You know you spend too much time on rpca when.....

Old August 22nd 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default You know you spend too much time on rpca when.....

Adrian A wrote:
Marina wrote:
Lesley wrote:
Any more suggestions?

When you write "hoomin" and "d*g" in texts completely unrelated to
rpca.

Do you ever do that at work? :-)

I've done it several times. I think I've caught them all in time,
though. Thank Bast for spell checkers.

Old August 22nd 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Miles

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com

Any more suggestions?

Lesley////

When you answer the phone bawling your eyes out, and you're asked by the
person on the other end what's wrong, you say

"My friends cat died/went to RB and I'll really miss him and she/he is
so upset & so am I" - only you've never met either the cat or the person
in RL, but consider them your furkids...

Helen M

Old August 22nd 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Marina" wrote in message
Lesley wrote:

Any more suggestions?

When you write "hoomin" and "d*g" in texts completely unrelated to rpca.

Or send purrs instead of prayers, even to the born again members of your
family.

Jo

Old August 22nd 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

Obviously the above statement is a complete lie as you can NEVER spend
too much time on rpca but having been gulity of everyone of the things
below I guess it's worth sharing

1. When you ask your partner what he wants for dinner and he says "I
would love a KFC" it takes you a minute to realise he means
"Kentucky Fried Chicken" rather than "Kitty Farm Cat"

2. You've ruined more than 1 keyboard by spluttering beverage's all
over it

3. You've learnt to put your drink down when you see the initials
"BW" after ruining the keyboard

4. There is a huge box of mansize tissues (OT: Why "mansize"? Do
women have smaller noses?) by your computer for TW's and RB's

5. You use rpca slang in emails to people who aren't members

6. You came name forty plus felines from the list (50+ if you include
those who have crossed the bridge) straight off but you have to think
who their slaves are

7. You log into rpca first (because you can't wait) or last (because
you want to get mundane work related stuff out of the way before you
sit back and enjoy!)

Any more suggestions?

When I accidentally mentioned at work that my cat Boyfriend had a girlfriend
kitty in America called Mimi and he had received a card and many emails from
her.
The whole office stopped and said "WHAT?"
I crawled away into the filing room in the hope that they would forget it
very soon..

Tweed

Old August 22nd 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In ,
Christina Websell purred:
"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

Mimi promply sends dirty litterbox offerings to your co-workers

Old August 22nd 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:
"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

You feel closer to members of RPCA than you do some members of your own
family.

You've never actually met many of the people you consider your best friends.

For the first time in years, you find yourself looking forward to the
holidays rather than dreading them because of the RPCA mailing list and how
much fun it is.

Yowie

Yowie

For me RPCA is family/best friends/community all at the same time. I
feel so lucky that I am a part of it.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old August 22nd 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

When I accidentally mentioned at work that my cat Boyfriend had a girlfriend
kitty in America called Mimi and he had received a card and many emails from
her.
The whole office stopped and said "WHAT?"
I crawled away into the filing room in the hope that they would forget it
very soon..

Tweed

LOL!! I'm sure it was an embarrassing moment for you, Tweed but still!
I can just picture it. (snert!)

Melissa

Old August 22nd 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Tue 22 Aug 2006 03:28:56p, Christina Websell wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (news:4l147sFe7f6sU1@MFEMFEMFEMFEMF):

When I accidentally mentioned at work that my cat Boyfriend had
a girlfriend kitty in America called Mimi and he had received a
card and many emails from her.
The whole office stopped and said "WHAT?"
I crawled away into the filing room in the hope that they would
forget it very soon..

Don't feel bad. Back when Shadow was sick and needed so many feedings
through a tube that I had to take long lunch breaks to go home to
feed him, I overheard someone who said that I must not have much in
my life if my cat was so important to me. How rude!

--
Cheryl

Old August 22nd 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Tue 22 Aug 2006 03:28:56p, Christina Websell wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes (news:4l147sFe7f6sU1@MFEMFEMFEMFEMF):

When I accidentally mentioned at work that my cat Boyfriend had
a girlfriend kitty in America called Mimi and he had received a
card and many emails from her.
The whole office stopped and said "WHAT?"
I crawled away into the filing room in the hope that they would
forget it very soon..

Don't feel bad. Back when Shadow was sick and needed so many feedings
through a tube that I had to take long lunch breaks to go home to
feed him, I overheard someone who said that I must not have much in
my life if my cat was so important to me. How rude!

And also how very sad. That someone could have no concept of another life
being that important to someone. You don't have to love cats to understand
someone who loves cats. But you have to love someone or something.

Jo

Old August 22nd 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Shiral" wrote in message
ups.com...

When I accidentally mentioned at work that my cat Boyfriend had a
girlfriend
kitty in America called Mimi and he had received a card and many emails
from
her.
The whole office stopped and said "WHAT?"
I crawled away into the filing room in the hope that they would forget it
very soon..

Tweed

LOL!! I'm sure it was an embarrassing moment for you, Tweed but still!
I can just picture it. (snert!)

I forgot it wasn't a safe place to say cat things like we do here. I'm sure
they thought I was mad. I can't believe I did it!

Tweed