Face Off

Old October 1st 03, 02:31 AM
Tanada

Default Face Off

(Fade in) The Theme Music from "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly"

Mandy informs me that it's 6:30 and time for me to get up. I groan and
rise from my warm bed and stalk towards the bathroom only to stop short
when I see the mess on the floor.

(Focus on) Tanada sitting on the counter of the vanity staring at Merlin
who is perched on my Computer printer. Merlin is staring back. The
contents of the vanity are scattered all over the floor. Tanada still
hasn't forgiven us for being gone during the weekend.

I tip toe around the mess and use the bathroom. Rob can pick it up when
he gets up. I take my shower and walk out of the bathroom with a towel
wrapped around my middle.

(Focus on) Merlin still sitting on the printer staring at Tanada, who is
still staring back. They've apparently been like this for over 15
minutes. I scratch my head and stalk over to the bed and get dressed.
The two are still staring at each other.

I open the door to the hallway. Squeakers zips in and stops dead, sees
Tanada and Merlin staring at each other, spins around and streaks out
the door and down the hallway.

(scan to door to hallway) Three cats, Pine Cone, Squeakers, and QC are
sitting in the doorway watching the non-action on the vanity and
printer. Berfert is sitting behind them waiting his turn. I can hear
Penelope jingling her collar as she waits as well.

I walk down the hallway. I turn around at the entrance to the living
room. All of the cats except Rascal, Tanada, and Merlin are in the door
to my room watching the show down. Rascal is in the kitchen eating all
the cat food she can scarf before she is caught by the other cats.

I grab a sandwich and eat it while I am finishing packing my belongings
for work. As I walk to the front door, Merlin saunters down the hallway
and over to the food dish. He is followed by seven cats. Tanada is
still in our room. I can only assume that he won the encounter. The
rest of the cats are bowing to the master.

(Fade out)

Pam S. still wondering what all that was about this morning

Old October 1st 03, 05:04 AM
Hopitus2

We will never know what communications they receive from the
Mothership.......just be grateful they evidently consider us either
benefactors, or below a certain extermination level.....

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
: Love it, Pam!
: Christine
: "Tanada" wrote in message
: ...
: (Fade in) The Theme Music from "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly"
:

Old October 1st 03, 05:26 AM
Gizela

ROFL!!!

Now everybody thinks I am mad for laughing hysterically at my computer
screen!!!

I hope Tanada is OK with not being "topcat", for now!!

Angela and Gizmo

Old October 1st 03, 06:05 AM
JHBennett

Aye, Matey, thar's mutiny a'brewing fersure. Best arm the officers and see
to the crew's breaking the points from their dirks. Merlin could be a
reluctant follower, and Tanada likely the only one you can count on, when
they try to take the ship.
Good luck, and, should you be held for ransom, I'll be needing your
credit card number to save your life ;-)
Jack

Old October 1st 03, 10:14 AM
polonca12000

Amazing!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tanada" wrote in message
(Fade in) The Theme Music from "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly"

snip

Old October 2nd 03, 12:17 AM
Tanada

Gizela wrote:

ROFL!!!

Now everybody thinks I am mad for laughing hysterically at my computer
screen!!!

I hope Tanada is OK with not being "topcat", for now!!

Angela and Gizmo

Tanada still thinks she's top cat. The rest know better, QC is the top
cat. Merlin's status has gone up after the stare down with Tanada, and
he's getting bolder as a result.

Today we picked up a home made cat tower for them. It's six feet tall
and very spacious. As soon as we brought it into the house, six cats,
led by Merlin and QC were climbing all over it. Berfert won't have
anything to do with it, yet, and Tanada was torqued that she wasn't the
first to see it. Sucks to be her sometimes.

Pam S.
Old October 2nd 03, 10:02 AM
polonca12000

It's so nice to see kitties enjoying so much the things we bring for them,
isn't it?
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip Today we picked up a home made cat tower for them. It's six feet