How Well Do Cats Remember?

Old September 8th 04, 02:29 PM
sculley

Default How Well Do Cats Remember?

"Iain Scott-Halder" wrote in message
Yes, but your cat WILL be remembered by them when the vets & nurses
talk together about the kittens & cats they have treated ... PRISSY
has left a memorable impression behind her so she did well.

Iain

It's kind of funny when I think about it, but my late Prissy had a
similar notation in her chart at the clinic where I started taking her
in her later years. They have a paging system, and frequently after
they had taken her back I would hear them page a vet tech to the exam
room where the vet was treating her to help get things done. :-) In a
way, I felt like she was misunderstood by the staff because she was
such a lovey dovey cat except when she had to go to the vet. They
remember her as being "full of **** and vinegar" (the phrase one of
the techs used when trying to put a positive spin on her antics). She
actually developed a reputation among the clinic staff and that's how
everyone there remembers her. I have to admit it frustrates me a
little bit that their only memory of her is of a diminutive hellcat.

'o' Rescued Cats & Kittens Needing Homes 'o' www.celiahammond.org

'o'

I agree. When my Hobbs was going thru cancer .He put up with soooo much and
he was so calm about it ,till the end .And then he said he had enough and
then was full of **** and vinegar as it's said. He even fought the euth.
There wasen't a dry eye in the room. He was a brave cat and he didn't like
to lose. We all had been thru so much together ,the vets and us. I got a
real nice card and everyone wrote how they would remember and miss him . So
yes she will be REMEMBERED. So she made a place in each one she touched in
your clinic. Those are the GREAT ones that do that not the ones who pass
through silently . Be glad for that. .....