[OT] The ending of Lost

Old May 28th 10, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default [OT] The ending of Lost (SPOILER ALERT for those who may havetaped it and haven't watched it yet. If so, don't read)

Cheryl wrote:
Yes.

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
The smoke monster thing first appeared during the first season.

--
Joy

Quit worrying about your health. It'll go away.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Correction, not those who remained, but those who had to go back,
which we learned in the flash-forwards.

This was one show that really made my head spin trying to figure out
where they were going with all the time travel. Some of the online
sites about the show talked about time travel, but we have found out
that the time travel in the show was just to see the middle, the
future when they all decided they had to go back for whatever reason,
I guess they were already dead then too?? and the time travel into
their afterlife when they all had to make peace with themselves
before they could go to where they would spend eternity.

I still have a question about the timeline, though. In the
flash-sideways, both Sun and Claire were pregnant. There was a lot
of time between when Aaron was born and the smoke monster thing. Sun
had a daughter in the flash-forward. Jack having a son in his
flash-forward makes sense because we don't know how much time elapsed
between them getting off the island and then going back and then killed.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Oh, and I think they really did go through all of that with Jacob,
the smoke monster and the island sinking. I think the island
sinking killed those who still remained.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
The only way you knew what was going on was the last 5 minutes. I
have been a fan of that show, and tried to be a fan more in the
last couple of seasons, because it got too confusing when they
started doing the flash-forwards after figuring out the flash-backs
of the first couple of seasons. The flash-sideways this season
just left me even more confused. In the last 5 minutes when Jack is
talking to his father and asks him why he is there, Christian says
"no, why are YOU here" and you know then that all of those losties
that are in the flash-sideways are really dead. Christian said "you
all created this place so you can all be together again." Jack
says, for what? Christian answers, "to let go". That explained
why they all suddenly would have a memory of being on the island,
and why Sun and Gin weren't afraid after she was shot. Why was she
shot when she was already dead, who knows.

Lame ending to a fantastic show. It seemed to be hurried and I
know the writers were taking advice from the Internet community on
where to take the story. I hope they learned they shouldn't do
that again.

"Yowie" wrote in message
Was an avid fan of the first season.

Had the Yowlet somewhere in the second season, which made it
rather hard to keep up.

Saw some of the third & fourth seasons, but it had stopped making
sense because I didn't know the plot lines (although the eye candy
was still pleasant enough).

Entirely missed the remaining 2 seasons.

Watched the finale last night.

All I can say is:

Huh?

What the heck?

Was it all a bad dream or something?

I don't get it.

Yowie

Does anyone know how many different writers worked on this program?.
Seems to me there may have been many -- all with different ideas of how
it should proceed. MLB
Old May 28th 10, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MLB" wrote in message
Cheryl wrote:
Yes.

. ..

"Yowie" wrote in message
Was an avid fan of the first season.

Had the Yowlet somewhere in the second season, which made it rather
hard to keep up.

Saw some of the third & fourth seasons, but it had stopped making
sense because I didn't know the plot lines (although the eye candy
was still pleasant enough).

Entirely missed the remaining 2 seasons.

Watched the finale last night.

All I can say is:

Huh?

What the heck?

Was it all a bad dream or something?

I don't get it.

Yowie

Does anyone know how many different writers worked on this program?. Seems
to me there may have been many -- all with different ideas of how it
should proceed. MLB

***

I understand there were a number of them, although the two main writers said
they knew where it would end from the beginning.

Joy

Old May 28th 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Cheryl wrote:

This was one show that really made my head spin trying to figure out where
they were going with all the time travel. Some of the online sites about
the show talked about time travel, but we have found out that the time
travel in the show was just to see the middle, the future when they all
decided they had to go back for whatever reason, I guess they were already
dead then too??

No, I don't think so. I think the only time they were dead was in the
"flash sideways" parts, in season 6. It wasn't really sideways, but rather
a flash *very far* forward, after all of them had died. So many of them
might have gone on to live long lives, but they were in the "flash sideways"
because that was really another kind of flash forward, to the afterlife.
(It was a plot twist. The writers lead us to believe it was an alternate
timeline, but it wasn't.)

I still have a question about the timeline, though. In the flash-sideways,
both Sun and Claire were pregnant. There was a lot of time between when
Aaron was born and the smoke monster thing. Sun had a daughter in the
flash-forward.

Sun had a daughter in real life - in the "middle" part as you put it,
after they had gotten rescued and were home, but before they went back
to the island.

In the afterlife ("flash-sideways"), she was pregnant, but didn't give
birth. But when they remembered their real lives, they remembered they
actually did have a daughter. (Which made them very happy. But if it had
been me, I would be sad thinking that my daughter was an orphan! Then
again, if this afterlife was far, far in the future, maybe their daughter
had already grown old and died?)

Jack having a son in his flash-forward makes sense because
we don't know how much time elapsed between them getting off the island and
then going back and then killed.

Jack never had a son. He invented the son in the "flash-sideways" (afterlife)
because that's what he needed to get over his issues and move on.

I was disappointed because all the mysterious stuff about the island had
been so intriguing to me, and they left it all hanging.

Joyce

--
The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.
Old May 28th 10, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

wrote in message

I was disappointed because all the mysterious stuff about the island had
been so intriguing to me, and they left it all hanging.

Yes, they really did seem to drop the whole darma initiative. I wish we
knew if the polar bear and other mysteries from season 1 were really somehow
created by Walt.