A twibyute tu Lovable Louise, Original Grand Pooh-Bah

Old October 16th 11, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam[_3_]

Default A twibyute tu Lovable Louise, Original Grand Pooh-Bah

Pi2nya AKA Sweetee wrote:
The catmunity misses ower Original Grand Pooh-Bah, Lovable Louise.

Thank you, Petunia and all the other kitties, for such lovely
tributes! The tribute here from her "Meowmie" was indeed entirely
written by her Meowmie, who's never been a participant here. Here's
my tribute to her, sort of, from my human viewpoint.

Louise was the first cat that my parents got after I'd moved out, so
I never really "bonded" with her and vice versa. Two female adult
cats had been abandoned in an apartment when the people moved out
leaving the cats behind. Fortunately the cats were rescued by the
local SPCA, and named Thelma and Louise after the movie. Thelma got
adopted first. My parents adopted Louise from the SPCA in June
1997, about a month after Lionel died. She always seemed to have a
fear of abandonment whenever no humans were home, especially after
dark, which was probably justifiable given her history. I gave her
the 40th birthday of the character in the movie, October 17, 1995,
which I figure was accurate to within a few months one way or the other.

One of the most noticeable things about Louise was her hostility
toward other cats. In particular, she reacted to Allegra as if
Allegra were a threat. Allegra, a larger adult cat already in the
house, wasn't the least bit threatening toward Louise or anyone, but
Louise would hiss, growl, and swat at Allegra, always from a safe
distance. Allegra probably would have loved to have another kitty
friend, but in the TEN YEARS they shared the house, Louise never let
up trying to show Allegra that she was prepared to fight back at the
slightest sign of hostility. Even long after Allegra had died,
Louise would still occasionally check for her.

Louise could often be hostile, even to those she liked. She did
believe in "beating up." Whenever Louise felt it was time for her
breakfast, often around 6 AM, she would hit Meowmie on the head
until she got her point across and Meowmie got out of bed. She also
held grudges. Once, after she'd hissed at me for no apparent
reason, I'd hissed back, then she growled at me, I left the room.
When I came back fifteen minutes later, as soon as she saw me she
hissed at me again. Another time, she was inside the bathroom and
the door was ajar but not open enough for her to go through, so she
hissed at the door rather than bother with trying to open it.

Louise was indeed a "cat of few words," although she did get more
talkative her last years. She rarely meowed, but hissed and growled
quite a bit with little provocation. I think she had the most
profane vocabulary of any cat I've known. She would also howl
loudly at any other cat who dared enter HER yard.

There was only one other cat she ever liked, for reasons nobody
could figure out. Her romance with Bear, a tomcat, is covered at
http://tinyurl.com/3us9wwh . That was the only example of a
real-life winking I've ever heard of, as Bear was quite the
gentleman caller.

I tried to have her online "personality" reflect her actual one.
Online, she felt threats, and occasionally action, were acceptable
solutions. She did once "beet up" another kitty, but only after a
warning was ignored. In (I believe) summer 2008, when Catmerica
government was totally unresponsive, her solution was to overthrow
it and appoint herself Grand Pooh-Bah. Her strategy to prevent her
own possible overthrow was to appoint other kitties to as many
subordinate positions as possible, assuming that none would dare
revolt for fear of losing their own position.

After ten years of being "threatened" by Allegra, she finally became
an only cat, and did begin to show more of a personality. She often
put herself wherever the humans were, so she was a frequent visitor
to the backyard barbecues, demanding her share of the food if it
smelled good enough. However, her health, which had never been
great, gradually went downhill. She almost went to the Bridge in
February 2011, but mainly by sheer willpower managed to keep going
until July.

That marked the first time since August 1972 when my parents' house
had no cat at all -- and given their ages, it's likely to stay that
way. (As I've mentioned before, as much as I'd love to have a cat
of my own, with all the immunosuppressants I'm on post-transplant,
it's just too much of a risk. Another transplant recipient was in a
house with a parrot and ended up in the hospital for three months
and narrowly escaped blindness.) Anyway that is the story of Louise
Sylvia Rubin (1995?-2011), ninth cat at my parents' house in almost
forty years. I hope you've enjoyed reading it and learning a little
about the "purrsonality" behind the scenes.

