Holiday card list

Old August 29th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie Cook

Default Holiday card list

It is almost September 1 which means I should be working on the holiday
card list if you would like for me to do it again this year. I'm more
than willing to do it. I don't think there were any problems last year,
but if you'd rather someone else do it just let me know.

Julie

Old August 30th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:06:30 -0400, Julie Cook wrote:

It is almost September 1 which means I should be working on the holiday
card list if you would like for me to do it again this year. I'm more
than willing to do it. I don't think there were any problems last year,
but if you'd rather someone else do it just let me know.

Julie

I think you did a fine job last year.

Old August 30th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-08-29 17:06:30 -0500, Julie Cook said:

It is almost September 1 which means I should be working on the holiday
card list if you would like for me to do it again this year. I'm more
than willing to do it. I don't think there were any problems last year,
but if you'd rather someone else do it just let me know.

Julie

I'm in. You did great!

Old August 30th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pmendhall

"Julie Cook" wrote in message
It is almost September 1 which means I should be working on the holiday
card list if you would like for me to do it again this year. I'm more
than willing to do it. I don't think there were any problems last year,
but if you'd rather someone else do it just let me know.

I think you did a fine job last year. Thanks for volunteering again.

Diane

Old August 30th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

On 2006-08-29 17:06:30 -0500, Julie Cook said:

It is almost September 1 which means I should be working on the
holiday card list if you would like for me to do it again this year.
I'm more than willing to do it. I don't think there were any problems
last year, but if you'd rather someone else do it just let me know.

Julie

I'm in. You did great!

Me, too! Thanks, Julie!

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 30th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie Cook

"Julie Cook" wrote in message
It is almost September 1 which means I should be working on the holiday
card list if you would like for me to do it again this year.

All right, I'll get started on it right away. Well, I'll get started on it
next week since this weekend is holiday and we're going to be traveling.
Lacey has improved 90% from where she was just Saturday so I've decided I
can go with DH to Topeka, KS for a race. When I get back I'll send out the
first call for addresses.

For those who are new to the group and unfamiliar with our ritual, each year
between December and January we exchange holiday cards with anyone who would
like to join. Sometimes it extends several month past January. We have two
lists: The first list includes the names and addresses of everyone who
agrees to exchange cards. Then we have a second list of those people who,
for various reasons, are unable to send cards this year but would love to
receive a card if you are so inclined. Actually there are three lists
because we have one list that includes families of members who have crossed
the bridge and we always add them to the list, there are one or two who are
not well enough to send cards so we include them on list as well. Sometimes
you try to get off the list but the "regulars" refuse to let that happen and
you end up on a short list of people you know well.

Cards are, for the most part, cat themed and many of them include things
inside. Things is the best way to describe some of the stuff that arrives.
You might get cat hair or kibbles. Last year my cats got a great present
from someone who lurks - they got plastic tie wraps used to tie wire and
cords. They thought those were better than the ribbons on the gifts we gave
them.

This is great fun as I'm sure many of the regulars here will tell you and
explain in the next few weeks. Come on everyone lets tell stories of going
to the mailbox every day and finding envelopes and cards from all over the
world. Lets have a really great participation this year.

I'll use the list and email addresses I have from last year to send out the
initial call for addresses. Anyone wanting to be added to the list that is
not already there, send me your mailing address as well as a valid email
address. Anyone submitting an address that is not a regular on the list
will have to be approved by those people who have participated for a number
of years. We do not want to share your addresses with trolls. I'll be very
careful with your addresses and who gets on the list. I'd like to shoot for
having a mostly final list by the 3rd Monday in November.

Please use my personal email address which is
GaDragonfly (at) Comcast (dot) net

Julie

Old August 30th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Anonymous

Sent via http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org
Old August 30th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Anonymous

Old August 30th 06, 07:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
:-\)Liz

Me three! I'm in for another year:-) Liz