Fundraiser is Shaping Up-Suggestions /Welcome!

Old August 26th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Fundraiser is Shaping Up-Suggestions /Welcome!

I am getting so excited about the "Bark in the Park" type fundraiser
we're having in Oct. It is shaping up so well I have a renewed faith in
people for all the support so far.
My booth, of course, is the "Purrfect Pet Cat Photo Contest.". I went
to a carpet store and got donated a *beautiful* peice of carpet and DH
is making the most awesome cat tree I've ever seen. It is a combo cat
tree-condo-activity center. The floor level is a turbo scratcher, there
are danglies all over (fixed with snaps so they are break=away). Three
perches, highest is over 6 feet, a little house, and a ladder. Two
sisal posts for scratching. Boots of course thinks it is for her. Total
cost of the cat tree so far has been less than $25 + turbo scratcher &
danglies. .
He's making a smaller one to raffle off also.

Other activities for the d-pet people a A walk-a-thon; a
professional photographer for d-pet pictures; personalized pet tags;
food booth; home-made pet treat booth; 5-minute massages; raffles; a
"Bark Boutique" and "Meow Mart" for shopping; onsite adoption area.
Contests for "looks most like owner", "best dressed", etc. and
microchipping.

I am so pumped about this. Everyone is donating all proceeds to the
H.S. If the weather/attendance is good, I think it has the potential to
bring in a lot of revenue. Wish us luck.

Sherry

Old August 26th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-08-26 11:45:59 -0500, said:

[...]

This sounds great!! I bet you will get a lot on the raffle alone for
the cat tree. Keep us posted. And take pictures!

Old August 26th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Karen wrote:
On 2006-08-26 11:45:59 -0500, said:

[...]

Ooo. I just re-read my post and it sounds awfully boastful. I didn't
mean to come off that way; I am just so excited. My part is just the
cat photo contest. And yes, I can't wait till the cat tree is finished
so I can show you all a picture. Right now all it is, is a carpeted
base with 3 posts sticking up! (the cats are still all over it though.
I think they *know*.

Sherry

Old August 26th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-08-26 11:45:59 -0500,
said:

[...]

It ddn't sound boastful at all! Just excited.

Old August 27th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie Cook

wrote in message
ups.com...

Karen wrote:
On 2006-08-26 11:45:59 -0500, said:

[...]

It doesn't sound boastful at all, but you should be proud. You've put a lot
of yourself into the success of this event and it sounds like it is going to
be wonderful. Can't wait to see the pictures.

When we went out of town the weekend Selena crossed the bridge our catsitter
brought a toy for the cats because she knew they would be feeling the loss.
It appeared to be a simple sock with catnip inside and tied in a knot at the
open end. It made me think of you and the fundraiser. I was thinking a
white, child's sock, decorated with a cat stamp. It would probably cost less
than 50 cents and could be sold for $1. I know our cats *loved* it....too
much unfortunately, Barnabus ate a hole in it and it had to be thrown away.

Good luck and take lots of pictures.
Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old August 29th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Sat 26 Aug 2006 12:45:59p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
roups.com):

[...]

Sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you get lots of photos at your
booth. I'd sure like to see them! Can you advertise that the
entries will be posted online on your HS site? They'd probably like
that!

Best wishes for a very successful fundraiser.

--
Cheryl