Update

Old April 25th 05, 06:07 PM
Tara K.

Default Update

I've updated Princess' home page with an obituary of sorts, you can find it
here (scroll down the page for the update):

http://members.dodo.com.au/~tara_k/story.html

Will write more in a few days, but for now, thanks for all the replies and
the emails, everyone, it helps to know others have been through this too.

I'm just going to miss her so damn much

TK

Old April 25th 05, 07:17 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Tara K. wrote:
I've updated Princess' home page with an obituary of sorts, you can
find it here (scroll down the page for the update):

http://members.dodo.com.au/~tara_k/story.html

Will write more in a few days, but for now, thanks for all the
replies and the emails, everyone, it helps to know others have been
through this too.
I'm just going to miss her so damn much

TK

Your story was beautiful, and I want to thank you for it(even though it
brought tears to my eyes). And to thank you for taking such loving care of
Princess, who was obviously very appreciative of it.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old April 25th 05, 07:38 PM
CatNipped

"Tara K." wrote in message
I've updated Princess' home page with an obituary of sorts, you can find
it
here (scroll down the page for the update):

http://members.dodo.com.au/~tara_k/story.html

Will write more in a few days, but for now, thanks for all the replies and
the emails, everyone, it helps to know others have been through this too.

I'm just going to miss her so damn much

TK

Tara, bless you for all you did for Princess. I'm so glad she had a loving
hand under her head when she passed away.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 25th 05, 08:24 PM
Mogget

In message , Tara K.
writes
I've updated Princess' home page with an obituary of sorts, you can find it
here (scroll down the page for the update):

That's beautiful.

I will light a candle for her.
--
Mogget
Old April 25th 05, 08:35 PM
KittyLady

Oh that made me cry.I guarantee that she knows you love her. Take
comfort in the fact that you tried your best to give her comfort and
love while she was with you. God Bless You for being such a kind
person.
You will be in my prayers tonight.
Skritches,
KittyLady

Old April 26th 05, 02:36 AM
Ron

Thank you for sharing Princess and your story. May God bless you both!

Ron

Posting the message where it belongs
Old April 26th 05, 06:00 PM
M.C. Mullen

: There is no such thing as 'just a cat'. I have never met a human who has
: given the unconditional, selfless love that my cats have. Animals always
: seem so grateful for what you do for them. They love you for yourself,
: never judging, never criticizing.
:

I agree with you completely.
But there's one thing that I wonder about since a long time:
How do pets recognize you? Even from a distance where smell doesn't play a
role?

I got myself a new hairdo today - none of the pets commented: they just
greeted me as usual, so looks can't be that important.
I know that the voice is important. My rabbits disappear when they hear a
strange voice. But the cats spot me from a distance.

Carola

Old April 26th 05, 06:43 PM
FurrsomeFoursome

What a beautiful page.

I've got to stop checking in to groups and work... can only explain
"must be allergies" so many times when snuffling away at my desk.

Bast's blessings on you for making her last days loving days. She has
my two once-abandoned Siamese to play with at the end of her journey.

virtual hugs of sympathy to you - everyone here understands this.

Johanna an' de Foursome

Old April 26th 05, 08:39 PM
Debra Berry

Those are lovely remembrances. You were lucky to have each
other, even if it was for a short time.

Purrs for Princess' crossing of RB and of comfort for you and
your family.

Debbie Berry

Old April 27th 05, 09:56 AM
Tara K.

"M.C. Mullen" wrote in message

: There is no such thing as 'just a cat'. I have never met a human who
has
: given the unconditional, selfless love that my cats have. Animals
always
: seem so grateful for what you do for them. They love you for yourself,
: never judging, never criticizing.
:

I agree with you completely.
But there's one thing that I wonder about since a long time:
How do pets recognize you? Even from a distance where smell doesn't play a
role?

I got myself a new hairdo today - none of the pets commented: they just
greeted me as usual, so looks can't be that important.
I know that the voice is important. My rabbits disappear when they hear a
strange voice. But the cats spot me from a distance.

I'd take a guess it would be their excellent eyesight and probably (no way
of proving this) facial recognition. I can't remember the exact details, but
they have a range of expression and number of facial muscles which suggests
this plays a very important role in cat sociability. The range of markings
found on the feline face also suggests this is socially important.

I'd also guess that they may well recognise you from the unique sound of
your footsteps. If you've ever seen a cat "chatter" when it sees a bird,
you've seen a demonstration of just *how* good their hearing is. We only
hear the low frequencies of a chatter, which gives it that distinctive
staccato sound. Recordings of the chatter have shown that it's actually a
two-part call, with rapid modulation between low and high frequencies.
Despite this - and this is part of my fascination for animal-human
relationships, and how much is really not known/not acknowledged - a cat
will "chatter" back to you even if a person can only mimic the lower
frequency (my sister's cat, btw, has a very deep feline voice, and you can
hear both parts of the chatter when he does it).

Just a thought.

TK

PS Once again, everyone, thanks. I'll be answering emails in the next few
days, still trying to get over Princess' loss - put away the last of her
food bowls today, you think you've got to the end of it, and something new
reminds you.

OneTrueHome update Harri Cat community 8 November 27th 04 01:03 AM
Latest Crackles Update (appt moved up) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 12th 04 01:37 PM
Cat Hostile to Friend After Neuter. Why? UPDATE Robyn Cat health & behaviour 8 May 6th 04 04:25 AM
Update on Tiffany & New Pictures. Flippy Cat anecdotes 21 February 1st 04 05:52 PM
Nice Update on B5's creator, J.Michael Straczynski & Buddy the cat Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 8 January 19th 04 11:01 AM