TED's verdict on Kitty Farmcat this afternoon.

Old June 25th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default TED's verdict on Kitty Farmcat this afternoon.

{{{{{{{{{{Christina}}}}}}}}}}

I know just how you feel, it's been a year since my Bandit left for the
bridge and I still miss her. I know that you know that this is the final
gift we must give to our furry loved ones, but that never makes it any
easier. KFC has led a long and full life - you made her last years
wonderful.

Let your tears be healing ones and know that you did the best you could for
her and she will always appreciate and reciprocate the love you gave her.

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
She did not maintain the slight improvement I saw which caused me to
cancel her appointment last week. I said I would give her over the
weekend and she how she went.
She hardly ate on Sunday, no matter what lovely food was provided. Monday
morning she ate nothing, Monday after work I phoned TED to make a new
appointment for today.
She went missing again last night, she sneaked out somehow despite my best
efforts about shutting the door quickly after me even when I just pop
outside to put something in the garbage bin. It took me ages to find her,
I was climbing through neighbour's gardens, over fences, and up and down
looking in the street. Eventually another neighbour came to find me.
They'd rung my doorbell - but I was out looking for her. "Your cat is
here" and so she was, sitting on their doorstep like she thought she
belonged there and with no idea that her home was here or how to get back
to it.
I cannot seem to resolve the poo problems she's had since she first went
missing either. She poos everywhere and anywhere because she's "loose"
She pooed in her carrier on the way to the vet.
This is what he said. He will give her some injections to help her
appetite and a multi-vitamin injection. He said he is reluctant to
recommend more fluids for her "it will cost you a lot of money and is a
very short term solution for her." "

So, here is the verdict from TED. "you must think about calling it a day
if she doesn't get better from these injections" I knew he was being
kind, he wanted me to make a decision today. I wasn't ready for that.
She has until after the weekend to improve, after that, if she doesn't,
it's Rainbow Bridge.
I am crying now over an old fiesty cat that I never wanted but have grown
to love, so I have to go

Tweed

Old June 25th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
alisont via CatKB.com

Purrs for KFC and for you. It just doesn't seem fair that we do everything
in our power to give our babies the best care possible and then one day there
isn't any more we can do.

Alison

--
http://www.serenityscenes.com/

Old June 25th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old June 25th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

So, here is the verdict from TED. "you must think about calling it a day if
she doesn't get better from these injections" I knew he was being kind, he
wanted me to make a decision today. I wasn't ready for that.
She has until after the weekend to improve, after that, if she doesn't, it's
Rainbow Bridge.
I am crying now over an old fiesty cat that I never wanted but have grown to
love, so I have to go

I'm really sad to hear this. You've done so much for her, and as a result,
she's lived to an incredibly old age. Sooner or later, there will be
nothing a vet can do for her, but that doesn't make it any easier. I hope
that this isn't the end, but if it is, I hope that she goes peacefully
and without any pain.

Purrs for both of you.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old June 26th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:05:49 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

So, here is the verdict from TED. "you must think about calling it a day if
she doesn't get better from these injections" I knew he was being kind, he
wanted me to make a decision today. I wasn't ready for that.
She has until after the weekend to improve, after that, if she doesn't, it's
Rainbow Bridge.
I am crying now over an old fiesty cat that I never wanted but have grown to
love, so I have to go

Tweed

Oh, I do hope KFC manages another rally.

But, it does sounds like time may just be running out :-(

We all face "the decision", sooner or later.

That doesn't make it any easier, in the least.

But she has achieved an age few cats do. Especially considering her
early years.

Purrs for her are on the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old June 26th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

Jeanne Hedge

http://www.jhedge.com
Old June 26th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Lots and lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek