A Message From Diana and Ryan

Old April 29th 08, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default To Heather (kinda long) : A Message From Diana and Ryan

On Apr 27, 3:48*am, "Mosey =^. .^="
wrote:
snip

Kyla borrows keyboard from Mosey and gets a glare in return
I know how much you love these kitties, and you have so many, know all their
names, their purrsonalities and love them and brush them and play with
them...wow.
*I just thank God for kind people like you. *I was reading one of your posts
about when you 'sit down to read'.....
Whenever do you find the time to read? *What do you like to read?

I try to read for an hour or so before I go to bed. It helps me wind
down from the day. Although I haven't had time to read for the last
week or so. I'm working on a secret project ssssssssssssh which
will be announced as soon as I have some of it together. :-)

in one of your replies, you said 'we', so I hope that means you
have some kind folks helping you

Just Graeme. He scoops the litterboxes downstairs on the weekends,
and disposes of the litter. He "tries" to help me trim the nails of
the difficult ones, but honestly, he's not very good at it.

I really wish I had some extra toonas to help you and Unkl Fred with some.
I won't even waste a ''single dollar on a lottery ticket, thinking I can buy
4 cans of cat food instead.
But then I think...what IF i won? *I could help SO many people out.

What a kind thought. I do buy lottery tickets, but of course, have
spent far more than I've won. I keep hoping to hit the big one. The
other day, I bought a $1 scratch ticket and won $50.

Do you have a website somewhere?

I don't but Oz and Voodoo do, although it needs updating badly. The
url is: http://www.oznvoo.com

You should really write a book.

And when pray tell would I have time to write that book,
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? g

Thank you so much for putting up the message from Diana and Ryan, in
Catspeak yet. *You are someone I would LOVE to meet and have a cuppa coffee
with and get to know your fuzzy guests G. *I'll bring them some catnip too
LOL

You're quite welcome. I'd love to meet you too! If you ever get to
Catnada...........

You have a wonderful sense of humor too G

Fangu

I want you to know you're such a blessing to Fred and others. *.
You said, in another post : *" I now volunteer, and am on the Board of
Directors of Abbey CatAdoptions, which, as I'm sure you can understand,
keeps me very busy.

No kidding. Very impressive, and kind. You are making a difference to the
kitties and the hoomins too.
And a wedwing *Awwww...

Thank you, I try.

Cats can really keep ya goin, can't they? We only have 4 of the fuzzies.

Yup, they sure do! Sometimes I think all I do during the course of a
day is scoop, feed, scoop, pick up hairballs, scoop g

You took the time to write Mosey and I this and I'd like to respond.
*offers you more coffee*

Thank you. Mmmmmmmm this is good coffee!

Mosey/Kyla, I'd like to let you know that I am an experienced cat

woman (close to 30 years now). *I know every single cat in my home,
and am aware when one of them isn't acting normal, and could possibly
be sick. *I have knowledge of most of the common feline illnesses, am
an expert at medicating, and have experience in subq'ing should the
need arise. *I keep a supply of some medications on hand, so if
someone gets sick, I can start them on the road to recovery right away
instead of waiting till they can see the vet, which as I'm sure you
know. can be very traumatizing for them. *I've been with the same vet
for 24 years now, and trust him completely. *He has enough confidence
in my knowledge, that I can call him for medications, or simply for

advice.

That is very awesome indeed Heather *Do they get kitty toofpaste too?
Mosey had to have 3 fangs taken out a couple of months ago to bad teeth and
my vet said the enzymes in the toofpaste will prevent kidney damage and also
help with the dental hygine thingy. *He'd eat the whole tube if I'd let him.
Just curious.

No, they don't get kitty toothpaste. I have some here who just about
take my finger off just trying to pill them.

Diana and Ryan will not simply be thrown in with everyone else. *They

will have a room to themselves at first, and will be introduced to the

others slowly; properly.

I've been reading the posts and they seem to be doing gudgud

They're doing great! Tonight, I heard a noise in the dining room, and
when I went out to see what it was, there was Ryan (all 21 pounds of
him) walking along the top of my china cabinet, daintily stepping over
the cat statutes. He was shocked when I came out and saw him up
there, and looked at me as it to say "is something wrong? Am I not
allowed up here? g I lifted (read hoisted) him down (have you ever
tried to pick up a kitty that's built like a Mack truck from above
shoulder level? It ain't easy!

quote *Notice your 'nose' when she opens the door. What does the air
smell like?