Adam
--
Email: adam seven zero seven AT verizon DOT net

Old October 16th 11, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

That marked the first time since August 1972 when my parents' house had
no cat at all -- and given their ages, it's likely to stay that way.
(As I've mentioned before, as much as I'd love to have a cat of my own,
with all the immunosuppressants I'm on post-transplant, it's just too
much of a risk. Another transplant recipient was in a house with a
parrot and ended up in the hospital for three months and narrowly
escaped blindness.) Anyway that is the story of Louise Sylvia Rubin
(1995?-2011), ninth cat at my parents' house in almost forty years. I
hope you've enjoyed reading it and learning a little about the
"purrsonality" behind the scenes.

Adam

Thank you for that, Adam. I really enjoyed learning more about Louise's
background and her family story. She was certainly a unique cat, and she
will be greatly missed.

Amelia
Old October 16th 11, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Dat wuz a wonnerful tributz anna I am glad I wuz rite bout LL. I knew her
wud beet sumwun elze if her fout it wuz nezessary. Her waza fair cat but
her knu how taleed da kommunitee. Piglett glad she judged LL right and that
she respected that touff cat.

Old October 16th 11, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Thank you Adam, for sharing Louise with us, and for telling us more
about her in this Tribute.
And you mom's little Tribute as well, that was so sweet.
I kind of hope some needy kitty finds your folks...I've learned never
to say "never" when it comes to planning about cats...Bast finds a way
sometimes and good cat homes shouldn't go to waste.

Melissa
Old October 16th 11, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Two Sisters

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 01:51:25 -0400, Adam wrote:

Pi2nya AKA Sweetee wrote:
The catmunity misses ower Original Grand Pooh-Bah, Lovable Louise.

Thanks for sharing that wonderful story, Adam...

--
Purrs,

Cybèle & Oriane

“I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by little, the
cats become its visible soul.”
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/16/2011 12:06:29 PM
Old October 16th 11, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

Pi2nya AKA Sweetee wrote:
[...]

furry stirring triboyt. i know she has much fudz and no need to beet
up kitties at the rb.
if a parrut tries to kill yew i will eet it up an save yew.
beauty
Old October 16th 11, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

Adam, that was a wonderful twibyute tu Lovable Louise, Original Grand
Pooh-Bah.
We so, human and cats truly miss Loveable Louise.
Thank you for sharing her background and her real life wink.
I understand about why you can't have a real cat, but there are stuffed toy
cats that have battery operated purrs, meows, etc and if I can find the
link, I will e-mail it to you. Bless your parent's heart for taking LL in.
Purrs from our four, and love from me.
Take care.and try and keep warm.
Mosey,
Vice Grand Pooh-Bah and his human
Kyla

Old October 16th 11, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Da poem frum LL's meowmie an yur trybute were bof furry tuchin. It iz
furry special to heer bout LL frum hur hoominz view. Weze no yu miss hur
furry much an weze glad yu ar heer at da bawl.

Booker, Chappy an Snowflake

Old October 16th 11, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

"Adam" wrote in message
To my dearest Louise -- from her loving Meowme

Bless her now, the warmth she is raising
in her friends & family she has now.

Our cat named Louise lived with us!
... Oh... You all know that!

... My dearest Louise... I loved her dearly...
... Oh Louise whom I loved, I will never forget
you & am sure you will remember all your friends!

Louise was as sweet & bright as the geniuses claim :
She smiled & loved music & loved being held ---
--- A friend to all near her,
A love of Strauss Waltzes!

I cannot forget her,
those loving green eyes, sweet smile!
A quiet purr
that soothed all sadness around us!
The most special cat, with a special fondness to help
others & pass on the love she shared to help others!!!

To my loving Louise --
Your dear Meowme.

Dat'z uh mudder furr ya, awlwayz seeink da bery beztizt in hur dawtur.
We tank hur Pawpaw fur poztink diz in rememfurance ov hiz Lovabe Louise.

--
Pit.nya