Wisconsin voting on hunting free roaming domestic cats (not joking)

Old March 7th 05, 05:10 AM

Default Wisconsin voting on hunting free roaming domestic cats (not joking)

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=3037721

Old March 7th 05, 05:25 AM
Mary

wrote in message
http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=3037721

It'll never fly.

Old March 7th 05, 05:47 AM

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=3037721

"Mary" wrote:
It'll never fly.

Probably not, but it sure is a symptom of small dick complex to want
to shoot animals while sitting on the porch swing.

-mhd
Old March 7th 05, 05:51 AM

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=3037721

Check this out :-)

http://66.109.186.56/~ryan/catsniper.jpg

Old March 7th 05, 05:58 AM
Mary

"Mary" wrote:
It'll never fly.

Probably not, but it sure is a symptom of small dick complex to want
to shoot animals while sitting on the porch swing.

Yep. And that is an understatement. Bet there are a bunch
of Wisconsonians (?!) who love animals up in arms. Or at
least I hope there is.

Old March 7th 05, 05:58 AM
Mary

wrote in message

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=3037721

Check this out :-)

http://66.109.186.56/~ryan/catsniper.jpg

Heh. I think he has a hunter in a red plaid
hat in his sites.

Old March 9th 05, 12:46 AM
Larry R Harrison Jr

I support Wisconsin's move.

Look I have 3 cats and except for the occasional irritation from where
they've hopped onto places I don't like them hopping onto--and even that
I've managed to break them from doing lately--or in hiding constantly (also
something they now don't do anymore), I like them a lot, and would NOT want
anyone shooting at them. But I live in an apartment and they are kept
strictly indoors.

The urge that some feel towards shooting an offending cat--this wouldn't be
an issue if the victim's neighbor would control their animals. Too often
they don't, even when they're warned of the problem; they think everyone
around them is just supposed to put up with the problems their pet is
bringing. No wonder some feel the need to shoot.

And really, where I grew up was in a very rural setting, and it was nothing
for people to shoot stray animals with their pistol or rifle; in fact, my
own mother, herself a very strong cat lover, though nothing of doing it,
especially if the animal was a dog. If a stray dog or cat--usually dog--was
bothering your own pets or getting in the trash, you shot it--that was it.
No problems. No need to involve animal control, you handled it yourself.

If someone has a cat or dog bothering them in anyway with regards to the
animal trespassing into another's yard and creating problems, the victim
should be able to do whatever they have to do to remedy the problem. Period.
Now they of course should first let the neighbor know of the issues and give
the neighbor a chance to rectify it--to control their animals. But if they
fail to, the victim shouldn't have to indefinitely keep having to put up
with the problems bought on by the offending animal.

Of course it's not the animal's fault, it's the fault of the irresponsible
owner. But the victim needs a quick remedy without endless visits or waiting
on hold on the phone dealing with animal control if they can handle the
problem themselves. It's simply a case of speedy rectification; shooting is
a lot quicker than all the legwork one would have to do to have animal
control handle things.

And if the owner doesn't want their cat or dog shot, they should take
responsibility for their animal and control it. There is no excuses, not
even "I can't help what they do when I'm not home." No excuses, period.

So--by all means, try & reason with your neighbor first. But if they won't
listen to reason, I say--bang bang bang.

LRH

Old March 9th 05, 06:47 AM

Man. You'd lose your cookies on my block. There's about a dozen
free-roaming cats. Around here, we feed 'em and pet him when they stop
by.
Sometimes I'm really happy to live where I live :

Old March 9th 05, 01:49 PM
Larry R Harrison Jr

wrote in message
ps.com...
Man. You'd lose your cookies on my block. There's about a dozen
free-roaming cats. Around here, we feed 'em and pet him when they stop
by.
Sometimes I'm really happy to live where I live :

Actually, I'd be fine with it--as long as they didn't hop on the hood of my
car after I had just paid someone to wash & wax it, or go in my trash. If
that were the case I'd be fine with it--and maybe even enjoy it as you do.

LRH

Old March 16th 05, 04:31 PM

I'll shoot them too (but only by staying in the legal shooting
restrictions in the area)