Purrs for Smokey, please

Old January 29th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default Purrs for Smokey, please - Update - GOOD NEWS

On Jan 28, 8:36 pm, Sam wrote:
We just got a call from Smokey's vet (on Sunday afternoon, yet). He's
been reviewing Smokey's files since we started with that clinic.
Smokey's original vet has left the clinic and this guy and his wife
(also a vet) bought the practice. So his current vet wasn't thoroughly
up on Smokey's history and spent some time today catching up.

His current diagnosis is another episode of Irritable Bowel Disease
(IBD). His white blood count is elevated but the vet thinks that's just
from the IBD. Smokey has been eating voraciously while at the vet's (his
poor appetite is the reason we were concerned enough to take him on
Friday) so he's much improved.

When Smokey was taken to the vet 10 months ago, his then-vet thought he
might have large-cell lymphoma. His current vet says that's still
possible, but unlikely since Smokey has stayed as well as he has since
March.

We had been feeding Smokey Royal Canin canned on the advice of his prior
vet. While that was OK with him for a while, he got to where he
detested the stuff. The vet today said he didn't care what Smokey ate
so long as it's high-quality and Smokey ate it (and he made some
recommendations of foods (Wellness and one other I don't remember but DW
has written down) available at pet food/grocery stores.

And the best news - he comes home tomorrow! While I'm sure the vets
ministrations contributed to his improvement, I'm convinced the purrs
your fur-crews sent did the trick. Thank you all!

--
Sam, currently unsupervised as Mistletoe is busy feeding her face

sounds of happy dance in the background Great news. The gang is
celebrating.

Will in New Haven

Old January 29th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

Default Purrs for Smokey, please

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 13:06:25 -0800, Sam yodeled:

Our Smokey is spending the weekend at the Vet. He had been "off his
feed" for about a week and was very listless. His normally full and
shiny coat was starting to take on a shaggy appearance (definitely not
normal). Wife took him the the Vet on Friday. They gave him some sort
of Vitamin B shot (they said that might perk him up). The vet also did
palpate a "mass" on examination and did a needle biopsy for pathology.

They wanted to keep him overnight so they could continue to keep an eye
on him. The vet called back this morning and said the Vitamin B shot
had the desired effect of making him more alert (he was purring at them
for attention) but since they don't have the pathology report they want
to keep him to monitor his status until the path report comes back.

Smokey's 17YO now so purrs that he can pull through this would be
greatly appreciated.

Get well purrs for Smokey.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old January 29th 07, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:36:50 -0800, Sam yodeled:

[...]

Oh what a relief! Good news.
Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old January 29th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

Sam wrote:
[...]

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Didn't see this post until after the update. Sending continuing good health
purrs * 5.

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old January 29th 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Yeah! I missed the original post so I am piggy backing. Good vet! Few will
say that about food and it is a sign of someone in the know.

Old January 29th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Sam wrote:

[...]

Lots of purrs and best wishes for Smokey and hugs for you for taking
such good care of him,
Polonca and Soncek

Old February 2nd 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

"Sam" wrote in message
We just got a call from Smokey's vet (on Sunday afternoon, yet). He's
been reviewing Smokey's files since we started with that clinic. Smokey's
original vet has left the clinic and this guy and his wife (also a vet)
bought the practice. So his current vet wasn't thoroughly up on Smokey's
history and spent some time today catching up.

His current diagnosis is another episode of Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD).
His white blood count is elevated but the vet thinks that's just from the
IBD. Smokey has been eating voraciously while at the vet's (his poor
appetite is the reason we were concerned enough to take him on Friday) so
he's much improved.

--
Sam, currently unsupervised as Mistletoe is busy feeding her face

Sam, we're late as usual, these days. I'm hoping that will change after next
Wednesday and I can go back to working regular hours and having time to
spend with my favorite people. But we will send purrs for Smokey to
continue to improve and not scare his Paw and Meommy again! a;ke3o9983mf';ld
mw....What the hey! What's happenkek-p0eidnjfke..."This is Sam here, Samuel
R. Thunderpaws, that is. It took a minute to mindmeld with the hooman. It
can be quite painful at times to enter that vacumn. Well, ummm,....uhh,
geee, I only wanted to say...I mean Meowmy didn't tell me until a couple of
months after my surgery so maybe she's not.....ummm, I never had anyone
think I was cute before. I'd like to add to the purrs I'm sending Sam and
send a gentle headbutt to Mistletoe because she's worried about him too."
and with a blush and a quick headbutt Sam leaves the void inside his
Meowmies head, hitting the send key before she realized she was back in
control.