Boyfie, any undate?

Old January 29th 14, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_2_]

Default Boyfie, any undate?

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 1/29/2014 12:06 PM, news wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

"ann791" wrote in message
How is Boyfie doing?

Ann

(snippage)
Chine House Veterinary Hospital put him on their Facebook page last
night -
you have to like their page to see his story and scroll down a bit)

Do you know if I have to re-activate my Facebook account to see this?
I'd really rather not.

I was able to see it, even before I logged in, and didn’t have to "like"
the page to see it either.
I did "like" the post though once I logged in. So give it a try.

I need a viable link. Anyone have one?

https://www.facebook.com/Chinehousevets

He's on the right, scroll down.

Old January 29th 14, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

"ann791" wrote in message
How is Boyfie doing?

Ann

(snippage)
Chine House Veterinary Hospital put him on their Facebook page last
night -
you have to like their page to see his story and scroll down a bit)

Do you know if I have to re-activate my Facebook account to see this?
I'd really rather not.

I was able to see it, even before I logged in, and didn’t have to "like"
the page to see it either.
I did "like" the post though once I logged in. So give it a try.

I need a viable link. Anyone have one? Otherwise, if I search on
Facebook it wants me to Log In. That will reactivate my account. Nope,
not gonna do that.

Jill

Try this link.

Old January 29th 14, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

news wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"ann791" wrote in message
How is Boyfie doing?

Ann

Chine House Veterinary Hospital put him on their Facebook page last night -
you have to like their page to see his story and scroll down a bit)

Wow! He was really sliced up! He looks so pitiful in the first pic :-((((((
I'm so glad he's getting back to his old self!

Poor Boyfie! He's lucky, though - if one can say that about a cat who
was so badly injured - that you have such a wonderful vet practice!

--
Joyce

Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own
sensuality, we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old January 30th 14, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

"ann791" wrote in message
How is Boyfie doing?

Ann

(snippage)
Chine House Veterinary Hospital put him on their Facebook page last
night -
you have to like their page to see his story and scroll down a bit)

Do you know if I have to re-activate my Facebook account to see this?
I'd really rather not.

I was able to see it, even before I logged in, and didn’t have to "like"
the page to see it either.
I did "like" the post though once I logged in. So give it a try.

I need a viable link. Anyone have one?

https://www.facebook.com/Chinehousevets

He's on the right, scroll down.

Thank you. Gosh, I knew it was a horrible wound but wow.

I'm so glad he's still with us. Sweet Boyfie.

Jill
Old January 30th 14, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"ann791" wrote in message
"ann791" wrote in message
How is Boyfie doing?

Ann

Hi, Ann

I thought I'd wait until today until I'd taken him to have his stitches
out
and let you all know what the vet said.

His wounds have healed quote "beautifully", his abdomen palpates normal
and
the vet is absolutely thrilled with his progress.
We had quite a long conversation about whether he ought to be allowed out
yet i.e. does he need to "take it easy?" and the vet said that that no,
he
will pace himself about what he feels like doing and if he wanted to, he
could go out as soon as he got home and there was no danger of his wounds
"coming undone" even if he jumped my 5 foot gate or went up a tree.
So of course he *did* want to go out when he got home. I went out with
him.
He only went to the shed and the nearest tree (not far), rubbed his
cheeks
around them to re-establish his territory near the house and then came
back
in. An hour later, he wanted out again so I let him. This time he was
out
for an hour. Stayed in for several hours and wanted out again twenty
minutes ago, allowed.

My heart will be in my mouth for a long time until he comes in safely
each
time but he hated staying in and even more loathed using a litter box.
There is no reason why I should keep him in (except for my peace of mind)
as
the vet says "let him out now if he wants to." And he does want to.
It's so hard. I'm scared to let him out in case something happens again
although logically I know it won't. He's been out and about for 10 years
and I don't want to keep him in prison (that's what it would be for him)

Chine House Veterinary Hospital put him on their Facebook page last
night -
you have to like their page to see his story and scroll down a bit)

I cannot thank David Blow enough for saving my beloved Boyfriend and also
the fact that they are a 24/7, 365/12 practice.
I thanked him again today and he said "it was a pleasure"

That Boyfie can recover so well after less than two weeks is nothing less
than a miracle. If you see him on the vet's Facebook page you will agree.

Power of the purr does it again.

Tweed

I went to the facebook page. You have a wonderful vet and Boyfie is on
lucky kitty. I think he is down to eight lives. Continued purrs for his
recovery.

Ann

Thanks.

Tweed

Old January 30th 14, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"ann791" wrote in message
How is Boyfie doing?

Ann

(snippage)
Chine House Veterinary Hospital put him on their Facebook page last
night -
you have to like their page to see his story and scroll down a bit)

Do you know if I have to re-activate my Facebook account to see this? I'd
really rather not.

Jill

So don't do it.
Tweed

Old January 30th 14, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Irulan" wrote in message
I am active on Facebook but could not get into Chine House Veterinary
page to look at Boyfriend's pic. Is he on their website? That I can get
to.

If you can get to their website click on Liked and you will see him on the
right if you scroll down.
Tweed

Old January 30th 14, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

"ann791" wrote in message
How is Boyfie doing?

Ann

(snippage)
Chine House Veterinary Hospital put him on their Facebook page last
night -
you have to like their page to see his story and scroll down a bit)

Do you know if I have to re-activate my Facebook account to see this?
I'd really rather not.

I was able to see it, even before I logged in, and didn't have to "like"
the page to see it either.
I did "like" the post though once I logged in. So give it a try.

I need a viable link. Anyone have one?

https://www.facebook.com/Chinehousevets

He's on the right, scroll down.

Thank you. Gosh, I knew it was a horrible wound but wow.

I'm so glad he's still with us. Sweet Boyfie.

Jill

I visited my aunt & uncle today and didn't even mention it. because I knew
what my aunt would say if she knew how much it cost to save him. Which
would be "have him put down and get another cat instead"
Well, he sure did bust the bank account for this. but hey, it's only money
and have had some help from rpca folks which is a wonderful thing.
Tweed

Old January 31st 14, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
news wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"ann791" wrote in message
How is Boyfie doing?

Ann

Chine House Veterinary Hospital put him on their Facebook page last
night -
you have to like their page to see his story and scroll down a bit)

Wow! He was really sliced up! He looks so pitiful in the first pic
:-((((((
I'm so glad he's getting back to his old self!

Poor Boyfie! He's lucky, though - if one can say that about a cat who
was so badly injured - that you have such a wonderful vet practice!

He was unlucky to get injured and extremely lucky to have a fantastic vet
that operated on him at 1 a.m and phoned me at 3 a.m. to say he's survived.
He knew I'd be awake worrying and of course I was. Stayed up until 5 a.m.
recovering from the shock of seeing his injury.