wacky dreams ...

Old July 22nd 05, 05:01 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default wacky dreams ...

Oscar's tummy was really upset last night -- at first I thought we had
an intruder in the house, but it turned out to be noises from her
belly! Weird, as she's been eating the same food as usual.
Actually, she didn't eat her food last night ... This morning,
though, she was doing laps of zoomies and emulating a herd of
elephants, so I think she's feeling much better.

Anyway, when I'm stressed, it's not unusual for me to dream that my
pets (real or imagined) aren't being well-cared for. Last night I
dreamed ...

Not only was Oscar's tummy upset, but she had rashes and sores all
over her body, with hair missing in big clumps.

In the dream, I called her vet only to find out the facility was being
shut down by a government agency for some sort of heinous malpractice.

I had two hamsters, both of which I'd forgotten about, and were
dehydrated and starving. One was dead, but then he was alive again.
I kept trying to give them food and water, but something kept going
wrong. (Forgetting I have hamsters to care for is a common dream
element for me when I'm stressed.)

No, I'm not feeling stressed and overwhelmed at all, why do you ask?

Predictably, I woke feeling about as rested as if I'd stayed up all
night.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 22nd 05, 05:06 PM
Karen

I hate pet dreams. They are always in trouble and you always can do nothing
about it. Ugh. Oddly enough, I dreamed that I met Tim Robbins last night.
Very odd.

Old July 22nd 05, 08:29 PM
Christina Websell

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

snip
Anyway, when I'm stressed, it's not unusual for me to dream that my
pets (real or imagined) aren't being well-cared for. Last night I
dreamed ...

Not only was Oscar's tummy upset, but she had rashes and sores all
over her body, with hair missing in big clumps.

In the dream, I called her vet only to find out the facility was being
shut down by a government agency for some sort of heinous malpractice.

I had two hamsters, both of which I'd forgotten about, and were
dehydrated and starving. One was dead, but then he was alive again.
I kept trying to give them food and water, but something kept going
wrong. (Forgetting I have hamsters to care for is a common dream
element for me when I'm stressed.)

I have these distressing pet dreams too, fairly often. Once I dreamt that I
was driving towards my house and saw a plane falling from the sky to crash
and explode on top of kennels where I knew all my dogs were. That one woke
me up screaming and crying.
I often dream, like you just did, that I am supposed to be looking after
animals/birds and realised I forgot to, and some are dead when I remember.
It's horrible isn't it?
I can't remember the last time I had a nice dream.

Tweed

Old July 22nd 05, 08:42 PM
W. Leong

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

snip
[...]

On a similar note, there was a fire recently in a mall across the river
in Aylmer. The whole mall was destroyed including a pet store or
kennel. All the animals couldn't be saved. I felt very bad about it.
Next time I board Rusty at the vet, there will be another thing for me to
worry about .
Then there was this float plane that flipped over in a lake in this area.
The pilot was rescued and eventually died. Again they couldn't save
his dog.
Don't know why I kept hearing these tragedies. Better stop watching
the news on TV.

Winnie

Old July 23rd 05, 04:11 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-07-22, Christina Websell penned:

I have these distressing pet dreams too, fairly often. Once I dreamt that I
was driving towards my house and saw a plane falling from the sky to crash
and explode on top of kennels where I knew all my dogs were. That one woke
me up screaming and crying.

Oh, that's horrible! I hate that moment where you wake up crying ...
sometimes thinking what you'd dreamed is real, but sometimes I wake up
crying and don't know why ... in some ways that is the worst.

I often dream, like you just did, that I am supposed to be looking after
animals/birds and realised I forgot to, and some are dead when I remember.
It's horrible isn't it?

Yes. I think it must be the way I internalize the feeling of having
more to do than I can get done. I wish I'd at least dream of plants
dying, or better yet, maybe dishes left undone. Sigh.

I can't remember the last time I had a nice dream.

=/ Perhaps you just don't remember them?

I'm sure I've had nice dreams recently, but I can't recall them,
either.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 23rd 05, 04:39 AM
jmcquown

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
Anyway, when I'm stressed, it's not unusual for me to dream that my
pets (real or imagined) aren't being well-cared for. Last night I
dreamed ...

Not only was Oscar's tummy upset, but she had rashes and sores all
over her body, with hair missing in big clumps.

In the dream, I called her vet only to find out the facility was being
shut down by a government agency for some sort of heinous malpractice.

I had two hamsters, both of which I'd forgotten about, and were
dehydrated and starving. One was dead, but then he was alive again.
I kept trying to give them food and water, but something kept going
wrong. (Forgetting I have hamsters to care for is a common dream
element for me when I'm stressed.)

Oh my, that's not at all pleasant!

When I'm stressed I tend to dream I'm going to work and either can't find or
can't *get to* my office for some reason or another because it's blocked by
weird passages or was moved and I don't know where it is. Those dreams
usually occur with the office being located in either a shopping mall or a
school, which doesn't make a lot of sense but there you have it.

Sometimes I have the "telephone dream" where there is a dire emergency but
my fingers simply won't dial the phone correctly to get help for whatever
the emergency is.

I don't recall ever having a bad dream involving my pets. They must be one
of the least stressful things in my life.

Jill

Kitty Dreams jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 May 7th 05 05:38 AM
Vino dreams badwilson Cat anecdotes 1 March 6th 05 05:35 PM
[OT] odd dreams ... Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 2 January 28th 05 07:35 PM
Cat dreams ceb Cat health & behaviour 64 November 3rd 04 09:21 AM
Cat Dreams CatNipped Cat anecdotes 3 August 18th 04 09:33 PM