My baby turns 21 OT, possibly long (I haven't written it yet) andprobably boring

Old February 5th 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default My baby turns 21 OT, possibly long (I haven't written it yet) andprobably boring

Yep, the last member of the nest turns 21 on Friday. The gang has
decided to get her as drunk as possible in my dining room. The booze
is bought the pizza money is stashed and prezzies have already been
given so that she will remember them. I'm supposed to take car keys,
film, and cook a nice greasy breakfast for the party girl.

Mandy was born on February 8,1987 at Fort Campbell Kentucky at the end
of a wind storm that blew siding off of the newly re-sided duplex we
were living in. Like all my births, we were between cars. The power
went out and Rob knew that the birth was going to happen when I
insisted on taking a shower in our cramped master bathroom with the
power out and the door closed. I have a problem with tight spaces.
Rob had pulled 24 hour duty the night before and had gotten less than
six hours rest. Of course everything went fine so I'll spare you the
gruesome hospital details.

Now she is 21. On my 21st birthday, I went up to the bartender, ID in
hand, for my free birthday drink. The bartender looked at me in
disgust, said "I've been serving you for months, you aren't going to
get a freebie off of me." and then suggested to one of my party that
they take me out on the dance floor. Disco was playing and I don't do
well with disco. I got drunk off my butt, was walked home and vaguely
remember that I used a trash can for an intestinal relief mechanism
(barf bucket) and crashed.

So any 21st birthday memories of yourself, family, friends? Maybe one
of the cats has a word or two about their owners' experiences? There
I worked cats into here finally.

Pam S.
Old February 5th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 5, 5:36*am, tanadashoes wrote:

So any 21st birthday memories of yourself, family, friends? *Maybe one
of the cats has a word or two about their owners' experiences? *There
I worked cats into here finally.

My 21st was hardly noticeable, my parents had said I could have a
party at home BUT no more than 8 guests including me, had to be over
by 11.30 at the very latest and they were staying! So I persuaded them
to take me out instead and we went to one of those ghastly carvery
type places and had a truly dire meal

My friend Hilary's cousin had a worse one. His girlfriend decided to
give him a special present in his bedroom so there they were when he
heard noises downstairs and thought he had best investigate, So he
strode out of the bedroomand to the top of the stairs at which point
all the lights went on and he looked downstairs to see his entire
family including his grandparents shouting "Surprise!" or well
more...."Supr...." as he was standing there wearing nothing but a
condom!

Now that is what I would call a surprise party! (The one we did for my
dad's 60th was worse through, mum managed to get him out of the house
so we sneaked round and set up, mum then pulled the curtains shut over
the French windows and the idea was she would get him to come and look
and we's all be there glasses raised! so we're all standing out there,
glasses loaded and at the ready and this is what we here "Come here,
dear and have a look at what I saw through the French windows" then a
few moments later, my dad "What are you talking about you stupid
woman! The curtains are closed!" I wish I had had a camera ready for
the look on this face when she did open the curtains)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 5th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Feb 5, 7:36*am, tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

We went out drinking on my 21st birthday with friends. We went to
several
different bars, it's a good thing it was dark because they were pretty
seedy.
I ended up sick as a dog, and had the distinct thought "I PAID MONEY
to do this
to myself??" (money wasn't that plentiful then, hey, it isn't now
either).....
I don't think I ever went back to a bar or club more than a handful of
times. I just
didn't like it. That's a good thing. I know I have the alcholic gene
already.
Happy Birthday to Amanda! She is such a beauty, and so quick-witted
and smart.
Give her a hug for me.

Sherry
Old February 5th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley wrote:

My friend Hilary's cousin had a worse one. His girlfriend decided to
give him a special present in his bedroom so there they were when he
heard noises downstairs and thought he had best investigate, So he
strode out of the bedroomand to the top of the stairs at which point
all the lights went on and he looked downstairs to see his entire
family including his grandparents shouting "Surprise!" or well
more...."Supr...." as he was standing there wearing nothing but a
condom!

Where was the beverage warning on that one?
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 5th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 5, 7:12*am, "Adrian" wrote:
Where was the beverage warning on that one?
--

Sorry but I am trying to get my own back for you laughing at my poor
ankle!

Old February 5th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie W

On Feb 5, 7:36*am, tanadashoes wrote:
Yep, the last member of the nest turns 21 on Friday. *

Pam S.

Happy Birthday to Mandy!
Annie
Old February 5th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

on my 21 st birthday my grandmother sent me a quilt, when DH came home he
was admiring it... he read the card and almost had a seizure... he was 27 at
the time... he thought I was his age.... had been living with him for a
while... Lee

Old February 5th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I figure it this way... I really think I will be able to spot a stroke or
heart attack if he has one, Lee

Old February 5th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Yes but, well never mind. The problem would be if that small an age
difference went the other way. Meaning you were the older.