With 43 cats in the house (or shelter for that matter), it's bound to

smell of cat, although I have had people come to adopt tell me that

they'd never know there were so many here.

I felt like a total dolt for even asking that. *Please accept my apologies?
Like I said before, we have 4 and for odor control, I use those car tree
fragrance tree thingys on the doornobs, and they seem to work. G

No need to apologize. You didn't know anything about me at the time.

quote see if it's clean

You may not be able to eat off my floors, or sit down without getting

cat hair on your clothes, but I do what I can to keep my place as
clean as possible. *I must admit though that my walls and windows
don't get washed as often as they should. *Even those of you who have
only a few cats know that half an hour after you vacuum or sweep

floors, the cat hair has already started to accumulate again.

That is so true.
I don't wash my windows either much because I like to see the little
noseprints on them. *I keep all mine/ours indoors.

Noseprints, pawprints - after awhile you can't tell which is which g

quote do they have a lot of cat toys, cat furniture

I have a variety of cat furniture in the house. *The futon and chair

in the spare bedroom were purchased specifically for the cats. *Our
furniture is their furniture! *We have a floor to ceiling window in
the living room, and it's not uncommon, especially on a bright sunny
day, to have at least half of them lying somewhere in the living roomrez
taking in the sun. *As for cat toys, there are plenty around, some of

them handmade with love by me.

We don't get too much sunshine here near Seattle. *But when we do..wheee
It's a well known fact that a cat will soak any sunspot there is.
I do know about your furniture being their furniture G
*rolls eyes* *LOL same here...and they have plenty of their 'own' toys. *One
of ours, Pookie loves to go around slamming lower cupboard doors, getting
into the unit where the phone books are kept and tries to eat the.
phonebooks...and I have to keep cellophane away from him too. *Silly Cat!!
He has the silliest sense of humor of the 4 of them. *And they all love
cardboard boxes.

People only fool themselves if they think they can train a cat to stay
off furniture. They may while you're around, but as soon as you leave
the room, they go where they want to go. I'm always shutting sumkitty
up somewhere - my linen closet, bedroom closet, wardrobe, kitchen
cabinets, fridge (have to be VERY careful about that). On occasion, I
find the door to my hutch open, and someone snoozing in there. Boxes
and bags are a very big hit around here too.

As for cat toys, there are plenty around, some of

them handmade with love by me

And yet you find the time to make cat toys...wow.

Not lately I'm afraid.

quote litterboxes?

Obviously there isn't one litterbox per cat, however, everyone shares

the ones that are here without any problems.. *They are cleaned out
twice a day. *Some are covered, some uncovered to keep everyone

happy.

Lucky you only have to change them twice a day. *I have to scoop mine at
least 4 times a day for 2 boxes or Mosey will 'sometimes' poop outside the
box, if I don't pay enough attention to him.

quote Ask about feeding time

The cats here get wet food twice a day - once in the morning as soon

as I get up, and again at supper time. *Crunchies are left down for
those who don't like wet food, as well as for snacking. *They do not
eat grocery store food, but instead get to dine on such brands as
Wellness, Innova, California Natural and Eagle Pack. *Crunchies are
California Natural. *I do not have a plate for each cat, but serve
meals on stainless steel plates, with enough on each plate for them to

eat in shifts/at their leisure.

Wow *Mine get wet food twice a day too, either Friskies or Nine Lives and
there are only 2 kinds of wet food they like. *And I leave dry food out for
them all the time.
Friskies Indoor and Purina Feline Favorites.

That is their choice. *Those who
don't come to meals, get them delivered to them wherever they are. *I
am clearly their slave. :-)

Yes, yes you are and I know you love it, or you wouldn't be doing it.
In my heart I think the Cat is God's favorite animal. *I can see Him with a
purring cat on His lap. *Oh, in case you hadn't heard, The Pope is cat
lover

Of course I love it! I wouldn't want it any other way. I didn't know
The Pope is a cat lover, cool!

