Payment Methods for Boyfriend

Old January 20th 14, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default Payment Methods for Boyfriend

I received the reply below to my inquiry about contributing to
Boyfriend's account..
I also responded with a question about another option with:
"I will do one of the below if I cannot do the following:
I was hoping that I could email you with my Visa credit card number.
I would also alert the credit card company to expect and accept one
charge and the amount of that charge. Would that be another possible
option?
It would be an excellent option as well for the several other
American friends
who would like to contribute.
======
For those 'on the other side of the pond' this original reply
from Chine House would probably work well:

If you do wish to make a payment towards the veterinary fees for
Boyfriend then you can do this by the following means:

By bank transfer :
Account : Chine House Veterinary Hospital
BIC: RBOS GB 2L
IBAN: GB98 RBOS1624 2311 2343 00
Reference: Boyfriend

By credit card:
Telephone 01509 814505, our accounts office is open from 8.30 am to
4.30pm (UK time)

We would like to let Boyfriends mum know about any payments we receive
so please would you mind sending us an email if you do make a payment so
that we can forward this on.

Please be advised that the bank and/or credit card company may make a
charge for an International payment/receipt.

Kind Regards, Cathy

Old January 21st 14, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default Payment Methods for Boyfriend..another option

Hi Sylvia
You could e-mail your card details & the amount
but it would be better if you rang for security reasons
Regards
Audrey
----
This reply was in my email this morning....
I'll have to do the math re timing...
Hmm: "By credit card:
Telephone 01509 814505, our accounts office is
open from 8.30 am to 4.30pm (UK time)"

Hope This Helps someone?

Sylvia
---

Old January 22nd 14, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

I was not able to access the telephone number so I went to my bank and made a wire transfer to the vet. This was more expensive but safer than using my credit card. I hope that now that boyfriend is recovering, that Christina will keep him inside.
Old January 22nd 14, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

Old January 22nd 14, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mike Mayers" wrote in message
I was not able to access the telephone number so I went to my bank and made
a wire transfer to the vet. This was more expensive but safer than using
my credit card. I hope that now that boyfriend is recovering, that
Christina will keep him inside.

What, for ever? No way.

Old January 22nd 14, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Mike Mayers wrote:

I was not able to access the telephone number so I went to my bank and made a wire transfer to the vet. This was more expensive but safer than using my credit card. I hope that now that boyfriend is recovering, that Christina will keep him inside.

I doubt that will ever work! He's not a cat who will stand for being kept
inside. I know, I used to have a cat like that! They make you, themselves,
and everyone within earshot utterly miserable until you open that door.

--
Joyce

The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.
-- Paula Poundstone
Old January 22nd 14, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Mike Mayers" wrote in message
I was not able to access the telephone number so I went to my bank and made
a wire transfer to the vet. This was more expensive but safer than using
my credit card. I hope that now that boyfriend is recovering, that
Christina will keep him inside.

What, for ever? No way.

First of all, Thank You, Mike! for making a contribution to Boyfie's care.

Tweed, Mike is fairly new here. He doesn't know Boyfie's history.

Jill
Old January 22nd 14, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Mike Mayers wrote:

I was not able to access the telephone number so I went to my bank and
made a wire transfer to the vet. This was more expensive but safer than
using my credit card. I hope that now that boyfriend is recovering,
that Christina will keep him inside.

I doubt that will ever work! He's not a cat who will stand for being kept
inside. I know, I used to have a cat like that! They make you, themselves,
and everyone within earshot utterly miserable until you open that door.

--
Joyce

He would die of miserableness if I kept him inside. This is one off accident
that will never happen to a cat here normally. so much so that my vet has
taken pics of him and is going to do a study about it.
The minute he has his stitches out (Monday) he'll be allowed out again.
UK is not USA.
He's fed up already with being in. He moans at the door every few minutes
but I have to say no. He can't believe I refuse him, he thinks I haven't
understood his request.

Old January 23rd 14, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"The Other Guy" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 03:34:41 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

He's fed up already with being in. He moans at the door every few minutes
but I have to say no. He can't believe I refuse him, he thinks I haven't
understood his request.

GLyN is the same, he won't tolerate being kept inside, and he gets
seriously upset, and starts knocking things down off shelves and such,
looking for a way to get out.

Not frantic like some cats I've had, but just absolutely insistent
that he MUST be outside.

He has gotten left inside a few times when he came in as I was going
out, and I didn't have time to drag him back outside.

When I got home, and opened the door, he shot out like he was being
chased by rabid gophers.

But I KNOW he'll do it again, one of these days.

Boyfie would not dream of knocking things off shelves and he likes being in
most of the time (even if I am out) but in his opinion toileting should be
done outside. If at all possible.
He can go out next Monday after his stitches are out. I discussed it with
the vet yesterday "should I keep him in forever now he had this bad injury?"
He said no, it was once in a million thing and cats (here in UK) "do better
if they are allowed out"
Which was what I wanted to hear. Boyfriend is miserable being an inside cat.
And yes I realise that it is very unsafe in the some parts of the USA to let
cats out and I'm not saying a word about the choice anyone makes there, but
KFC spent a lot of her considerable years outside and never came to harm and
Boyfie has been in and out since 2003 perfectly safely.
It was a one off freak accident. I wish I knew how it happened, but I
don't. Luckily, as I said, he only goes out for a while, maybe 1-2 hours so
I was looking for him to come in as he'd missed his "sprinkles" of dry which
he likes to have at 10 pm. I wished I'd looked out for him at 10.30 but
didn't until 11.

Tweed