A better litter scoop

Old October 22nd 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Default A better litter scoop

I ran across this at Wal-mart. In the kitchen accessary section they
have what they call a "strainer'. It is the same size and shape as the
litter scoops that the pet shops sell but it is better made and more
rugged. It sells for $3.50. The scoop section is a wire mesh that is
just the perfect size.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old October 22nd 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"---MIKE---" ...
I ran across this at Wal-mart. In the kitchen accessary section they
have what they call a "strainer'. It is the same size and shape as the
litter scoops that the pet shops sell but it is better made and more
rugged. It sells for $3.50. The scoop section is a wire mesh that is
just the perfect size.

Thanks Mike, we'll have to check that out

Kyla

Old October 23rd 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 22, 12:47�pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
I ran across this at Wal-mart. �In the kitchen accessary section they
have what they call a "strainer'. �It is the same size and shape as the
litter scoops that the pet shops sell but it is better made and more
rugged. �It sells for $3.50. �The scoop section is a wire mesh that is
just the perfect size.

� � � � � � � � � ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

� (44� 15' �N - Elevation 1580')

I think we've talked about this before, but if you ever try the
"Litter Lifter",
you'll never use another scoop. It is also very heavy duty. It's a
little
more expense, $8.50, but there's no sales tax maybe unless your within
state, and shipping and
handling are free. You can read about it at.

http://www.litter-lifter.com/
Old October 23rd 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Oct 23, 12:06 pm, Sherry wrote:
On Oct 22, 12:47 pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:

I ran across this at Wal-mart. In the kitchen accessary section they
have what they call a "strainer'. It is the same size and shape as the
litter scoops that the pet shops sell but it is better made and more
rugged. It sells for $3.50. The scoop section is a wire mesh that is
just the perfect size.

---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

(44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I think we've talked about this before, but if you ever try the
"Litter Lifter",
you'll never use another scoop. It is also very heavy duty. It's a
little
more expense, $8.50, but there's no sales tax maybe unless your within
state, and shipping and
handling are free. You can read about it at.

http://www.litter-lifter.com/

I have one that cost a buck+ from Target that looks very much like the
illustration given...and just the other day saw them still for sale on
rack nearby a high-shelf bag of cat food I wanted; grabbed one off
rack
and used it as a pusher to snag the bag, as Tar-jzhay (sophisticate
French pronunciation, LOL) where I live rarely has any "associates" to
grab something taller than I am....

I guarantee the "Litter Lifter" scoop that Sherry showed is completely
different. They look the same, but this one is exceptionally sturdy and the
"tines" are wedge shaped. I have never seen another scoop that worked the
same way. Lift a clump of litter and the clean litter will drop through but
*without shaking* the scoop. Shaking a scoop causes some of the litter to
break off, and some dirty litter falls through. This one just causes the
clean litter to fall through by itself. I use much less litter and change
it less frequently since I changed to this item -- without dirty litter in
the pan, the possibility of odor is eliminated or greatly reduced.

MaryL

Old October 24th 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:47:52 -0400, ---MIKE--- wrote:

I ran across this at Wal-mart. In the kitchen accessary section they have
what they call a "strainer'. It is the same size and shape as the litter
scoops that the pet shops sell but it is better made and more rugged. It
sells for $3.50. The scoop section is a wire mesh that is just the
perfect size.

Mainstays, Coarse Strainer? I bought one today. It's much smaller than
a regular litter scoop, but that turned out to be an advantage: I have
three very large, very deep pans (35 quart storage boxes (I throw the lids
away) with 30 - 40 pounds of litter), and getting to the bottom has always
been a pain, sometimes resulting in a broken scoop - this gets to the
bottom easily, and the whole process seems just a bit quicker.

I did bend the shaft a bit to make it easier tostart next to the wall.

--

T.E.D. ) MST (Missouri University of Science and Technology)
used to be UMR (University of Missouri - Rolla).