Is it wrong to want another purebred?

Old April 5th 05, 03:02 AM
Ashley

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Ashley" wrote in message

Cats are the ones *causing* the danger here, not being the victims of it.

If you are so concerned about cats *causing* danger to wildlife there I
think it's even more irresponsible of you to endanger your environment
like
that - leaving aside the fact that you're endangering your cat!

In cities, or any urban area, the major risk to flora and fauna is habitat
removal, not cats. The environment's already shot (compared to what it was).
The keeping the cats in at night is an attempt to give the remaining geckos
a chance.

Old April 5th 05, 03:21 AM
CatNipped

"Ashley" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Ashley" wrote in message

Cats are the ones *causing* the danger here, not being the victims of

it.

If you are so concerned about cats *causing* danger to wildlife there I
think it's even more irresponsible of you to endanger your environment
like
that - leaving aside the fact that you're endangering your cat!

In cities, or any urban area, the major risk to flora and fauna is

habitat
removal, not cats. The environment's already shot (compared to what it

was).
The keeping the cats in at night is an attempt to give the remaining

geckos
a chance.

Oh, so you *are* in an urban area, but still there's no traffic to worry
about hitting your cats. Gee Ashley, I wanna come live over there in the
land of impossibilities!!!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old April 5th 05, 03:23 AM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote in message

"Ashley" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Ashley" wrote in message

[...]

Holy crap, you're like, Dick f-ing Tracy! Weeee!! 8) This really is like
shooting fish in a barrell.

Old April 5th 05, 04:58 AM
kitkat

Diane L. Schirf wrote:
In article ,
"Ashley" wrote:

you're
talking about the kind that would attract the attention of a cat.

Pudge used to find tiny ants on the floor that I could barely see and
bat at them and try to lick them up. I had to get a flashlight to see
what she was obsessing over. The movement attracts them. They're closer
to the ground and have keener eyesight for that sort of thing.

Sometimes I wonder what the hell Luna is doing and only when I get close
do I realize she is attacking some microscopic sized bug. LOL

Old April 5th 05, 05:17 AM
kitkat

Ashley wrote:
Cats have no predators here. Cats *are* the
predators.

That is actually kinda cool!
Old April 5th 05, 05:41 AM
Mary

"kitkat" wrote in message
news
Diane L. Schirf wrote:
In article ,
"Ashley" wrote:

you're
talking about the kind that would attract the attention of a cat.

Pudge used to find tiny ants on the floor that I could barely see and
bat at them and try to lick them up. I had to get a flashlight to see
what she was obsessing over. The movement attracts them. They're closer
to the ground and have keener eyesight for that sort of thing.

Sometimes I wonder what the hell Luna is doing and only when I get close
do I realize she is attacking some microscopic sized bug. LOL

And also sometimes they can see things THAT WE CANNOT!

Old April 5th 05, 06:19 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:32:35 +1200, "Ashley"
wrote:

Sorry, RTA = road traffic accident. If a cat's gonna get hit by a car, it
will happen at night.

Oh, so the cats get dumb at night? I thought you said they know to
stay away from cars.

Environmental safety:
a lot of New Zealand's reptilian and insect wildlife (which does still
exist
in many cities, unlike the ground-dwelling birds, which are limited to
wilderness areas) are nocturnal and night is when cats like to hunt.

You have no poisonous snakes?

We have no snakes, period.

Okay, then. What reptiles are being protected? None of them fight
back?

Cats are the ones *causing* the danger here, not being the victims of it.

I see. So people don't care if cats get injured then. They are the
problem after all. Now it makes a lot more sense.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old April 5th 05, 06:23 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 03:58:27 GMT, kitkat
wrote:

Sometimes I wonder what the hell Luna is doing and only when I get close
do I realize she is attacking some microscopic sized bug. LOL

Same here. I have to get the flashlight to find the bug that Chase is
after. The more mysterious the better.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old April 5th 05, 11:24 AM
Ashley

"Meghan Noecker" wrote in message

I know. But I was curious to see what her answer would be. Everything
that exists at night is still there in some form during the day.

And you got the correct answer from "her". Oh, but maybe she left out the
mutant cat-eating kiwi ...