Fat Cat gets busted

Old January 13th 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Fat Cat gets busted

Takayuki wrote:

wrote:
Gennie wrote:

Here's another link -- of the Oregonian's coverage of the big kitty.
He really does look like a big lovey mush of a cat!! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eLIMc4khe0

Yeah, did you notice that when the shelter person scratched him at the
base of his tail, he did that "biting the air" thing that a lot of cats
do?

That was the cutest part. You and Tish and I discussed this
phenomenon a short while back, but I've never actually seen it in
person. Next time I see a chubby kitty, I'll have to scritch it to
see if this happens.

I think it would work on a small cat, too.

Did you notice the cute little kitty in the next cage?

Joyce
Old January 13th 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

wrote:
Yeah, did you notice that when the shelter person scratched him at the
base of his tail, he did that "biting the air" thing that a lot of cats
do?

That was the cutest part. You and Tish and I discussed this
phenomenon a short while back, but I've never actually seen it in
person. Next time I see a chubby kitty, I'll have to scritch it to
see if this happens.

I think it would work on a small cat, too.

Rusty is sitting on my lap as I read this. So I scratched the base of
his tail. Nothing!
At under 9 lb., he is far from a fat cat.

Winnie

Old January 13th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Marina wrote:

Yup. And in the opening shot, he was sleeping in the litter box. P He
has those gorgeous unneutered-tom cheeks that make him seem even bigger.

When I first saw Rusty, he was sleeping under an overturned litter box
in his cage.

Winnie

Old January 13th 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon

Yow! That cat's huge! Wonder how it got so large?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Mischief" wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone else see this story?

This woman who owns six cats is wondering why the food is

disappearing
faster. She figured out another cat was sneaking in through

the cat
flap into the the garage and chowing down on her cats' food.

She
couldn't catch him, until....

http://www.cnn.com/video/offbeat/200...w/content.html

Sheesh!! Hope the fat boy finds a home.

Kristi

Old January 13th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Outsider wrote:
wrote in news:45a7edea$0$80080
:

Gennie wrote:

Here's another link -- of the Oregonian's coverage of the big kitty.
He really does look like a big lovey mush of a cat!! :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eLIMc4khe0

Yeah, did you notice that when the shelter person scratched him at
the base of his tail, he did that "biting the air" thing that a lot
of cats do?

He looks a lot cleaner in that video, too. In an earlier one, he had
all this weird yellowish stuff on him, maybe something from a garage
floor, or maybe the doggie door he got stuck in was painted yellow?

Joyce

He looks more like a Garfield than a Goliath.

His real name is Herculies.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old January 13th 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Jo Firey wrote:

Fortunately now that he's got the cheeks, he will keep them. I've always
been a little reluctant and slow to get our tom cats neutered. I think
those jowls are adorable too. I seem to remember your nieces cats have
those boy cat faces too.

Kasper does - he was put to stud at least once. My sister's cat, Linus,
was also neutered fairly late, and he has them too.

Old January 13th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep©

In ,
Christina Websell purred:
"Jo Firey" wrote in message
. net...

"Marina" wrote in message

Yeah, did you notice that when the shelter person scratched him at
the base of his tail, he did that "biting the air" thing that a
lot of cats do?

Yup. And in the opening shot, he was sleeping in the litter box.
P He has those gorgeous unneutered-tom cheeks that make him seem
even bigger.

Fortunately now that he's got the cheeks, he will keep them. I've
always been a little reluctant and slow to get our tom cats
neutered. I think those jowls are adorable too. I seem to remember
your nieces cats have those boy cat faces too.

Jo

Boyfie has those lovely fat cheeks too. He seemed quite a young boy
when he arrived, maybe less than a year old. I got him snipped, but
he still has his lovely round face. My cousin saw him and said "Aww,
he looks like the Cheshire cat in Alice in Wonderland."

Tweed

Ernie has them - and he was snipped quite young (3~ months).... but he had
them *very*young... the cheeks, that is! The rest didn't pop in until we'd
had him a few weeks. TED asked if we'd heard a "pop" ing noise in the night
when they 'grew' in LOL. This is Ernie the second day we had him (about 4
weeks old), before his 'boy bits' popped out!
http://pets.webshots.com/photo/11472...47371020mvomUG

But Ernie is *big* all around - 16lb of big-boy! This is Ernie now, all
growed up. http://pets.webshots.com/photo/25340...47371020HEfiAa I'm no
lightweight (5'5" and 160~#), so he's really done some growing. One of his
littermates, Moe, is only 9#! And I saw what must have been his poppa-cat
once in the yard: same off-kilter cap of grey and grey stripey tail, all the
rest white, and *huge*... I only saw him from the right, so I don't know if
he had any spots of grey tabby on the left side like Ernie or not. But
Since Bam-Bam has that same 'cap' and stripey tail, probably has the same
poppa-cat, as well as momma-cat (which we know is the same since we saw her
with both litters as bitties)!
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©