Is it wrong to want another purebred?

Old April 4th 05, 10:38 PM
Steve G

Mary wrote:
"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

(...)

The exception proves the rule, but the rule remains intact.

Steve.

Bull****. There is no such rule.

(...)
I cannot imagine why you ever even appeared marginally intelligent to

me.
Must have been a virus. Dickhead.

Suggest you reread my post, but this time engage a couple of brain
cells. You might then understand what I said, rather than replying to
what you think I said, or what you would like me to have said.

The reason I might have appeared 'marginally intelligent' to you would
be on the occasions I've agreed with you. You have a problem when
others disagree with you (see about 50% of the threads here), and your
ability to defend a PoV is limited to your ability to chuck around
insults. All grist to the mill.

Steve.

Old April 4th 05, 10:45 PM
Steve G

Steve G wrote:

(...)

I wonder to what extent this is true? If purebreds cost the same as
mogs, what would happen to (relative) ownership rates of the two?
Purely a bit of mental wanking, I guess, given that this will never
happen.

I think purebred ownership would probably rise, if I had to tell the
honest truth. There are people out there who simply like to say "I

have
a Cornish Rex".... "I have an American Curl"...or whatever. It's a
status symbol for them.

Ah yes, but if the status symbol aspect really is important, then this
would decrease if purebreds were freely available - purebreds would
both be cheap (so no status there) and more common than the few % of
the cat population they constitute at the moment (ditto).

Still, I think the purebred proportion probably would increase - maybe
things would go more the way of dogs, where breed seems to be more
important for owners (than in the cat world). Got to say, I don't think
the 'status symbol' is the key for most PB owners - well apart from
those who show, where the 'status' is the key, by definition. I don't
know of anyone who is 'impressed' by an expensive cat, although I don't
move in any rarified cat-fondler circles.

BTW, I have a purebred. I got him from a kitten
mill bust. A filthy houseful of Applehead Siamese. Except this one
kitten, who looks Siamese, but was long-haired. When I"m feeling
particularly pretentious, I say "I have a Balinese." :-)

You can call any big, longhaired tabby a Maine Coon, and hardly anyone
will tell you otherwise...

Perm your cat, call it Rex.

Or just shave yer pussy and call it a Sphynx. Ummm. If you see what I
mean.

Steve.

Old April 4th 05, 10:48 PM
Steve G

Ashley wrote:
(...)
No they're not! We are encouraged to keep them indoors at night -

because
it's safer for the cat and safer for the ecosystem - and we are

encouraged
to keep em away from ecologically sensitive areas,

OK - a partial truth from me.

Steve.

Old April 4th 05, 10:56 PM
Mary

"Steve G" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mary wrote:
"Phil P." wrote in message
link.net...

"Ashley" wrote in message
news

(...)
Don't trip over yourself in that attempt to get that brilliant
thought of yours out, Phil

Naa, I just pay very little attention to my replies to you.

Pssst ... Stevie has his panties in a knot. He's fun to **** with
when he is in his Grumpy Old Woman mood.

I may be a Grumpy Old Woman, but at least I can keep track of who's
saying what. The above exchange was between Phil and Ashley, the clue
being it says 'Phil' and 'Ashley' above their respective replies.

HTH HAND,
Steve.

Touche! lol

Old April 4th 05, 10:58 PM
Mary

"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

(...)

This being the interweb, I could in fact be an unhappy old woman in

girdle rather than the virulent, lantern-jawed hero I obviously

given
an appearance of being.

That would actually explain a lot. Your tiny-dick syndrome might
then actually be a no-dick syndrome.

Well if I were a woman, it would hardly be a syndrome (HEADLINE: 'Woman
found without dick. New syndrome suspected. More prevalent than first
expected').

(...)

Um. Genius? Posting to unmoderated news groups does not
amount to stalking. I'm posting to a cat group about cats.

Except when you're posting about Lyn (e.g., that her e-mail's changed),
or whatever your current quest is.

Um. Genius? Posting about people who post in public unmoderated
newsgroups is not stalking either. You are using stupid, melodramatic
language like the other girls. Now *slap* stop that!

Old April 4th 05, 11:09 PM
Steve G

Mary wrote:
(...)

Um. Genius? Posting about people who post in public unmoderated
newsgroups is not stalking either.

Well IMO, if yer following them around, or starting new threads
expressly for the purpose of maintaining the vitriol level - that's
stalking. Or at best OT posting. Also hopping into a thread and making
a personal attack that's unrelated to the flow of the thread.

No-one's going to stop you doing it of course, but IME it doesn't
facilitate communication, or add anything of value (well, except some
peripheral amusement, I guess). YMMV BYOB.

You are using stupid, melodramatic
language like the other girls. Now *slap* stop that!

Your slap has separated my lower jaw from my face. I shall now sue you
for mandibular misalignment and make my fortune! You are history!
Mwahahahaaaahaaaaa!

S.

Old April 4th 05, 11:58 PM
Meghan Noecker

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 07:35:00 +1200, "Ashley"
wrote:

Note the difference between the words "ever getting hurt" in my comment and
"haven't had many problems" in yours. Incidentally, my cats at 10 and 10½
also "haven't had many problems". They've both had to have *a* course of
antibiotics and one, while rushing for the cat door after he had a fright
(their safe places are outside, and they will actually get out of the house
if someone comes in) missed and needed stitches for the resulting cut.
Otherwise, any health problems have been caused by internal disese, of the
IBD, Flutd and arthritis variety.

So guess we're about even. Which proves precisely nothing.

You're comparing 2 10 year old cats to two 19 year old cats as well as
a 10 year old cat.

And I mentioned other cats too. All of our cats went into the upper
teens, except the one we let outside. He was killed by a raccoon when
he was only 6 years old.

And then there is the general statistics, which count thousands of
cats. The average lifespan for a cat who is kept indoors is several
years longer than outdoor cats. Tere's a reason for that.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old April 4th 05, 11:58 PM
Mary

"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

(...)

Really? Touche, then.

Are there any other of my failings you'd like to discuss?

Yeah, well I bet I can, like, do more pullups than you.

What kind of two-faced backpedaling is this?

It's called being wrong, and then accepting it. Try it sometime, you
might like it.

When you accused me of backpedaling, I was not wrong. Make up
your mind.

Old April 5th 05, 12:03 AM
Mary

"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
(...)

WHY DO YOU KEEP YOUR CAT INDOORS?

Er, writing in CAPS doesn't bypass killfiles.

This does though.

"BrandY" does not have me killfiled that I know of.

Meanwhile, why do you think "Brandy" argues that cats ought to be
left unsupervised outside when she keeps her own inside?

Old April 5th 05, 12:04 AM
Mary

"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

(...)

The exception proves the rule, but the rule remains intact.

Steve.

Bull****. There is no such rule.

(...)
I cannot imagine why you ever even appeared marginally intelligent to

me.
Must have been a virus. Dickhead.

Suggest you reread my post, but this time engage a couple of brain
cells. You might then understand what I said, rather than replying to
what you think I said, or what you would like me to have said.

The reason I might have appeared 'marginally intelligent' to you would
be on the occasions I've agreed with you. You have a problem when
others disagree with you (see about 50% of the threads here), and your
ability to defend a PoV is limited to your ability to chuck around
insults. All grist to the mill.

Nonsense. I read what you posed, and the "rule" you referred to was
simply your opinion. Idiot.