My baby turns 21 OT, possibly long (I haven't written it yet) andprobably boring

Old February 9th 08, 10:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

Default My baby turns 21 OT, possibly long (I haven't written it yet) and probably boring

Happy birthday wishes coming for Mandy - who as I remember was the
only one to get Sammy to relax that evening at the Wild Life Refuge

I was stationed in Fairbanks Alaska on my 21st birthday.
Unfortunately, it happened to coincide with the building of the
Alaskan Pipeline, and Army people were definitely poor when compared
to the pipeline workers. There were, as I remember, three of us with
BDs within a few days of each other, so we had a big party. The
evening started out going to a rustic bar where we could only afford
maybe one drink, but the real party was back at the barracks later on.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,

video clips at http://tinyurl.com/29o8ck
photos at http://tinyurl.com/22pfn8
Old February 9th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Feb 9, 5:38*am, Steve Touchstone wrote:
Happy birthday wishes coming for Mandy - who as I remember was the
only one to get Sammy to relax that evening at the Wild Life Refuge

I was stationed in Fairbanks Alaska on my 21st birthday.
Unfortunately, it happened to coincide with the building of the
Alaskan Pipeline, and Army people were definitely poor when compared
to the pipeline workers. There were, as I remember, three of us with
BDs within a few days of each other, so we had a big party. The
evening started out going to a rustic bar where we could only afford
maybe one drink, but the real party was back at the barracks later on.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,
Princess and Furby
with loving memories of Rocky (RB)

video clips athttp://tinyurl.com/29o8ck
photos athttp://tinyurl.com/22pfn8

Mandy has always been one of the three family cat whisperers. The
other two are Rob and his mom. She is the only one who can get all
the cats to cooperate when claw clipping time comes up, can snap her
fingers and trill and the cats all come running, usually has at least
two cats following her around at any one time and so forth. Rob and I
decided that she is part cat herself.

For what it's worth, her purrday was rather boring. She was tired
from a long day at school, got mildly tipsy and went to bed and slept
it off. No hang over, no silly behavior or anything else to get
excited about. But at least she was home and not risking herself at a
bar.

Pam S. the bare kitten's mother
Old February 10th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 9, 1:33*pm, tanadashoes wrote:

For what it's worth, her purrday was rather boring. *She was tired
from a long day at school,

One day someone with many hours of free time is going to explain the
American education system to me over here we're not at school at 21

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 10th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Lesley wrote:
One day someone with many hours of free time is going to explain the
American education system to me over here we're not at school at 21

Unless we are building on our basic education, by going to college or
trade school, neither are we.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old February 10th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 10, 7:51*am, Mark Edwards wrote:

Unless we are building on our basic education, by going to college or
trade school, neither are we.

Thanks Mark I get it

You say "at school" whereas we would say " at University" or "at
college"? To people in the UK school is something they stop going to
at 16-18 then they go onto the above places

One great mystery cleared

Cheers

Old February 10th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Feb 5, 6:48*pm, tanadashoes wrote:
I am the older by seven years

Pam S. who got a lot of cradle robbing jokes

As long as he wasn't with you at the bar.

My 21st birthday seems so boring comparing it to everyone else's fun
stories... The most memorable thing I did was walk into the HR office
and fill out some forms, because you need to be 21 years old in order
to enroll in a 401(k) plan. Then, I was unceremoniously shipped off
on a business trip to negotiate a joint project with some nanoanalysis
company.
Old February 11th 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Feb 10, 10:41*am, Lesley wrote:
On Feb 9, 1:33*pm, tanadashoes wrote:

For what it's worth, her purrday was rather boring. *She was tired
from a long day at school,

One day someone with many hours of free time is going to explain the
American education system to me over here we're not at school at 21

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Mandy is in the local community college (Fayetteville Technical
Community college at http://www.faytechcc.edu/ ) taking a course of
general studies until she decides for sure what she wants to be when
she grows up. She's leaning towards fine/graphic arts. I just want
her to make an honest living at something she'll be happy with.
Before Rob was diagnosed with a worse cancer, I went there as well to
get my associates in english education. I believe I'm three courses
away from my diploma.

Pam S.
Old February 11th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

tanadashoes wrote:

Yep, the last member of the nest turns 21 on Friday. The gang has
decided to get her as drunk as possible in my dining room. The booze
is bought the pizza money is stashed and prezzies have already been
given so that she will remember them. I'm supposed to take car keys,
film, and cook a nice greasy breakfast for the party girl.

Mandy was born on February 8,1987 at Fort Campbell Kentucky at the end
of a wind storm that blew siding off of the newly re-sided duplex we
were living in. Like all my births, we were between cars. snip
Pam S.

A belated happy birthday to Mandy!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek