speakin of meow chat

Old April 4th 10, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default speakin of meow chat

I would love that recipe too.
"Stormmee" wrote in message
yes please, i love citrus anything, soft
"Christine BA" wrote in message
4.4.2010 15:38, Stormmee kirjoitti:
da soft sayz furget uses send dat fudz rite ofur, anna recipe fur dat
kake,
Trudi

the recipe is in Finnish. I'd have to translate it for you. but I can do
that if you want.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Old April 4th 10, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

*behind herown paw* anna you mite makeit rite, NOT like sum girl hoominz in
DIZ howze... trudi
"Granby" wrote in message
I would love that recipe too.

Old April 4th 10, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Christine BA[_3_]

4.4.2010 16:09, Stormmee kirjoitti:
yes please, i love citrus anything, soft

OK, here goes.
Disclaimer: I'm not a professional translator like Marina.
Disclaimer 2: I don't use Imperial measures, but decilitres and grams,
centigrades not Fahrenheit, and decimal commas not decimal points.

***********

Lemony Layer cake (15 servings à 170 g)

Cake base:
4 eggs
1.5 dl castor sugar
1,5 dl flour
0,5 dl potato flour (potato starch?)
1 tsp baking powder

Lemon curd:
3 eggs
2 dl castor sugar
grated peel/rind of one lemon (just the yellow part)
1 dl lemon juice
50 g butter (I used margarine and it was ok)

Moistening:
2 dl orange juice (I used the juice of the tinned fruit)

Filling and icing:
1 tin (820 g) peach halves in syrup
2 dl whipping cream
2 tsp vanilla sugar

Decorating:
1 dl lemon curd
fruits of choice, for example grapes, kiwifruit, peach slices etc.

Grease a flat cake dish (3 litre volume) and cover with bread crumbs to
keep cake from sticking to it. Whip eggs and sugar to a firm foam.
Combine dry ingredients and fold gently into the egg-sugar foam. Pour
batter into cake dish and bake in 175 degrees centigrade on the lowest
level of the oven for about 30 minutes. Check that cake is done. Allow
cake to cool a bit before taking it out of the dish.

Crack the room tempered eggs into a thick bottomed pot. Add sugar, lemon
zest and juice. Heat the mixture while mixing/beating thoroughly along
the bottom of the pot until the mixture boils up. Move the pot
immediately from the burner and continue to mix it for a bit. Add the
room tempered butter (or margarine) in dollops while mixing. Put the pot
into some cold water to allow the mixture to cool.

Drain and cut up the tinned peaches into small cubes, but leave a couple
of peaches for decorating.

Beat the cream and season with vanilla sugar. Leave about 1 dl of the
lemon curd for decorating the cake and add the rest to the whipped cream.

Cut the cake into three layers. Put the bottom layer onto the serving
plate. Moisten the layer with the juice of choise. Spread the layer with
peach cubes and the mixture of whipped cream and lemon curd. Moisten and
fill the next layer in the same manner. Leave about one third of the
cream mixture to decorate the sides of the cake. Moisten the top layer
of cake and place it on top of the others. Put a cutting board on top of
the cake for a while (to make it even).

Spread the remaining lemon curd on top of the cake. Slice the remaining
peaches, kiwi fruit and other fruits and arrange them on top of the
cake. Cover the sides of the cake with the cream, for example by using a
piping bag or just slapping it on. Refrigerate the cake covered. The
cake is at its best the following day.

Tip!
The lemon curd can also be used as filling in bisquits or on toast. It
keeps for about a week in the refrigerator.

**********

Whew!! Hope it's understandable enough and results in a cake...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Old April 4th 10, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan M

I have no problems reading the ICHC captions, but when kitties here have
a lot to say, it gets trickier... It's like I have to read stuff out
loud sometimes to get the meaning of it.

Don't feel bad, Christine. I've been doing this for years and still
sometimes have to look at a passage for a couple of minutes to figure it
out.

Dan
Old April 4th 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Yez anna when ur hooman tranzladetz dat so da dumb gramby kan know what ta
do, her will gain da same mount. It souonds wonderful.

Old April 4th 10, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Me too but, I wouldn't trade the fun I have had in doing this and, I always
read out loud when it comes to meowchatter.

Old April 4th 10, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

"Christine BA"
4.4.2010 0:47, Stacey kirjoitti:
Okay, a little digging and this is what I found:

http://rpcc.clowder.org/history.html

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...20/petscol.DTL

http://www2.potsdam.edu/stillwam/JB/beginning.html

It looks like Meowchat started in 1995 on the newsgroup rec.pets.cats,
before the newsgroup split into the hierarchies we have today.

Anti Stacey

Thanks for the links, Anti Stacey. I'll check them out.

Sew will Iiiiiii, fank yerownelf vury mutch fur dem
Wuffs
Mosey

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Old April 4th 10, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Kyla =^..^=[_6_]

Oh, that sunds so good...Kyla

"Christine BA"
4.4.2010 1:05, Stormmee kirjoitti:
ifin you wantsa dinner at owrz howze tonite its gonna be lamb wif
vegetablez, amm mahapz macarni anna cheeze, Trudi

Thanks for the invitation. We had a Tunisian couscous, prepared by my DH,
and a fruit and lemon curd cake, prepared by me, which we enjoyed together
with my parents and brother. My bro's gonna move to the UK for a while and
he's leaving on Monday, so it was a combined Easter and going-away dinner.

Laku isn't much interested in the spicy food DH makes, nor citrus fruits
on the cake, so it wasn't his kind of dinner.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Old April 4th 10, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Yes it is..I went to alt.cats to put up a post in 2007 about our 19 year old
kitty, Mutt, who went to RB on his own and got totally ignored.
Then someone e-mailed me and suggested RPCA, which worked out fine for
awhile,
and them Mosey (a kitty) found 'here' and we like it here best
Love
Anti Kyla
Mosey Pookie, Sqweex and Pipps

history is always good to know, soft
"Adam"

yez i thinkz sum hoomin telleda soft dat da meowchat wuz one offa rezunz
fur
da split, Trudi

Probably me. Things were getting a little unpleasant in rec.pets.cats --
mainly the meowchat, but also the sheer volume of posts. There were
discussions on the best ways to split up rpc, but I think everyone wanted
to move meowchat to its own newsgroup, especially those who didn't like
it. I remember I wasn't too fond of the name "rec.pets.cats.community"
for the meowchat newsgroup, but I voted for it anyway just to get the
arguing over with and the split done. We were dealing with rec.* here,
not alt.*, so the rules for proposals, comments, and finally a vote had
to be followed. Even though this was considerably more work than just
creating some alt.* groups, the consensus was that it was worth the
effort to get it into one of the "big eight" because not everyone had (or
has) access to all the alt.* groups.

Adam

Chat chat chat 4/18/2009 Evening EDT jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 April 19th 09 03:13 AM
speakin of D*Gz Stormmee Cat community 2 February 23rd 09 11:49 PM
MEOW Puppy Love Cats - misc 0 November 29th 07 02:52 AM
Meow, said the cat... Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 2 February 7th 06 12:19 AM
Meow Mix CD Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 12 May 23rd 04 06:13 PM