Boyfriend says

Old March 14th 12, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfriend says

What would have happened to me if Kitty Farmcat had not adopted me and
allowed me into her own house?
He'd have died.

Old March 16th 12, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
What would have happened to me if Kitty Farmcat had not adopted me and
allowed me into her own house?
He'd have died.

And we're very happy Kitty Farmcat invited him in. Give Boyfriend some
scritches for me, please

Jill

Old March 16th 12, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
What would have happened to me if Kitty Farmcat had not adopted me and
allowed me into her own house?
He'd have died.

And we're very happy Kitty Farmcat invited him in. Give Boyfriend some
scritches for me, please

I will.
She never wanted any cat in her garden and would attach her claws to the
whole of their body if they tried.
Something about Boyfie must have appealed to her.
Once when she was well, we had a stand off with KFC and Sally-cat next door.
Sally claimed KFC was in her orchard. It was true, but Sally, despite being
twice the size of KFC had no chance. They fought and KFC won. Sally was
slightly injured and I apologised to my neighbour and he was fine about it,
he said "cats do not have the same boundaries as we do."
This is the neighbour I lost and got my dreadful ones in his place.

Boyfie is a pacifist, he prefers not to fight although he did. once, well
sort of, only because KFC was gone. Normally he would have let her do the
biz and cheered her on from the sidelines ;-)
Their temperament was/is very different. You would not have wanted to fight
with KFC if she got annoyed, 4 lbs of pure fury. Boyfie is around 10-12 lbs
and he just wants a quiet life. Kitty used to smash him around the ear and
he just said "whatever..."

Old March 18th 12, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
What would have happened to me if Kitty Farmcat had not adopted me and
allowed me into her own house?
He'd have died.

And we're very happy Kitty Farmcat invited him in. Give Boyfriend some
scritches for me, please

I will.
She never wanted any cat in her garden and would attach her claws to the
whole of their body if they tried.
Something about Boyfie must have appealed to her.

Christina, I love hearing you talk about loving memories of KFC and now with
Boyfie. It's obvious they both won you over in their own ways.

Persia seems to be mellowing a bit as she gets older. It used to be if
someone knocked on the door or the doorbell rang, Persia would run and hide.
(Sometimes she still hears a doorbell that sounds exactly like mine on
television and she startles. She understands when I say "It's on TV".) But
oh boy! She didn't used to like strangers coming to the door. Unless it's
the UPS man dropping off a box which might result in a new toy

She's an indoor cat, but she's always been able to see outside cats through
windows. OMG. The hisspits! Don't you dare come on my patio! Stay out of
my yard! This is my space. Persia has mellowed a lot in the last few
years. She's only (guestimated) 14. But now when she sees my neighbor
Lynn's indoor/outdoor cats (Schwartzie and Fedders) walking around my yard
she doesn't react. She doesn't even hiss at them any more. More like "Ho
Hum, a cat".

Used to be Persia couldn't stand the sight of other cats. When I boarded
her, the vet techs would drape a towel over the side of the cage so she
couldn't see the other cats. Now she doesn't care. As long as the other
cats aren't in *here*, we're good

Jill