New Fur Baby

Old November 22nd 05, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default New Fur Baby

meee wrote:
hey you and me share birthdays jo!! I'm december 6th too! good luck with
your new dog, she sounds lovely@!!

You two share your birthday with my country. That's Finland's
Independence Day. D

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 22nd 05, 05:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
meee wrote:
hey you and me share birthdays jo!! I'm december 6th too! good luck with
your new dog, she sounds lovely@!!

You two share your birthday with my country. That's Finland's
Independence Day. D

Wow!! I didn't realize how lucky my birthday was!! St nicholas' day, and
finland's independance day!!

Old November 22nd 05, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

It will be interesting to see if she tries to heard the cats when she
gets
older. ;o)
--
That's right...my girlfriend's boarder collies used to obsessively try
to herd her Rex's, though they would have none of it which would

Awwwww.......it's a cute widdle round poopie d*g....!

PatM

Old November 22nd 05, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Forgive my ignorance but who did Finland proclaim it's indepencence
from?

My dad's first wife Helen O'Latalah (she died of a brain aneurysm) was
Finnish. She was quite lovely. Is that a common Finnish name?

-PatM

Old November 22nd 05, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
You two share your birthday with my country. That's Finland's
Independence Day. D

Shoot!!! I forgot to include a reference in my post to Marina and no
one's going to know what I was talking about Sorry!!

-PatM

Old November 22nd 05, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"PatM" wrote
Forgive my ignorance but who did Finland proclaim it's indepencence
from?

The old Imperial Russian Empire, IIRC, when it disintegrated. In
practical terms that was in 1917 but I think formal recognition of
independence was issued by Russia (or maybe just taken by Finland, aka
Suomi) in 1919.

My dad's first wife Helen O'Latalah (she died of a brain aneurysm) was
Finnish. She was quite lovely. Is that a common Finnish name?

Dunno about that one. I'm sure Marina will reply more authoritatively on
both points.

Purrs
Gordon (showing off the remains of his history lessons) & the FF

Old November 22nd 05, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

PatM wrote:
Forgive my ignorance but who did Finland proclaim it's indepencence
from?

From Russia, in 1917.

My dad's first wife Helen O'Latalah (she died of a brain aneurysm) was
Finnish. She was quite lovely. Is that a common Finnish name?

It doesn't sound Finnish at all to me. Are you sure about the spelling?
Could be Laitala (no O' - that's Irish). That's a fairly common name. Or
maybe it was Alatalo. Not very common, but well-known since there's a
singer called Mikko Alatalo. The Finnish form of Helen is Helena.

Old November 22nd 05, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

But our house is empty without a dog.
Jo

AWWWWWWW, how cute, sweet, darling, cuddley. She's a little love! Hope we
hear lot's of cat and p*ppy stories.
Charleen

Old November 22nd 05, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

It doesn't sound Finnish at all to me. Are you sure about the spelling?

Could be Laitala (no O' - that's Irish). That's a fairly common name.

The O could be her middle initial...old writing in a photo album,
difficult to read. The Laitala is quite possible. She was definately
Finnish. Thanks for the info!

-PatM

The Silly Cat Survey Enfilade Cat anecdotes 50 July 17th 05 06:45 PM
Baby Bea Integration Pat Cat anecdotes 1 May 14th 05 10:28 PM
OT Doggy Mama Rescues Abandoned Baby Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 4 May 11th 05 05:53 AM
People Baby Purr Request Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 47 April 21st 05 11:49 AM
cat hates baby Karen Chuplis Cat health & behaviour 45 January 6th 05 12:12 AM