We had an exciting visitor this afternoon

Old August 17th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default We had an exciting visitor this afternoon

After Harri's little trip to the storage facility we all returned home
and have enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon. Nancy is upstairs napping
with Cleo and Sammy, I'm reading in the living room with Harri curled up
at my feet, and the other kitties are lounging in the mud room and the
back yard.

About half an hour ago I heard a yowl of distress. Harri and I both
jumped to our feet immediately, and I ran into the front yard to see
what was happening. Nothing going on there, so I went back into the
house and towards the back yard. There's a sign that I'm headed in the
right direction - Ranger speeding from the back yard into the living
room, growling and with his tail all fluffed up.

When I got into the back yard I saw a beautiful young black and white
kitty frantically running around the yard looking for a way out. The
cat-proof fencing I put up was thwarting his efforts to get out. I
opened the front gate then sort of maneuvered the little guy to where he
could the escape route, then he took off.

The yowl I heard must have been my brave, courageous Ranger yelling "get
out of my yard!" as he streaked for the safety of the house.

Just in case the little visitor has been abandoned I put a bowl of kitty
food out in the front yard. I'll be keeping on eye out for him, just in
case he's in need of shelter.

Dan
Old August 17th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Aug 17, 2:05*pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
[...]

Oooh, poor little thing.. um.. things... um... well, yikes. Hope
the little one just got misplaced, and found his slaves.

Ranger sounds like my 'fraidy cat, Marley. I'll growl real low (like
a big engine that won't turn over, when you are trying to start it),
then runs hell bent for leather to the bedroom to hide underneath the
bed.

Smokie Darling (Annie)
Old August 18th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
[...]

*******

Sounds like out two 'brave' cats. If I want to open a door without
them dashing through I hiss at them. They back off every time.

Jo

Old August 18th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

In article ,
"Granby" wrote:

Watch out Dan, that is how numbers of kittens multiply in the household!

Not to worry; the present 6 would all mutiny if I tried to bring in
another.
Old August 18th 08, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Aug 17, 5:01*pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
[...]

I'm so embarrassed, I hadn't realized how I wrote it...

I meant to write that *he'll* growl like that, then run off...

When I want them to get away, I say "Who wants to go out and see
Doctor Krista?" Even the dog goes and hides at that, and *she* likes
Doctor Krista.

Old August 18th 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
The yowl I heard must have been my brave, courageous Ranger yelling "get
out of my yard!" as he streaked for the safety of the house.

Smart and brave.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 18th 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 21:49:08 -0500, Victor Martinez wrote:

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
The yowl I heard must have been my brave, courageous Ranger yelling
"get out of my yard!" as he streaked for the safety of the house.

Smart and brave.

When I was in high school, the folks across the street from us had an
extremely timid toy poodle. We had adopted a pregnant cat from the
animal shelter, and were raising her and her kittens. On one occasion,
the poodle got loose and was dashing around, and ran through our yard,
about 20 feet away from the kittens. Mama cat, a calico named Patches,
took exception, and the poodle ended up dashing for home with Patches in
hot pursuit. After several minutes had gone by without either one of
them reappearing, I walked around behind the neighbor's house to
investigate. The dog was pressed up against his back door, trembling,
while the cat sat about 10 feet away and gave him the Glare of Death. I
ended up picking up Patches and taking her back home. From that point
on, if the dog ever got loose, he made sure not to come anywhere near our
yard.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old August 18th 08, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Victor Martinez wrote:
Daniel Mahoney wrote:
The yowl I heard must have been my brave, courageous Ranger yelling
"get out of my yard!" as he streaked for the safety of the house.

Smart and brave.

Exactly! Just in case the gorgeous b&w visitor kitty was in a bad mood...

Jill

Old August 18th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

[...]

BLAK AN WITE ROOLZ.

LUV DANTE