I want to assure everyone that I fully understand that Fred placing
his "kids" in care. *My cats, as well as my fosters receive the same
amount of love and attention.

Bless your heart *And I bet they give it right back to you too
I'll bet you get a lot of nosepoinks too...right?

Yes I do get a lot of nosepoinks, ear and eyelid licks.

Here's a picture of my sweet but bratty Mosey, who will be 6 on May 1.http://i26.tinypic.com/x440lt.jpg*It's a little out of focus, but so is he
LOL.

He's a cutie!

He and I write to hoomins on rpca who's kitties have gone to The Bridge or
if they need cheering up. *He's my little writin buddy. G

You are in my prayers, you wonderful woman.
Hugs, Purrs,and Bright Blessings to you
Love
Kyla and Mosey

Thank you Kyla.

Heather

Mosey hure
PRRRRRT?
I *sew agree wiff Meowmie, yew iz *a wunnerful woman.
Tank yew furry mutch fur beeng sew nise to awl da *Catz.
Yew wurk sew hard n dew et wiff such wuv tew.
I tink i kan speek fur awl of dem wen I say we wuv yew n preecate yew.
nosepoink
PUUUUUUUUURS
Wuv
Mosey

Awww, that's so nice of you Mosey.

Anti Heather, offering pouncees
Old April 29th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

Default A Message From Diana and Ryan

HRMPH, deze guyz needsa go, dat Barbie cat hadda nurfta tryta play wif mine
mozt impurrtinself, Trudi, NOT amuzed AT All
wrote in message
Why thank you Trudi, but I think I've got enough here now.

Anti Heather

On Apr 25, 3:20 pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
Trudi hearz anna Hey we gotz two fur yourownsef, Trudi,

wrote in message

On Apr 25, 6:20 am, Fred wrote:

On Thursday 24 April 2008 22:47, wrote:

On Apr 24, 12:12 pm, Fred wrote:
On Thursday 24 April 2008 11:29, wrote:

Hihi daddee Fred, effurykitty an hoomin!

Weez jist wantid tu let yu all node dat whyl we miss owr daddee an
awful lot, dis plays iznt dat bad at all. Derz lotz uv windoz tu
luk owt, fud avaylible wheneffur weez want, lotz uv noo toyz an
nip! Anti Heather reashurz us dat Fred will be bak fur us, but it
iz going tu be awhyl. Weez havin a gud baykashun!

Diana and Ryan

Hoomin note: I'm very surprised at how well both Diana and Ryan
have settled in. Diana walks around like she owns the place and is
getting along well with the others. Ryan has finally decided that
he doesn't need to stay in his room, and is now wandering around
freely. He has decided that the top of the wardrobe is his napping
place, although he will share it if he has to with no complaints.

They both enjoy their nightly brushing session, but Diana is the
first one to let me know she's had enough. She has to go on about
her business. :-)

Ryan on the other hand, would let me brush him for hours if I
wanted to. He especially loves having his belly brushed (or
rubbed). As soon as he sees the brush come out of the drawer, he
lies down and gets ready for me.

They are both amazing cats, and I consider it a priviledge to have
them vacationing with me.

Heather

Thank-you Heather. That's so good to hear. Have they been lying
down together and cuddling like I have shown them in pictures.
Perhaps the presence of all those other kitties has changed their
patterns, but at home they's always be close for a nap when I was
out, or busy.

--
Peace,
Fred- Hide quoted text -

Actually, no they haven't. They seem to go on about their own
business during the day, but at night when I go in to read, they're
usually both in there, not lying together though.

That *is* a change. I would have thought they'd cling to each other
even more when they were stressed or lonely. Perhaps with all the
other cats around they have enough cat support... Gee, when I take them
back maybe I should take 10 or 20 of the others.(:-)) Well,... maybe
not.

--
Peace,
Fred- Hide quoted text -

They did at first, but now they have the run of the house, things have
changed. I don't think it's because they've grown apart (I do still
see Diana washing Ryan's ears). They just seem to enjoy different
scenery. Diana seems to prefer the living room crowd, while Ryan
prefers the bedroom crowd. He even was on the bed with me for part of
the night. Are you sure you wouldn't like to take 10 or 20 home with
you when you pick them up? It can be arranged you know. g

Heather- Hide quoted text -