[OT] The big rollover

Old February 10th 11, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default [OT] The big rollover

Sometimes I really wish I had a camera. Most of the time, that's
because there's a cat doing something cute and I want to show
everyone. But once in a great while, I want to take a picture of
something other than a cat (but don't tell my guys, they might
get huffy).

As I was getting into my car at the end of the day, I happened to
glance at the odometer, and saw that it was set on 199999. It was
about to go to 200000, and I had no way to document this momentous
occasion! So I started driving, luckily on a very lightly traveled
back road, and watched the Big Rollover. Wheeee!

I'm easily amused.

Joyce

--
- Mommy loves you too my sweaty litter baby fire
- Ummm what mom?
Old February 10th 11, 08:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

Default The big rollover

On Feb 10, 7:16*am, Christine BA wrote:
10.2.2011 8:53, kirjoitti:

Sometimes I really wish I had a camera. Most of the time, that's
because there's a cat doing something cute and I want to show
everyone. But once in a great while, I want to take a picture of
something other than a cat (but don't tell my guys, they might
get huffy).

As I was getting into my car at the end of the day, I happened to
glance at the odometer, and saw that it was set on 199999. It was
about to go to 200000, and I had no way to document this momentous
occasion! So I started driving, luckily on a very lightly traveled
back road, and watched the Big Rollover. Wheeee!

I'm easily amused.

Joyce

I'm just as easily amused, as I tend to watch upcoming rollovers too, if
traffic allows... *

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

I'm the same. I also get nerdy about dates. At work I fill in the date
on people's forms, and have to stop myself going "Oooh, look, it's a
binary date!" The other day I said "Look, 7-2-11. They're all primes."

Jeanette

Old February 10th 11, 10:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wrote:
Sometimes I really wish I had a camera. Most of the time, that's
because there's a cat doing something cute and I want to show
everyone. But once in a great while, I want to take a picture of
something other than a cat (but don't tell my guys, they might
get huffy).

As I was getting into my car at the end of the day, I happened to
glance at the odometer, and saw that it was set on 199999. It was
about to go to 200000, and I had no way to document this momentous
occasion! So I started driving, luckily on a very lightly traveled
back road, and watched the Big Rollover. Wheeee!

I'm easily amused.

Joyce

LOL little things. :-)

--
Adrian, sent from my iPod.
Old February 10th 11, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

wrote in message
Sometimes I really wish I had a camera. Most of the time, that's
because there's a cat doing something cute and I want to show
everyone. But once in a great while, I want to take a picture of
something other than a cat (but don't tell my guys, they might
get huffy).

Every now and then Smudgie will do her "arched back, "I'm so scary with my
tail puffed out", sideways prance". I have been trying to get a photo of her
doing it forever! Even with the camera on the coffee table in front of me
it's not happened to date. As soon as she hears the "beep" it makes when I
switch it on she sits down in front of me with her best "photo pose" face!

Sharon

Old February 11th 11, 07:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
Sometimes I really wish I had a camera. Most of the time, that's
because there's a cat doing something cute and I want to show
everyone. But once in a great while, I want to take a picture of
something other than a cat (but don't tell my guys, they might
get huffy).

As I was getting into my car at the end of the day, I happened to
glance at the odometer, and saw that it was set on 199999. It was
about to go to 200000, and I had no way to document this momentous
occasion! So I started driving, luckily on a very lightly traveled
back road, and watched the Big Rollover. Wheeee!

I'm easily amused.

Joyce

LOL!! When I took my car for an oil change at a local shop (I drive a 2002
Hyundai bought in 2003) the guy asked me (in amazement), "Is that odometer
reading right?!" Yep! It was under19,000 miles. (It just recently hit
20,000 miles. Not 200,000 miles.) I shrugged and said, "Yep. But I don't
really go anywhere. I drive to/from the grocery store. That's about it."
[Of course, we did drive it 700 miles from TN to SC with Persia in her
carrier buckled into the back seat.] I don't expect to hit 200,000 miles
any time soon.

Jill

Old February 11th 11, 10:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

LOL!! When I took my car for an oil change at a local shop (I drive a 2002
Hyundai bought in 2003) the guy asked me (in amazement), "Is that odometer
reading right?!" Yep! It was under19,000 miles. (It just recently hit
20,000 miles. Not 200,000 miles.) I shrugged and said, "Yep. But I don't
really go anywhere. I drive to/from the grocery store. That's about it."
[Of course, we did drive it 700 miles from TN to SC with Persia in her
carrier buckled into the back seat.] I don't expect to hit 200,000 miles
any time soon.

When you decide to sell your car, your driving habits will be a major
asset - older car with low mileage = good buy.

I bought my car in 2002. It was 5 years old and had 56K miles on it
at the time. So I've put 144K miles on it in 9 years, or 16,000 per
year on average. Hey, that's not so bad, considering I commute 70 miles
a day (round trip), and have been doing so for almost 5 years. I really
don't do a lot of driving otherwise.

Joyce

--
"Sentimentality" -- that's what we call the sentiment we don't share.
-- Graham Greene
Old February 11th 11, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_3_]

11.2.2011 12:14, kirjoitti:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I have about the same commute as you do, 110km (68 miles) round trip,
but I've only been doing that since last May. Still, it has added a lot
of km to my li'l green buggy (Renault Megane Coupé 2002). She's (the
car) going to the car doc on Monday, as hubby had an accident with her.
Nothing serious, a jerk didn't yield when he should have and smashed her
back left hand door. Now she's gonna get a new door and be all pretty
again. And the jerk's insurance pays for it!!

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old February 13th 11, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

LOL!! When I took my car for an oil change at a local shop (I drive a
2002
Hyundai bought in 2003) the guy asked me (in amazement), "Is that
odometer
reading right?!" Yep! It was under19,000 miles. (It just recently hit
20,000 miles. Not 200,000 miles.) I shrugged and said, "Yep. But I
don't
really go anywhere. I drive to/from the grocery store. That's about
it."
[Of course, we did drive it 700 miles from TN to SC with Persia in her
carrier buckled into the back seat.] I don't expect to hit 200,000
miles
any time soon.

When you decide to sell your car, your driving habits will be a major
asset - older car with low mileage = good buy.

Out of curiousity I checked the Kelly Blue Book value of my car. Even
having had someone hit it in a parking lot and having the door
repaired/repainted it's not worth much. But it's a handy little car (and
cute!) and gets great gas mileage so I won't be getting rid of it any time
soon

I bought my car in 2002. It was 5 years old and had 56K miles on it
at the time. So I've put 144K miles on it in 9 years, or 16,000 per
year on average. Hey, that's not so bad, considering I commute 70 miles
a day (round trip), and have been doing so for almost 5 years. I really
don't do a lot of driving otherwise.

Joyce

When I bought my car I was still driving to work every day but it certainly
wasn't a 70 mile commute! So no, you're not doing badly at all mileage
wise! It *is* a 20 mile trip to the grocery store. So I pretty much
compile a list and shop once a month to stock up.

Persia is snoozing on the chair behind me. It's nice enough we might get to
sit outside today. I haven't been besieged by snow like some of the folks
here. But it's been raining for what feels like forever. Today maybe we
can sit outside on the patio with Persia in her kitty walk. I'll read a
book, she watch the birds and squirrels.

Jill