Catching up

Old August 14th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Default Catching up

Glad to see you back posting, Karen. Good
luck on the new job and give the girls extra
skritches from us.

Lily & her mama

"Karen" wrote in message
Man, it takes a lot to catch up with this group. I just peak in now and
again. It's been a rough year. I have not had any classes so, I moved to a
lower cost place. If I could EVER catch up, I'd do ok, but now, with my
hysterectomy not paid off, my knee has decided to rear it's ugly head
after 25 years from an original partial ACL tear. Now it's all torn. Even
though it is a problem the wierd thing is I got a really bad calf strain
when I wanged the back of my calf with a car door. THAT has been utterly
debilitating. But it made me face that that leg is just having trouble. It
is very slowly getting better. Advice, DO NOT EVER STRAIN YOUR CALF. Man,
oh man, way painful. So, now, I face an ACL reconstruction. Which really
SHOULD be a good thing, but the idea of such a huge thing is kind of
overwhelming. For now I have a brace, which helps and tomorrow I do my
first pre-op physical therapy. I hope to build the leg up so it is in
shape when I finally have an operation. Of *course* I moved to a second
floor apartment with no elevator just before all this happened. DOH!

I'm sure I'll get it all figured out and at least it is not something I
have to rush in to, because I would sure like to pay off the doppler and
MRI that I have not even gotten bills for yet. If I can put it off until
next year, using the time wisely to lose more weight and get my legs in
shape, I can switch to a higher insurance plan which should be mui
helpful. The good news is another University picked me up and I start that
Sep 1. It even uses my lectures! I did not realize, probably many online
Universities do. I have to find out which ones and maybe I can keep a
rotating file going. So, hopefully, income will pick up and all this med
stuff won't be so bad. Boy, straining that calf did teach me that you
simply need to do everything to stay mobile! Life is very hard when you
aren't.

The girls are pretty good. Sugar has chronic constipation and I choose not
to aggressively diagnose why she has such trouble. Lactulose and propulsid
keep her oiling along well and she acts as zippy as ever as long as she is
regular. We've only been doing that a month or so, but it seems to work
fine. Pearl has her days, but really overall, she does wonderfully for all
her troubles. Her fur got really icky for a while, but it seems to have
really cleared up again. The funniest thing has been how after being
offered Love a little freeze dried chicken treats again and again and
totally ignoring them, Sugar suddenly discovered last week those are THE
thing. One night when I was giving Pearl a snack of Avoderm with some
crumbled on top, Sugar's nose literally went into overdrive. She *stuck
her head under Pearl's to get Pearl's food*! Pearl had to finally HISS at
her to get her out of the dish! LOL! That was just so funny. Pearl was
totally shocked, offended, mortified and disgusted. My only trouble
is getting Sugar to eat enough real FOOD. Got her off the dry but she
INSISTS on crumbled freeze dried on her wet food and wants me to add more.
Ugh. Well, at least she eats. I could wish she were a tad heavier and
Pearl a bit lighter, but that's how it always goes, eh?

I will try to do a better job keeping up. It's funny, when I have time, I
was a bit depressed and didn't want to intrude, and now that I have more
to do with a class coming up, I feel better and want to join in. Go
figure. But I'm sure I'll have a LOT of time one of these months when I
have my knee thing. It sounds like it is usually quite a successful
procedure, if arduous. It would be nice to have a "real" knee back again
and they say reconstructions are as strong as the original if you do your
rehab really well.

Well, just thought I would post a lil' update.

Karen, Sugar and Pearl

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old August 14th 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Karen wrote in news:2008081319411475249-
kchuplis@alltelnet:

Man, it takes a lot to catch up with this group. I just peak in now and
again. It's been a rough year. I have not had any classes so, I moved
to a lower cost place. If I could EVER catch up, I'd do ok, but now,
with my hysterectomy not paid off, my knee has decided to rear it's
ugly head after 25 years from an original partial ACL tear. Now it's
all torn. Even though it is a problem the wierd thing is I got a really
bad calf strain when I wanged the back of my calf with a car door.
THAT has been utterly debilitating. But it made me face that that leg
is just having trouble.

..
..
..

Karen, Sugar and Pearl

Sorry to hear about all ther problems. I hear you on the calf thing;
muscle bruises and strains can really suck. Hope everything improves,

Andy
Old August 14th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Healing, soothing purrs on the way.

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped

Old August 14th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

Hi Karen
Purrs that everything goes well for you. Sounds like you're really going
through a rough time, but you do have a good spirit.
Hugs and best wishes
Kyla
"Karen"

Old August 16th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

"Karen" ...
On 2008-08-13 20:13:54 -0500, "Granby" :

Have 3 friends who have had this. Two successful, one not. THE ANSWER
is in "THE REHAB". Two did it faithfully and the third said it was too
hard and painful at first. You will be fine.

In case you wonder, two of them got injured rock climbing, a mountain not
an indoor thing like chicken me. The third fell down some steps with ice
on them.

As I said, with your spirit about things, you will do fine.

I agree

That is what it seems like. You have to work hard, not under do or over
do. I definitely will be commited.

I had both my knees replaced in 2001, was doing wonderfully in PT (Rehab)
and got them re ruined on the way home form a really good session in 2002.
We were involved in a rather nasty car accident, Oh bunk.
Oh well, there are a 'lot' of folks here far worse off than I am so
I have no reason to gripe.
Purrs for all to go well with you
Kyla

Old August 18th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Karen wrote:
Man, it takes a lot to catch up with this group. I just peak in now and
again. It's been a rough year. snip
I will try to do a better job keeping up. It's funny, when I have time,
I was a bit depressed and didn't want to intrude, and now that I have
more to do with a class coming up, I feel better and want to join in. Go
figure. But I'm sure I'll have a LOT of time one of these months when I
have my knee thing. It sounds like it is usually quite a successful
procedure, if arduous. It would be nice to have a "real" knee back again
and they say reconstructions are as strong as the original if you do
your rehab really well.

Well, just thought I would post a lil' update.

Karen, Sugar and Pearl

I'm so sorry you felt you would intrude when you were depressed and
didn't post. I wish I knew that so I could send you some purrs then, but
Soncek and I are sending you lots of healing purrs and gentle hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Catching up Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 1 May 2nd 06 03:59 PM
Catching up Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 4 March 29th 06 10:12 PM
Catching up Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 4 October 7th 05 05:21 PM
Catching Up Pamela Shirk Cat anecdotes 0 August 2nd 05 05:27 PM
Catching up David Yehudah Cat anecdotes 8 August 20th 03 11:09 AM