears to be out of
the shelter now.

And that is the important thing.

Old July 1st 05, 11:40 PM
Mary

"Candace" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mary wrote:

Is this news? Does this mean the San Diego man is taking him?

I don't know but I thought Monica said he would be locally placed and I
assumed that the original flight plans were no more.

Didn't mean to speak out of turn but this thread seemed to be based on
things that happened prior to Conan being sprung from the shelter.

I see! I just thought you knew something I don't! Better tell me if
you find anything out. I am looking forward to hearing that he is
in his new home.

Old July 2nd 05, 12:53 AM
Candace

Mary wrote:

I see! I just thought you knew something I don't! Better tell me if
you find anything out. I am looking forward to hearing that he is
in his new home.

No, I haven't heard anything other than what is on the ng. I was
hoping we would get an update soon, too. The guy you spoke to sounded
really nice from everything you said.

Candace

Old July 2nd 05, 01:22 AM
Kitkat

Candace wrote:

Mary wrote:

I see! I just thought you knew something I don't! Better tell me if
you find anything out. I am looking forward to hearing that he is
in his new home.

No, I haven't heard anything other than what is on the ng. I was
hoping we would get an update soon, too. The guy you spoke to sounded
really nice from everything you said.

Candace

I suspect we may not get any update. It would be cool if we did. Even if
it weren't very detailed. I don't really need to know anything about the
people that adopt Conan or need to see further pictures, etc. But
rescuers...if you are reading...when placement does happen...just news
to that effect would be really splendid.

Pam
Old July 2nd 05, 02:03 AM
Mary

"Kitkat" wrote in message
om...
Candace wrote:

Mary wrote:

I see! I just thought you knew something I don't! Better tell me if
you find anything out. I am looking forward to hearing that he is
in his new home.

No, I haven't heard anything other than what is on the ng. I was
hoping we would get an update soon, too. The guy you spoke to sounded
really nice from everything you said.

Candace

I suspect we may not get any update. It would be cool if we did. Even if
it weren't very detailed. I don't really need to know anything about the
people that adopt Conan or need to see further pictures, etc. But
rescuers...if you are reading...when placement does happen...just news
to that effect would be really splendid.

Oh I feel sure Monica will let us know--not who gets him--that makes
no difference to me--but that he is in his home. She knows a lot of people
care about that beautiful boy!

Old July 2nd 05, 03:32 AM
Rhonda

That was the neatest thing about this whole situation -- everyone
helped. Everyone was doing their best to come up with ideas and possible
adopters and ways to spring him.

Conan was gone when Dan got there, but he saw two other gorgeous,
friendly orange cats in there. Are you up for another addition to the
family?

Rhonda

Biskybabe wrote:

Cool. I figured you knew what you were doing, but just wanted to be a
part of the wonderful rescue of Conan, even in just such a little way.

Conan Update 6/20 9 pm CST Mary Cat health & behaviour 34 June 24th 05 05:29 AM
Conan Update Mon. 6/20 9 am CST Mary Cat health & behaviour 8 June 21st 05 08:20 PM
Conan Update Saturdfay 6/18 2:39 PM Mary Cat health & behaviour 9 June 19th 05 09:30 AM
Flying purrs? Karen Cat anecdotes 11 May 24th 05 07:26 AM
flying greeblings John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 2 April 4th 05 03:01 PM