Vet's bill

Old November 6th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Vet's bill

I wondered if you all might want to compare Boyfie's recent vet bill for his
cat fight and see what you think it might have been where you a

Dispense Synulox 50mg pal tablets 500 x 10 (give one twice per day) =
5.21
Inject IM/SC Betamox INJ 100ml (0.25 ml )1.98
Inject IM/SC Metacam INJ 20ml - 2.77
Consultation - first 15.17
V.A.T. 4.39.
Total 29.52 GB pounds

And well worth it for my lovely boy.

Tweed

Old November 6th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

I wondered if you all might want to compare Boyfie's recent vet bill for his
cat fight and see what you think it might have been where you a

Dispense Synulox 50mg pal tablets 500 x 10 (give one twice per day) =
5.21
Inject IM/SC Betamox INJ 100ml (0.25 ml )1.98
Inject IM/SC Metacam INJ 20ml - 2.77
Consultation - first 15.17
V.A.T. 4.39.
Total 29.52 GB pounds

And well worth it for my lovely boy.

Well, 29.52 GB pounds comes out to about $60 US, right? That would be
very cheap for all that work and medicine, that's for sure!

Joyce
Old November 6th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 6 Nov, 22:52, wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

I wondered if you all might want to compare Boyfie's recent vet bill for his
cat fight and see what you think it might have been where you a

Dispense Synulox 50mg pal tablets 500 x 10 (give one twice per day) =
5.21
Inject IM/SC Betamox INJ 100ml (0.25 ml )1.98
Inject IM/SC Metacam INJ 20ml - 2.77
Consultation - first 15.17
V.A.T. 4.39.
Total 29.52 GB pounds

And well worth it for my lovely boy.

Well, 29.52 GB pounds comes out to about $60 US, right? That would be
very cheap for all that work and medicine, that's for sure!

Joyce

That looks cheap compared to Cardiff. Here (or with my vet anyway) it
would be more like £40.

Helen M

Old November 7th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

I wondered if you all might want to compare Boyfie's recent vet bill
for his cat fight and see what you think it might have been where you

Dispense Synulox 50mg pal tablets 500 x 10 (give one twice per day)
= 5.21
Inject IM/SC Betamox INJ 100ml (0.25 ml )1.98
Inject IM/SC Metacam INJ 20ml - 2.77
Consultation - first 15.17
V.A.T. 4.39.
Total 29.52 GB pounds

And well worth it for my lovely boy.

Tweed

When our Sonny was attacked by Hershey 2 doors down last year and got an
abcess, it cost us $185 Cdn (96.40 GB pounds) for the vet visit, an
antibiotic injection, cleaning out the abcess and 2 weeks of antibiotics.
Then he had a bad reaction to the antibiotic, so we got a different one,
more expensive of course. You got a good deal.

Bobble
Old November 7th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I wondered if you all might want to compare Boyfie's recent vet bill for
his cat fight and see what you think it might have been where you a

Dispense Synulox 50mg pal tablets 500 x 10 (give one twice per day) =
5.21
Inject IM/SC Betamox INJ 100ml (0.25 ml )1.98
Inject IM/SC Metacam INJ 20ml - 2.77
Consultation - first 15.17
V.A.T. 4.39.
Total 29.52 GB pounds

And well worth it for my lovely boy.

Tweed

That sounds extremely reasonable to me! I doubt if I'd get away from my
vet's for something minor for anything like that.

Joy

Old November 7th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:
I wondered if you all might want to compare Boyfie's recent vet bill for his
cat fight and see what you think it might have been where you a

Dispense Synulox 50mg pal tablets 500 x 10 (give one twice per day) =
5.21
Inject IM/SC Betamox INJ 100ml (0.25 ml )1.98
Inject IM/SC Metacam INJ 20ml - 2.77
Consultation - first 15.17
V.A.T. 4.39.
Total 29.52 GB pounds

And well worth it for my lovely boy.

That's very good value for money. I dug out the receipt for Caliban's
recent dental appointment. It was 131 Euros (£91/$190). It's not
itemized, so I don't know what bits cost what, but it says the procedure
took 60 mins.

Old November 7th 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

If anything like what happened to Boyfie happened to
Lily, I bet the bill would have certainly been over $100,
which is about 50 GBP or a little bit more. So, it's
probably comparable.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old November 7th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 22:25:16 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

I wondered if you all might want to compare Boyfie's recent vet bill for his
cat fight and see what you think it might have been where you a

Dispense Synulox 50mg pal tablets 500 x 10 (give one twice per day) =
5.21
Inject IM/SC Betamox INJ 100ml (0.25 ml )1.98
Inject IM/SC Metacam INJ 20ml - 2.77
Consultation - first 15.17
V.A.T. 4.39.
Total 29.52 GB pounds

And well worth it for my lovely boy.

Tweed

We haven't had any kitties requiring medication for quite a while now
(thanks be to Bast) so no information to compare, except to say that those
numbers sound almost unbelievably low. Years ago Cleo had a bad tooth and
had to go to the vet. I don't have the itemized receipt any more, but for
the office visit charge, anestheasia (I know that's misspelled),
professional service to extract the tooth, one shot of antibiotic, and a
week's worth of pills the charges were over $600.

And within the area vet charges vary widely. My brother used to take his
dog Maggie to a vet on the north side of town for all vet needs. Just
taking her in to get her anal glands expressed used to cost $40. He took
her to a vet just down the street from his house yesterday and paid $14
for the same service.